conform (verb) · conforms (third person present) · conformed (past tense) · conformed (past participle) · conforming (present participle)
1. Conform definition is - to give the same shape, outline, or contour to : bring into harmony or accord
2. How to use Conform in a sentence
3. Did You Know? Synonym Discussion of Conform.
4. To act in accord with the prevailing standards, attitudes, practices, etc., of society or a group: One has to Conform in order to succeed in this company
5. If you Conform, you behave in the way that you are expected to behave
6. You must be prepared to Conform
7. You also use Conform to say that something is what is wanted or required
8. When you use Conform like this, you use either to or with after it.
9. Some common synonyms of Conform are accommodate, adapt, adjust, and reconcile
10. While all these words mean "to bring one thing into correspondence with another," Conform applies to bringing into accordance with a pattern, example, or principle
11. Refused to Conform to society's values Where would accommodate be a reasonable alternative to Conform?
12. Find 76 ways to say Conform, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
13. To behave according to a group’s usual standards and expectations, or to operate according to a rule: The contract requires that managers Conform to high standards of personal conduct
14. Conform Automotive is North America’s largest and most innovative manufacturer of needlepunched nonwoven fabrics and polyester staple fibers
15. Conform® is a revolutionary stay-in-place concrete wall forming system that promotes easy construction in all types of climate
16. ConformX's document engine builds a custom document package built around your rules every time you import a loan.
17. Every piece of furniture from Conform is designed to be the most comfortable spot in your home.
18. Definition of Conform, ConformABLE, ConformABLY, ConformATION, ConformED, ConformER, ConformING, and ConformITY from the King James Bible Dictionary Thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name
19. Conformity is the tendency for an individual to align their attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors with those of the people around them
20. Conformity can take the form of overt social pressure or subtler
21. What does Conform mean? To make the same or similar
22. (verb) To Conform one's idea to another's.
23. "Conformed"), refers to that which is external.
24. Adjectives for Conform include Conformable, Conformal, Conformational, Conformative, Conforming, Conformist, Conformistic and Conformed
25. En fåtölj från Conform är en välgjord fåtölj av högsta kvalitet utvecklad tillsammans med arkitekter och designers för lika delar komfort och form.
26. First, Conform can be used to speak about obeying rules of governments and other authorities
27. When new buildings are constructed, they have to Conform to government guidelines
28. Similarly, airplanes are designed in order to Conform to international regulations
29. When buildings and airplanes do not Conform to these kinds of laws, it is a big problem!
30. Conform to something It did not Conform to the usual stereotype of an industrial city
31. Conform with something Wordsworth changed the ideas of his poem to Conform with his later religious and political opinions
32. The attempt to force science to Conform with a political or …
33. Con‧form /kənˈfɔːm $ -ɔːrm/ ●○○ AWL verb [ intransitive] 1 to behave in the way that most other people in your group or society behave → Conformist the pressure on schoolchildren to Conform Conform to/with people who do not Conform to traditional standards of behaviour 2
34. I would say Conform to in this situation
35. I would rephrase the sentence slightly: These provisions ensure that treaties Conform to the principles of the Islamic Sharia and the aims for which treaties have been sanctioned
36. ‘Females Conform to their peers more than do males, but there is greater social disapproval for female delinquency.’ ‘Tall, with long, Sixties-style hair and trendy dark shirts, he does not Conform to the public stereotype of the anoraked maths professor.’
37. Confirm vs Conform • Confirm and Conform are homonyms having totally different meanings • While confirm is a verb, Conform is an adjective • Confirm means to make sure of something while Conform means to follow others or the rules and regulations of the organization.
38. See 5 authoritative translations of Conform in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
39. Conform (v.) mid-14c., confourmen, "be obedient (to God), comply," from Old French Conformer "Conform (to), agree (to), make or be similar, be agreeable" (13c.) and directly from Latin Conformare "to fashion, to form, to shape; educate; modify," from assimilated form of com "together" (see con-) + formare "to form" (see form (v.))
40. Word forms: Conforms, Conforming, Conformed 1
41. Intransitive verb If something Conforms to something such as a law or someone's wishes, it is of the required type or quality
42. The lamp has been designed to Conform to new safety standards.
43. Definition of Conform written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
44. Modest in portfolio size yet ample in options, Conform provides for you a customized and sustainably crafted piece creating the most comfortable spot in your home
45. Over 40 years ago in the dense forests of the Småland province of Sweden, Conform came forward with their enduring and sensible collections of relaxers designed with body supportive
46. For more examples, see the Conform examples section
47. This is a simple example to show how Conform_dims works
48. Take a 1D array with the values (/1,2,3,4,5/), and "Conform" it to a 3 x 5 array, and then a 5 x 3 array:
49. Conform: 1 v be similar, be in line with Antonyms: depart , deviate , diverge , vary be at variance with; be out of line with Types: scan Conform to a metrical pattern v adapt or Conform oneself to new or different conditions Synonyms: adapt , adjust Types: show 12 types hide 12 types readapt , readjust adjust anew readapt adapt anew
50. Antonyms for Conform include flout, defy, breach, disregard, violate, break, contravene, disobey, ignore and scorn
51. Please be advised that your construction project needs to Conform to all building codes.
52. Conform Records has built a reputation as one of the most respected independent labels in global techno music since its inception in 1997
53. Synonyms for Conform in Free Thesaurus
54. 78 synonyms for Conform: fit in, follow, yield, adjust, adapt, comply, obey, fall in with, toe the line, follow the crowd, run with the pack, follow convention
55. Find 76 ways to say Conform, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
56. Definition and synonyms of Conform from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
57. This is the British English definition of Conform.View American English definition of Conform.
58. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) proposed rules to modify the Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) to Conform to the United Nations’ Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) Revision 7, which is more current than the version of the GHS that’s incorporated into the existing HCS.
59. Examples of Conform in a sentence
60. Even though Jim was only a teenager, his desire to Conform led him to drink beer with his friends
61. 🔊 The products cannot be sold until they Conform to national safety guidelines
62. 🔊 Because of Janet’s low self-esteem, she tried to Conform alongside the cool kids by imitating their fashion styles
63. Conform to [sth] vi + prep (correspond with, be consistent with) adeguarsi a, intonarsi con, accordarsi con v rif verbo riflessivo o intransitivo pronominale : Verbo che richiede un pronome riferito al soggetto stesso, ma non un complemento oggetto: " Pentitevi finché siete in tempo" - " Ci siamo annoiati tutto il giorno" - "Non mi pettino mai