contraband (noun) · contraband of war (noun) · contrabands of war (plural noun)
1. Contraband first appeared in English in the early 1500s as a borrowing of Italian contrabbando. This Italian word can be traced to the Medieval Latin word contrabannum, a combination of "contra-" ("against") and "bannum" ("decree")
2. Storyline Chris Faraday once smuggled illegal items or Contraband into the country on freighters. He left that life behind, got married, has a family and went legit
3. Contraband adjective smuggled, illegal, illicit, black-market, hot (informal), banned, forbidden, prohibited, unlawful, bootleg, bootlegged, interdicted Most of the city markets were flooded with Contraband goods
4. Goods which are brought into or taken out of the country secretly and illegally: The truck contained thousands of pounds worth of Contraband.
5. Critics consensus It's more entertaining than your average January action thriller, but that isn't enough to excuse Contraband's lack of originality and unnecessarily convoluted plot.
6. Contraband is commonly defined as goods prohibited by law from being imported or exported
7. There are many different kinds of Contraband, including homemade weapons, gambling paraphernalia, excessively metered envelopes, weapons, drugs, food, and whatnot.
8. Contraband (2012) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more.
9. I have read and enjoyed all of Stuart Woods books but Contraband crosses a line The narrative becomes raunchy and is probably a book young teens would read in the dark
10. Contraband adjective smuggled, illegal, illicit, black-market, hot (informal), banned, forbidden, prohibited, unlawful, bootleg, bootlegged, interdicted Most of the city markets were flooded with Contraband goods
11. What does Contraband mean? Forbidden by law to be imported or exported
12. Contraband Auto Sales #2 is here to help you find the ideal vehicle to meet your needs and your budget
13. Location: Contraband Auto Sales #2 1501 E Prien Lake Rd Lake Charles, LA 70601 Tel: (337) 474-1766.
14. Contraband is available as reward item from Duty Officer Assignments and is a requirement to complete some
15. 1 Value 2 Usage 3 Acquisition 3.1 Duty officer assignments [Contraband] has a value of 2000
16. You need to have [Contraband] to complete the following Duty Officer Assignments: …
17. Contraband (1940) is a wartime spy film by the British director-writer team of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger, which reunited stars Conrad Veidt and Valerie Hobson after their earlier appearance in The Spy in Black the previous year
18. The words “narcotic”, “drug”, “weapon” and “Contraband” were omitted, since the insertion of the words “contrary to any rule or regulation promulgated by the attorney general” preserves the intent of the original statutes
19. Contraband of war, is the act by which, in times of war, a neutral vessel introduces, or attempts to introduce into the territory of, one of the belligerent parties, arms, ammunition, or other effects intended for, or which may serve, hostile operations.
20. Find 39 ways to say Contraband, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
21. Contraband are the objects that prisoners smuggle into prison or obtain inside the prison
22. Contraband [Blu-ray] 4.6 out of 5 stars 2,593
23. Contraband items are items the Guards do not allow you to have
24. They will be confiscated if a guard finds them on you when you are knocked out, or if they see a Contraband item on the ground
25. (30% on mobile.) Contraband detectors look like gates with a …
26. Contraband items may be sent to a forwarding address at the patient’s expense, stored in the patient property safe, or destroyed
27. Currency of any type will be considered Contraband, and will be placed in the patient’s account for use
28. Contraband in correctional facilities includes illegal items, such as drugs and weapons, or items prohibited in the area being monitored, such as cell phones
29. Prison staff needs to be able to detect and confiscate Contraband quickly to prevent drug abuse, violence and the commission of further crimes.
30. When a Virginia slave owner demanded the return of three slaves that had escaped to Fort Monroe, Butler refused, on the grounds that these persons (or property, as the Confederacy considered them) were being used to wage war against the Union (the term "Contraband of war" will soon be used to describe such escaped slaves, though Butler himself
31. Contraband translate: Contrabando, Contrabando
32. Contraband, in the laws of war, goods that may not be shipped to a belligerent because they serve a military purpose
33. The laws of war relating to Contraband developed in the later European Middle Ages and have undergone continual development in order to meet the needs of the major maritime powers.
34. Contraband Police is a border post commander simulator
35. Look for hidden Contraband and finally issue or refuse permission to enter the country
36. ‘It survived on Contraband and piracy, trading cattle, hides, sugar, tobacco, and foodstuffs directly with other nations.’ ‘With caves, coves and beaches round the island, there was many a hiding place for smugglers, and Contraband was a way of life on Portland - with even the man employed by the government to put a stop to the practice deeply involved.’
