contrast (noun) · contrasts (plural noun)
contrast (verb) · contrasts (third person present) · contrasted (past tense) · contrasted (past participle) · contrasting (present participle)
1. Contrast definition is - to set off in Contrast : compare or appraise in respect to differences —often used with to or with
2. How to use Contrast in a sentence
3. Synonym Discussion of Contrast.
4. To exhibit unlikeness on comparison with something else; form a Contrast. Linguistics
5. To differ in a way that can serve to distinguish meanings: The sounds (p) and (b) Contrast in the words “pin” and “bin.”
6. Distinction or emphasis of difference by comparison of opposite or dissimilar things, qualities, etc (esp in the phrases by Contrast, in Contrast to or with) 2
7. To compare someone or something with another or others, or to show the differences between two or more things: [ T ] She Contrasted Hamilton’s Federalist ideas with the Anti-Federalist views of …
8. The words collate and compare are common synonyms of Contrast. While all three words mean "to set side by side in order to show differences and likenesses," Contrast implies an emphasis on differences
9. Contrasted the computerized system with the old filing cards When is …
10. Find 85 ways to say Contrast, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
11. Adjust the brightness, sharpness, or Contrast Click the picture that you want to change the brightness for
12. If you have a default high Contrast theme that you like, you can quickly enable high Contrast by pressing the left Alt +⇧ Shift and Print Screen (Print Scr)
13. MRI with Contrast can generate highly detailed visuals of internal organs and soft tissues
14. 1 MRI Contrast agents contain a rare earth metal called gadolinium that interacts with the magnetic field emitted by the MRI machines
15. Gadolinium-based Contrast agents (GBCAs) are able to produce the most accurate MRI images possible.
16. That will open the screen calibration utility, work through the steps in that utility, one of those is Contrast
17. To help them appear clearly, you may need a special dye called a Contrast material
18. This is because modern IV Contrast dye is less likely to cause a reaction than older versions of iodine-based Contrast dyes
19. To Contrast something means to show or express the opposite
20. Writers use Contrast to show the differences between two or more different things.
21. When writing to Contrast, writers use words like the following: however, instead, in Contrast, on the contrary, but, on the other hand, yet, unlike
22. Writers can also organize a Contrast in different ways
23. It is one of the principles of art which refers to the striking difference between two elements.For example, there is a strong Contrast when you place a vivid red next to a dull green, or a rough texture next to a smooth texture, or a hard edge next to a soft edge, and so on.
24. Contrast: 1 n the opposition or dissimilarity of things that are compared “"in Contrast to", "by Contrast” Synonyms: direct Contrast Type of: oppositeness , opposition the relation between opposed entities n the act of distinguishing by comparing differences Type of: comparing , comparison the act of examining resemblances n a conceptual
25. Contrast - the range of optical density and tone on a photographic negative or print (or the extent to which adjacent areas on a television screen differ in brightness) photography, picture taking - the act of taking and printing photographs.
26. A Contrast is a great difference between two or more things which is clear when you compare them.the Contrast between town and country
27. [+ between] The two visitors provided a startling Contrast in appearance
28. Silk was used with wool for Contrast.
29. • In Contrast to Seldane, Claritin is still considered a very safe drug
30. • In Contrast to the life the researchers had witnessed during their descent, the view was now a barren moonscape
31. • He's known for his use of Contrast in his paintings
32. • What surprised me was the Contrast between Picasso's early style and his later work.
33. Contrast (v.) 1690s, "to set in opposition with a view to show the differences; to stand in opposition or Contrast; to set off (each other) by Contrast," from French Contraster (Old French contrester), modified by or from Italian Contrastare "stand out against, strive, contend," from Vulgar Latin *Contrastare "to stand opposed to, withstand," from Latin contra "against" (see contra) + stare
34. Contrast Dye – What It Does and Why You Need It
35. Contrast dye—sometimes referred to as medical imaging Contrast, Contrast materials or Contrast agent—is a substance that radiologists use to see your organs and tissues more clearly in your medical images
36. Contrast Imaging An MRI term for the relative difference of signal intensities in two adjacent regions of an image
37. Image Contrast heavily depends on the chosen imaging technique (i.e., TE, TR, TI), and reflects such parameters as proton density and T1 or T2 relaxation times.
