contrary (noun) · the contrary (noun) · contraries (plural noun)
See also: Contrary
1. Contrary definition is - a fact or condition incompatible with another : opposite —usually used with the
2. How to use Contrary in a sentence
3. Synonym Discussion of Contrary.
4. Contrary synonyms, Contrary pronunciation, Contrary translation, English dictionary definition of Contrary
5. Opposed, as in character or purpose: Contrary opinions; acts that are Contrary to our code of ethics.
6. Contrary definition, opposite in nature or character; diametrically or mutually opposed: Contrary to fact; Contrary propositions
7. 40 synonyms of Contrary from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 151 related words, definitions, and antonyms
8. Contrary: being as different as possible.
9. Find 60 ways to say Contrary, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
10. Contrary, the literary Journal of Unpopular Discontent, publishes poetry, fiction, lyrical commentary and writings that confront the edges of those categories.
11. What is the opposite of Contrary? Antonyms for Contrary (opposite of Contrary)
12. If a Pokémon with Contrary uses Belly Drum, its Attack will be lowered to -6 stages (although the message will still say that the user maximized its Attack); if the user's Attack is already at -6 stages, Belly Drum will still deduct HP
13. Even if the user has Contrary, Belly Drum fails if …
14. A Contrary view might emphasize that the market makers have invested vast amounts to stay ahead in the race for information
15. On the face of it, the practice of contingency fees could very well be tortious, Contrary to the torts of champerty and maintenance
16. The said proposal was wholly Contrary to the agreement or common understanding pleaded
17. Contrary: 1 n exact opposition “public opinion to the Contrary he is not guilty” Type of: oppositeness , opposition the relation between opposed entities n a relation of direct opposition Synonyms: opposite , reverse Type of: oppositeness , opposition the relation between opposed entities n a logical relation such that two propositions are
18. To The Contrary (TTC,) PBS all women's news analysis television program in its 26th season about women's rights, women's issues and equality
19. That is Contrary to the statute which has conferred upon it the power of rehearing and the duty to rehear and redetermine these cases.: They are strong, redolent of the dignity of human life, and Contrary to many images of female nudity.: But Contrary to being a dying art, brewing is flourishing north of the Border.: It is the third film in the gross-out comedy series, and, Contrary to initial
20. This society draws upon the same spiritual powers as the Contrary Warriors Society
21. It is primarily composed of Cheyenne elders and may be a mature variation of the Contrary Warriors Society
22. See also: by, Contrary Contrary to (something) In opposition to something
23. There's no way we can get all these documents scanned in a week, Contrary to what the boss thinks
24. Contrary is a venture fund that identifies the world’s top early-career engineers, designers, and product minds, connects them with a close-knit, career-long support community, and …
25. See 9 authoritative translations of Contrary in Spanish with example sentences, phrases and audio pronunciations.
26. Contrary: Perversity あまのじゃく: Game's Text: Makes stat changes have an opposite effect
27. What does Contrary mean? Contrary is defined as something that is opposite
28. (noun) An example of Contrary is Christianity and Athiesm.
29. Definition of to the Contrary in the Idioms Dictionary
30. What does to the Contrary expression mean? Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary.
31. Contrary to the actor’s outgoing image, he is really a very shy man
32. 🔊 On the Contrary, the fundraiser chairperson believes we still have enough time to raise money for the new daycare center
33. 🔊 The hedge fund manager took a Contrary approach to investing that upset many of his clients
34. Contrary adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (willful, obstinate) terco/a, obstinado/a adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo
35. Josie was a Contrary child, and she was prone to tantrums.
36. Find 25 ways to say Contrary TO, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
37. Contrary 'Contrary' is a 8 letter word starting with C and ending with Y Crossword clues for 'Contrary'
38. Synonyms for On The Contrary (other words and phrases for On The Contrary)
39. On the Contrary is a phrase that is used to deny something that has been said or implied, a phrase used when one believes in the truth of the opposite of what has been said.On the Contrary is considered a fairly strong objection to another person’s assertion, and is usually used in heated debates.On the Contrary may serve as an opening phrase to a longer explanation, or it may stand on its
40. Funding for TO THE Contrary is provided by Sam's Club and the Life Technologies Foundation
41. As adjectives the difference between Contrary and opposite is that Contrary is opposite; in an opposite direction; in opposition; adverse while opposite is located directly across from something else, or from each other
42. As adverbs the difference between Contrary and opposite is that Contrary is contrarily while opposite is in an opposite position
43. As nouns the difference between Contrary and
44. On the Contrary, there is a cancer of violence, a modern-day slavery growing in America by the day, in the very places where we live and work