37. (a) Contraband is defined in § 500.1(h) of this chapter
38. Items possessed by an inmate ordinarily are not considered to be Contraband if the inmate was authorized to retain the item upon admission to the institution, the item was issued by authorized staff, purchased by the inmate from the commissary, or purchased or received through approved channels (to include approved for receipt by an
39. Contraband cigarettes refer to cigarettes that are illegal to possess or transport
40. 18 USCS § 2341 defines Contraband cigarettes as follows: Contraband cigarettes means a quantity in excess of 10,000 cigarettes, which bear no evidence of the payment of applicable State or local cigarette taxes in the State or locality where such cigarettes are found, if the State or local government requires
41. Contraband is defined in 28 C.F.R
42. Contraband Pink Label 13297 Leopard Print Sport Face Cover/Sport Mask - Polyester Washable & Breathable - 4 Colors (Sold AS A Set) ContrabandPrivateLbl
43. 5 out of 5 stars (1) $ 19.99 FREE shipping Favorite Add to Contraband GetYourArtOnwithMell $ 25.00
44. Contraband is a major issue behind the walls and can be anything from a “homemade” shank by the inmate, or drugs or weapons smuggled into the prison from various ways
45. Not only is different types of Contraband in the prison a threat to the inmates lives, but also a threat to the officers on duty and other staff members.
46. This page contains information about Contraband arrests in and around GDC facilities
47. All Visitors and Employees are Rigorously Screened for Contraband
48. If you bring Contraband, including cell phones, into any GDC facility, you will be …
49. By November 1863, it was recommended that a sum of $1.00 per day to Contraband was a fair wage
50. While the troops did the majority of fort construction, Contraband labor made a significant contribution.
51. ‘It survived on Contraband and piracy, trading cattle, hides, sugar, tobacco, and foodstuffs directly with other nations.’ ‘With caves, coves and beaches round the island, there was many a hiding place for smugglers, and Contraband was a way of life on Portland - with even the man employed by the government to put a stop to the practice deeply involved.’
52. Contraband definition: Contraband refers to goods that are taken into or out of a country illegally
53. Prison Contraband refers to property that is illegal to possess inside a prison
54. For example NY CLS Penal § 205.00 defines prison Contraband as " any article or thing which a person confined in a detention facility is prohibited
55. Contraband that may be evidence in connection with a violation of a criminal statute shall be preserved, inventoried, controlled, and stored so as to maintain and document the chain of custody and reported to the appropriate law enforcement authority for action and possible seizure
56. Editor: We're probably going to need to split Contraband and inspection stations into two pages
57. 1 Information 2 List of Contraband 3 List of Contraband Buyers 4 Gallery 5 Notes Contraband are items that have been outlawed by the Colonial Union
58. Therefore, several inspection stations have been set up to check for Contraband cargo
59. Contraband Lyrics: What—What—What's your name / Don't you play this game / You from another land / Got you like this Contraband / Tell me, what's your name / …
60. The Contraband interior features an elegant black foil design
61. Contraband Klean Kanteen $27.00 - $50.00 Kalita Dripper $35.00 - $44.00 Kalita Wave 185 White Filters $11.00 - $40.00 About Us
62. Contraband is any item that should not be in the possession of your prisoners
63. If a Guard does find Contraband on a prisoner, then a sound will play notifying you of the discovery, followed by a color coded pop-up notification, and finally an item will appear in your to-do list stating how many prisoners are in Lockdown or Solitary as punishment
64. Http://www.Contrabandmovie.com.auIn Cinemas February 23Mark Wahlberg leads the cast of Contraband, a white-knuckle action-thriller about a man trying to stay
CONTRABAND, mar. law. Its most extensive sense, means all commerce which is carried on contrary to the laws of the state . This term is also used to designate all kinds of merchandise which are used, or transported, against the interdictions published by a ban or solemn cry. 2.
Contraband is commonly defined as goods prohibited by law from being imported or exported. There are many different kinds of contraband, including homemade weapons, gambling paraphernalia, excessively metered envelopes, weapons, drugs, food, and whatnot.
The term contraband is a term used to describe illicit goods and generally refers to items imported or exported illegally. Contra means “against” and bando means “ban,” so in simple terms, contraband means “against a ban.” An example of contraband is a drug carried across the United States border.
Synonyms for (adjective) contraband. Synonyms: bootleg, contraband, smuggled, black, black-market. Definition: distributed or sold illicitly. Usage: the black economy pays no taxes. Similar words: illegal. Definition: prohibited by law or by official or accepted rules. Usage: an illegal chess move.