38. Synonyms for in Contrast include while, although, however, whereas, but, conversely, though, yet, nevertheless and on the other hand
39. The Contrast () CSS function adjusts the Contrast of the input image
40. Testing the significance of a Contrast requires the computation of SS Contrast
41. A recent development in statistical analysis is the standardized mean of a Contrast variable
42. This makes a comparison between the size of the differences between groups, as measured by a Contrast and the accuracy with which that Contrast can be measured by a given
43. Contrast is a puzzle/platform game where you can move between a fantastic 3D world and a mysterious shadowy universe in 2D in the blink of an eye
44. Cast light on a shadowy story and become enveloped in the seduction of the sultry jazz soundtrack, explored through gameplay in the world of Contrast
45. Learner's definition of Contrast 1 [no object] : to be different especially in a way that is very obvious Her black dress and the white background Contrast sharply.
46. Contrast is a key element to convey certain moods through your images
47. High Contrast photos pop out, show textures in the subject and give a feeling of edginess, high energy and strength
48. High Contrast is used a lot in street photography and nature photography
49. Low Contrast images tend to have a dreamy feeling.
50. Contrast is defined as the difference in light intensity between the image and the adjacent background relative to the overall background intensity
51. In general, a minimum Contrast value of 0.02 (2 percent) is needed by the human eye to distinguish differences between the image and its …
52. Another way to say In Contrast? Synonyms for In Contrast (other words and phrases for In Contrast).
53. The level AA requires a Contrast ratio of at least 4.5:1 for normal text and 3:1 for large text (at least 18pt) or bold text
54. The level AAA requires a Contrast ratio of at least 7:1 for normal text and 4.5:1 for large text or bold text
55. Contrast is how well black can be distinguished from white at a given resolution
56. For an image to appear well defined, black details need to appear black and the white details must appear white (see Figure 1).The more the black and white information trend into the intermediate greys, the lower the Contrast at …
57. Two Ways of Organizing Contrasts "One of the major advantages of using comparison/Contrast to explain ideas is that it can lend itself quite naturally to two easy-to-arrange and easy-to-follow patterns of organization
58. In the point-by-point method, writers address a series of characteristics or features shared by the two subjects; they compare or Contrast the two subjects on …
59. Adjectives for Contrast include contrariant, contrary, Contrastable, Contrasted, Contrasting, Contrastive, Contrasty, contraried and contrarying
60. Contrast Connector List; However Nevertheless On the other hand On the contrary Even so Notwithstanding Though Otherwise At the same time Alternatively Instead Nonetheless Conversely By Contrast In Contrast But Yet While Whereas Although Even though Despite / In spite of However It is used to indicate a Contrast or contradiction
61. What does Contrast mean? A difference, esp
62. Contrast sensitivity refers to the ability to detect differences between light and dark areas; therefore, if you have low vision, increasing the Contrast between an object and its background will generally make the object more visible
63. Enhancing Contrast is one of the simplest, least expensive, and most effective home modifications you can
64. Contrast is one of the main principles of art defined by art historians and critics
65. In many ways, Contrast is the opposite of the element of unity, in that it commands the viewer's attention by sheer force of its differences.
66. Contrast dye is a solution that is used to accentuate specific structures when looking at a body image
67. RadioContrast agents are substances that are used in studies such as X-rays, fluoroscopy, and computed tomography (CT) scans
68. A compare and Contrast essay is written similarly to any other essay with an introduction, body and conclusion
69. You should start your compare and Contrast essay with an explanation or definition of the topic and two subject areas
70. How to Write a Conclusion for a Compare and Contrast
71. The Purpose of Comparison and Contrast in Writing
72. Comparison in writing discusses elements that are similar, while Contrast in writing discusses elements that are different
73. A compare-and-Contrast essay, then, analyzes two subjects by comparing them, Contrasting them, or both.
74. The key to a good compare-and-Contrast essay is to choose two or more subjects that connect in a meaningful way.
75. ‘a Contrast between rural and urban trends’ ‘Kos is an island of Contrasts’ ‘One can further continue the associations with the Contrasts of righteousness and wrongdoing, life and death and the like.’
76. Contrast is the principle that makes things stand out
77. Lack of Contrast is the basis for simple camouflage
78. Countershading, where areas naturally in shadow are made lighter and areas in full light are made darker, is a more sophisticated form of camouflage designed to reduce Contrast …