See also: Consternation Webster Conscientious Conscious Consolidate Consummate Constitution Constant Consensus Constitute Construction Conspicuous Consequently Consistent Conscience Consideration Constituent Conservative Consent Consciente Consenso Consignar Constitución Informed Social Constitutional Conspiracy
1. Kids Definition of Consternation : a strong feeling of surprise or sudden disappointment that causes confusion But then Dopey Lekisch called out in Consternation, "The messenger himself will trample the treasure." — Isaac Bashevis Singer, Zlateh the Goat
Consternation, Causes, Confusion, Called
2. First recorded in 1605–15, Consternation is from the Latin word consternātiōn- (stem of consternātiō).
3. Consternation: noun affright , agitation , alarm , anxious concern, anxiousness , apprehension , aversion , boding , despair , dismay , disquiet , disquietude
4. / ˌkɑːn.stɚˈneɪ.ʃ ə n / a feeling of worry, shock, or confusion: The prospect of so much work filled him with Consternation. To his Consternation, when he got to the airport he found he'd forgotten his passport.
5. An estimated 100,000 businesses across the nation closed their doors as governors ordered residents to remain at home, much to the Consternation of conservative activists who said the directives were unconstitutional
Closed, Consternation, Conservative
6. The definition of Consternation means fear that makes you feel helpless
7. An example of Consternation is what your neighbors might have if you get several large barking dogs.
8. Synonyms for Consternation include alarm, amazement, anxiety, dismay, distress, fear, fright, panic, shock and trepidation
9. One person will find his stimulant in an emergency while another may feel anxiety and Consternation. There was genuine Consternation at the bar as the newspaper report was read aloud
10. The elder daughter finds to her Consternation that her marriage is on the rocks.
11. The Crossword Solver found 32 answers to the Consternation crossword clue
Crossword, Consternation, Clue
12. 'Consternation' is a free-to-play 16-bit horror game developed by CrackedGhostGames and Raster_Entertainment
13. Consternation is a noun that can stop you in your tracks because it means "a sudden, alarming amazement or dread that results in utter confusion; dismay." If you have a sense of Consternation you have become afraid, disoriented, or completely befuddled
Consternation, Can, Confusion, Completely
14. Consternation is a crossword puzzle clue
Consternation, Crossword, Clue
15. Consternation is a crossword puzzle clue that we have spotted over 20 times
Consternation, Crossword, Clue
16. I'M FEELING PRETTY DARN CONSTERNATED!! Subscribe Today for MORE Great Videos! http://bit.ly/MarkiplierPlay Consternation 2 https://crackedghostgames.itch
Consternated, Consternation, Crackedghostgames
17. Definition of Consternation a feeling of worry, shock, or fear - often happens when something unexpected happens Examples of Consternation in a sentence I sleep in Consternation not knowing where my keys are
18. 1899, Kate Chopin, The Awakening "Out!" exclaimed her husband, with something like genuine Consternation in his voice
19. Consternation (n.) "astonishment combined with terror," 1610s, from French Consternation "dismay, confusion," from Latin Consternationem (nominative consternatio) "confusion, dismay," noun of state from past-participle stem of consternare "overcome, confuse, dismay, perplex, terrify, alarm," which is probably related to consternere "throw down, prostrate," from assimilated form of com-, here
Consternation, Combined, Confusion, Consternationem, Consternatio, Consternare, Confuse, Consternere, Com
20. This crossword clue Causes Consternation was discovered last seen in the January 22 2021 at the New York Times Crossword
Crossword, Clue, Causes, Consternation
21. Consternation meaning, definition, what is Consternation: a feeling of worry, shock, or fear: Learn more.
22. Consternation - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
23. Definition of Consternation noun in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
24. The announcement created surprise and Consternation
25. Consternation 'Consternation' is a 13 letter word starting with C and ending with N Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Consternation We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Consternation will help you to finish your crossword today
26. La Consternation de l'opinion publique britannique grandit.: The public mood in Britain is one of growing dismay.: À ma Consternation, mon portefeuille s'était envolé.: To my dismay, my wallet was gone.: La ville de Vaughan a publié des messages qui ont suscité de la Consternation.: The city of Vaughan ran some ads which caused Consternation.: C'était la Consternation à l'ambassade.
Consternation, City, Caused
27. Consternation is a feeling of anxiety or fear.
28. Consternation is a noun that can stop you in your tracks because it means "a sudden, alarming amazement or dread that results in utter confusion; dismay." If you have a sense of Consternation you have become afraid, disoriented, or completely befuddled.
Consternation, Can, Confusion, Completely
29. Definition of Consternation (noun): shocked or worried feeling
30. Definition and synonyms of Consternation from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
31. This is the British English definition of Consternation.View American English definition of Consternation.
32. Consternation: French or Latin; French, from Latin Consternation-, consternatio, from consternare to throw into confusion, from com- + -sternare, probably from sternere to spread, strike down — more at STREW : amazement or dismay that hinders or throws into confusion.
Consternation, Consternatio, Consternare, Confusion, Com
33. Consternation1 & 2 have different feels, but similar goals: Find a key, and escape the scary pixel monsters chasing you.https://gamejolt.com/games/consternat
Chasing, Com, Consternat
34. Live Consternation synonyms, Live Consternation pronunciation, Live Consternation translation, English dictionary definition of Live Consternation
35. 100000232338334 commented on the word Consternation "Suddenly a section of Astroturf leaped up as a trap snapped shut, narrowly missing the wolf's hind leg
36. The wolf yipped in Consternation, frozen in place."-Dead as a Doornail, by Charlaine Harris
37. Definition of Consternation in the Definitions.net dictionary
38. What does Consternation mean? Information and translations of Consternation in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
39. Synonyms for Consternation in Free Thesaurus
40. 18 synonyms for Consternation: dismay, shock, alarm, horror, panic, anxiety, distress
41. Definition of Consternation in the Fine Dictionary
42. Meaning of Consternation with illustrations and photos
43. Pronunciation of Consternation and its etymology
44. Related words - Consternation synonyms, antonyms, hypernyms and hyponyms
45. Example sentences containing Consternation
46. Consternation \Con`ster*na"tion\, n
47. There was Consternation among the monks, all but Carlus and Simeon, who both looked stone-faced
48. In complete Consternation I turned to see two servants quietly enter the room with chains in tow
Complete, Consternation, Chains
49. When she did, and looked eagerly at the window, it was to turn to him immediately in Consternation.
50. Translation for 'Consternation' in the free English-Polish dictionary and many other Polish translations.
51. 'Consternation II' is a free-to-play, indie, horror game developed by CrackedGhostGames and Raster_Entertainment
52. How to say Consternation in English? Pronunciation of Consternation with 2 audio pronunciations, 15 synonyms, 1 meaning, 14 translations, 6 sentences and more for Consternation.
53. Consternation 2 is a free-to-play, indie, horror game developed by CrackedGhostGames and Raster_Entertainment
54. See authoritative translations of Consternation in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
55. Find more ways to say Consternation, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.