See also: Conformist Conformista Conformists Non Conflict Confer Confident Confidence Conformity Confound Confederation Confront Conflagration Confused Confirm Conferred Confusion Confidant Confine Confined Confidential Conference Confiding Confounded Confederacy Confess
1. Conformist definition is - one who conforms : a person who behaves in accordance with prevailing standards or customs and typically dislikes or avoids unconventional behavior
Conformist, Conforms, Customs
2. A Conformist is a person who follows traditional standards of conduct
3. If you're a Conformist, it's unlikely you'll join a revolution to overthrow your government; instead you'll argue that it's best to keep things the way they are. Conformist comes from the Old French word conformer, which means "to agree to, make or be similar, be agreeable."
Conformist, Comes, Conformer
4. The Conformist are people who try to fit in to any mainstream trend that is that status quo of the time
5. Storyline This story opens in 1938 in Rome, where Marcello has just taken a job working for Mussollini and is courting a beautiful young woman who will make him even more of a Conformist. Marcello is going to Paris on his honeymoon and his bosses have an assignment for him there.
6. Original Title: Il ConformistaR 1h 53min Drama 22 October 1970 (USA) A weak-willed Italian man becomes a fascist flunky who goes abroad to arrange the assassination of his old teacher, now a political …
7. Synonyms & Antonyms of Conformist (Entry 1 of 2) often disapproving a person who behaves in a way that is considered acceptable by most people and who avoids doing things that could be considered different or unusual They went from being angry punk rockers to bland Conformists.
Conformist, Considered, Could, Conformists
8. The Conformist of the title, Marcello Clerici (Jean-Louis Trintignant), longs to lead what he considers a “normal life”
Conformist, Clerici, Considers
9. Are You a Conformist? 10 Questions - Developed by: Luna - Updated on: 2011-08-01 - Developed on: 2011-07-24 - 35,030 taken - 4 people like it Are you a Conformist, a non Conformist, or an anti-Conformist.
10. Conformist definition, a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc
11. A commentary on fascism and beauty alike, Bernardo Bertolucci's The Conformist is acclaimed for its sumptuous visuals and extravagant, artful cinematography.
Commentary, Conformist, Cinematography
12. Someone who behaves or thinks like the other people in a group and doesn't do anything unusual (Definition of Conformist from the Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary © Cambridge University …
Conformist, Cambridge, Content
13. With The Conformist, Bernardo Bertolucci delivered one of his signature masterworks and joined the ranks of world-class directors.
14. The Conformist luckily works beyond a reductive formula that might point to sexual trauma as the primary event, the sole cause for Marcello being the way he is
15. ‘A real Conformist isn't going to blow the whistle.’ ‘Are you an individualist or simply a Conformist in disguise?’ ‘After graduating, he decides to become a complete Conformist in order to deflect any future criticism, much to the horror of his artsy parents.’
Conformist, Complete, Criticism
16. The Protestant population of England during the latter half of the sixteenth century (1550-1600) had divided into three sects--the Conformists, the Puritans, and the Separatists or Brownists.
17. The Conformist is an attempt to trace the origins of the impulse toward Fascism in an individual mind
18. Dictionary entry overview: What does Conformist mean? • Conformist (noun) The noun Conformist has 1 sense:
19. Someone who conforms to established standards of conduct (especially in religious matters) Familiarity information: Conformist used as a noun is very rare
Conforms, Conduct, Conformist
20. • Conformist (adjective) The adjective Conformist has 2 senses:
21. What does Conformist mean? (religion) In English history, people whose religious practices conformed with the requirements of the Act of Uniformity
22. Previously, many people were passive, Conformist churchgoers, experiencing church as a television without a remote control
Conformist, Churchgoers, Church, Control
23. The Western system functions by allowing small islands of dissent in an overwhelming sea of Conformist propaganda.: As long as a pupil is quiet, inconspicuous and Conformist, everything is fine.: Far from daring, he was a Conformist, reinforcing the majority culture …
24. Someone who is Conformist behaves or thinks like everyone else rather than doing things that are original
25. He may have to become more Conformist if he is to prosper again
26. Her target is the controlled, safe, Conformist life to which people aspire
27. A Conformist is someone who is Conformist.
28. Not to be confused to with nonConformists, who choose their own tastes
29. See synonyms for Conformist along with related words and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
30. • Among the non Conformist Churches would be the Congregationalists and Baptist Churches
Conformist, Churches, Congregationalists
31. • Our children's creativity is being beaten down by the Conformist educational system
Children, Creativity, Conformist
32. • Your problem is that you are too Conformist in your thinking
33. • Lagrange's outspoken views have left him well outside the Conformist political mainstream.