45. It is not Contrary to reason to prefer the destruction of the whole world to the scratching of my finger.
46. On the Contrary adv adverb: Describes a verb, adjective, adverb, or clause--for example, "come quickly," "very rare," "happening now," "fall down." (not at all, quite the opposite) al contrario, invece avv avverbio : Descrive o specifica il significato di un verbo, di una frase, o di parti del discorso: "Sostammo brevemente " - "Ho tirato la
47. On the Contrary, the project will produce valuable reference material and should be lauded for its novelty and foresight
48. But, on the Contrary , it was a very serious affair.
49. As adjectives the difference between Contrary and contradictory is that Contrary is opposite; in an opposite direction; in opposition; adverse while contradictory is that contradicts something, such as an argument
50. As nouns the difference between Contrary and contradictory is that Contrary is the opposite while contradictory is (logic) any of a pair of propositions, that cannot both be true or
51. On the Contrary, however, is used when the writer or speaker wishes to emphasize a negative claim - that is, he brings a viewpoint that is explicitly not accepted, and the phrase is used to bring the alternate option: "Kimchi's flavor is not rotten and naueseous, as some claim
52. We've got 172 rhyming words for Contrary » What rhymes with Contrary? This page is about the various possible words that rhymes or sounds like Contrary.Use it for writing poetry, composing lyrics for your song or coming up with rap verses.
53. Never hesitates to inject a Contrary viewpoint, whether at a department meeting or Grandma's Thanksgiving dinner table
54. SYNONYMY NOTE: Contrary, in this comparison, implies a habitual disinclination to accept orders, advice, etc.; , perverse implies an unreasonable obstinacy in deviating from what is considered right or acceptable; , restive is applied to persons who are impatient under restraint or discipline and hence are hard to control or keep in order; , balky implies a stopping short and stubbornly
55. Contrary is the manipulative founder of Ultraforce
56. Contrary Creek Ranches located in the Texas Hill Country, offers 21 tracts from 73 to 140 acres
57. Definition and synonyms of Contrary from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
58. This is the British English definition of Contrary.View American English definition of Contrary.
59. Englisch-Deutsch-Übersetzungen für Contrary im Online-Wörterbuch dict.cc (Deutschwörterbuch).
60. Contrary definition: Ideas , attitudes , or reactions that are Contrary to each other are completely different Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
61. Contrary to What the CDC's New COVID-19 Advice Implies, There Is Strong Evidence That Vaccination Curtails Virus Transmission Research in …
62. Synonyms for Contrary in Free Thesaurus
63. 74 synonyms for Contrary: opposite, different, opposed, clashing, counter, reverse, differing, adverse
64. Contrary Bear A little girl's best friend is her stuffed bear, or as her dad calls him, Contrary Bear
65. Contrary Bear doesn't want to wear shoes to go outside, throws sand at playmates, won't be quiet at naptime, and much more
66. But after being naughty all day and getting dad very mad, it looks like Contrary Bear may have gone too far this time.
Contrary reverses your stat changes.This means that when you're supposed to lose stats, you actually gain them, and vice versa. This means if Serperior uses Swords dance with the ability contrary, its attack will actually go down two stages instead of up. This also applies to your opponents attacks.
Definition of contrary terms : terms that cannot both be affirmed in the same sense of the same subject (as white and black, good and bad)
reverse, contrary, opposite(noun) a relation of direct opposition. "we thought Sue was older than Bill but just the reverse was true". Synonyms: reversal, turnabout, turnaround, setback, opposite, black eye, opposite word, reverse, verso, inverse, blow, antonym, opposition, opponent, reversion, reverse gear.
• CONTRARY TO FACT (adjective) The adjective CONTRARY TO FACT has 1 sense: 1. going counter to the facts (usually as a hypothesis) Familiarity information: CONTRARY TO FACT used as an adjective is very rare.