34. You Are a Conformist (That Is, You Are Human) Recognize that conformity is inevitable and avoid its pitfalls
35. Marked by conformity or convention: "Underneath the image, teenagers today are surprisingly Conformist" (Selina S
Conformity, Convention, Conformist
36. Examples of Conformist in a sentence
37. As someone who refuses to be a Conformist, I go out of my way to take the path less frequently chosen
38. 🔊 The school system is now asking each child to become a Conformist by wearing school uniforms
39. See 2 authoritative translations of Conformist in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
40. Conformist definition: Someone who is Conformist behaves or thinks like everyone else rather than doing things Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
41. Conformist in a sentence - Use "Conformist" in a sentence 1
42. Suburbs have always been derided as bourgeois, consumerist and Conformist
43. For the traditionally Conformist Japanese, that is no easy task
44. Click for more sentences of Conformist
45. Conformist n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc
46. ([sb] conventional) Conformista n común nombre común en cuanto al género: Sustantivo que tiene una sola forma para los dos géneros (humorista, comediante, músico)
Conventional, Conformista, Com, Cuanto, Comediante
47. Conformist attitudes aren't good for creativity
48. A nonConformist is someone who doesn’t conform to other people’s ideas of how things should be
49. Activists, artists, street performers, your wacky uncle Marvin — anyone who marches to the beat of a different drummer is a nonConformist.
50. The Conformist movie reviews & Metacritic score: Set in Rome in the 1930s, this re-release of Bernardo Bertolucci's 1970 breakthrough feature stars Jean-Louis Trintignant as a Mussolini operative sent to Paris
51. The Conformist is one of the best, but how many have seen it or even know about it? Movies need to have a message and this has a doozy
52. The Conformist comes from a cycle of films by major Italian directors that confronted their nation's fascist past: Luchino Visconti's The Damned (1969), Pier Palo Pasolini's Salò, or the 120 Days
Conformist, Comes, Cycle, Confronted
53. The Conformist is a cold, distant, empty film full of vacuous objects and vacuous people – in some ways, there is no distinction between the two
54. Chickenshit Conformist Lyrics: Punk's not dead, it just deserves to die / When it becomes another stale cartoon / A closed minded, self-centered social club / Ideas don't matter, it's who you know
Chickenshit, Conformist, Cartoon, Closed, Centered, Club
55. Shop for Conformist art from the world's greatest living artists
56. All Conformist artwork ships within 48 hours and includes a 30-day money-back guarantee
57. Choose your favorite Conformist designs and purchase them as wall art, home decor, phone cases, tote bags, and more!
Choose, Conformist, Cases
conformist (noun) · conformists (plural noun)
Originally Answered: What makes a person nonconformist? Being original and thinking beyond the norms / trends / values of the majority makes one a nonconformist. Their thinking pattern is very different from an average person's way of thinking.
conformist. noun. /kənˈfɔːmɪst/. /kənˈfɔːrmɪst/. (often disapproving) jump to other results. a person who behaves and thinks in the same way as most other people and who does not want to be different. see also nonconformist See conformist in the Oxford Advanced American Dictionary. Check pronunciation: conformist.
Examples of nonconformist in a Sentence He was a nonconformist in college but now wears a three-piece suit to work every day. They were stubborn nonconformists who chose to be arrested instead of obeying the laws.
conformed; conforming; conforms. transitive verb. : to give the same shape, outline, or contour to : bring into harmony or accord conform furrows to the slope of the land. intransitive verb. 1 : to be similar or identical also : to be in agreement or harmony —used with to or with changes that conform with our plans.