See also: Concessive Concession Concessionaire Concessionary Concessional Concessioner Concessions Concise Concentric Concur Concurrently Concept Conceited Concede Concern Conception Concomitant Conclusion Concurrence Concrete Concubine Concierge Conclude Conceal Concerned Conceive Concordia Concepto Conciencia Conceived
1. Examples of Concessive in a Sentence Recent Examples on the Web Soon afterwards, the two students told the CU Independent that DiStefano had emailed them, again making Concessive noises
2. What does Concessive mean? Of the nature of or containing a concession
Concessive, Containing, Concession
3. In English grammar, a Concessive is a subordinating word or phrase that signals a contrast, qualification, or concession in relation to the idea expressed in the main clause. Also called a Concessive connective.
Concessive, Contrast, Concession, Clause, Called, Connective
4. Definition of Concessive in the Definitions.net dictionary
5. What does Concessive mean? Information and translations of Concessive in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
6. Concessive clause The main clause, when it follows the Concessive clause, may be emphasized by means of yet, still, nevertheless.
7. The Concessive idea is rather vague and general, and takes a variety of forms, each of which has its distinct history. Sometimes concession is expressed by the Hortatory Subjunctive in a sentence grammatically independent (§ 440), but it is more frequently and more precisely expressed by a dependent clause introduced by a Concessive particle.
Concessive, Concession, Clause
8. A Concessive clause is usually a subordinate clause that expresses a contrast with the concept formulated in the main clause.
Concessive, Clause, Contrast, Concept
9. Concessive clauses are used to concede a given point in an argument
Concessive, Clauses, Concede
10. The principle Concessive conjunctions introducing a Concessive clause are: Though, although, even though, while, and even if
Concessive, Conjunctions, Clause
11. A Concessive clause is usually a subordinate clause that expresses a contrast with the concept formulated in the main clause.
Concessive, Clause, Contrast, Concept
12. Concessive clauses are one of the seven adverbial uses of the subjunctive mood in dependent clauses
13. Therefore, a Concessive clause must be part of a complex sentence with an independent clause.
Concessive, Clause, Complex
14. Concessive (comparative more Concessive, superlative most Concessive) Of, pertaining to, or being a concession; conceding; Translations
Concessive, Comparative, Concession, Conceding
15. Concessive translation in French - French Reverso dictionary, see also 'concessible',concessif',conessine',conceptive', examples, definition, conjugation
Concessive, Concessible, Concessif, Conessine, Conceptive, Conjugation
16. Definition of Concessive adjective in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary
17. Terms like ‘conditional’, ‘temporal’, ‘causal’, ‘Concessive’ are part of the terminological inventory that traditional grammar makes available for the characterization of adverbial clauses
Conditional, Causal, Concessive, Characterization, Clauses
18. Questionnaire on Concessive conditional clauses Version 2.0 EKKEHARD KÖNIG & MARTIN HASPELMATH FU Berlin In addition to answering the analytic questions, please translate all the example sentences (in boldface, numbered E1, E2, etc.) 1
Concessive, Conditional, Clauses
19. The three major types of Concessive CONDITIONAL CLAUSES (CCs)
Concessive, Conditional, Clauses, Ccs
20. Scalar Concessive conditional (SCC) E1.
21. Concessive: A Concessive cum clause express an incompatibility between the two clauses
Concessive, Cum, Clause, Clauses
22. The mood in a cum Concessive clause is subjunctive: Cicero, cum in oppido parvo natus esset, Romae tamen vivebat
Cum, Concessive, Clause, Cicero
23. Concessive clauses are adverbial clauses, so called because they admit or concede something, in spite of which the statement made in the main clause is and continues to be true
Concessive, Clauses, Called, Concede, Clause, Continues
24. La lezione è dedicata all'analisi del periodo, in particolare per la subordinate indirette finali, causali, temporali e Concessive
25. It is an intuition of long-standing that Concessive constructions are somehow the negative or contradictory counterpart of causal constructions.
Concessive, Constructions, Contradictory, Counterpart, Causal
26. Concessive Si/”If” = “Although”
27. Dictionary entry overview: What does Concessive mean? • Concessive (adjective) The adjective Concessive has 1 sense:
28. Of or pertaining to concession Familiarity information: Concessive used as an adjective is very rare.
29. Concessive notionThe following example shows two of the basic characteristics of Concessive-conditional notion of the present pattern:5 i∆tu inanna 'From now on, 10 limi nakrum lillikam-ma even if ten thousands enemy (soldiers) should come, atappul∆u ele≤≤i I will always be able to stand up to ARM 4, 68:14-16 them (lit
Concessive, Characteristics, Conditional, Come
30. Concessive Clauses : If the conjunction word is any of these THOUGH, ALTHOUGH, EVEN THOUGH and EVEN IF, that clause is called Concessive Clause
Concessive, Clauses, Conjunction, Clause, Called
31. The Concessive clause is introduced with a Concessive conjunction such as although, even though, though, or whereas
Concessive, Clause, Conjunction
32. If the Concessive clause is before the main clause, then the two are separated by a comma
Concessive, Clause, Comma
33. Synonyms (Other Words) for Concessive & Antonyms (Opposite Meaning) for Concessive.
34. Concessive - Traduzione del vocabolo e dei suoi composti, e discussioni del forum.
35. Concessive (adj.) "of the nature of or containing a concession," 1640s (implied in Concessively), from Late Latin concessivus, from concess-, past-participle stem of …
Concessive, Containing, Concession, Concessively, Concessivus, Concess
36. Concessive Sebbene io sia stanco continuerò a camminare Even though I am tired I will keep walking: concesivas Sebbene io sia stanco continuerò a camminare Aunque esté cansado, continuaré caminando
Concessive, Continuer, Camminare, Concesivas, Cansado, Continuar, Caminando
37. Concessive ontwikkel my patience is exhausted bellezza proposition இலவம் பஞ்சு meter loss outburst Splitter (u.E.) (S, Tech) (comp) cold load hinliliit snippiness jakost uerudan instill (v.) unturned leaf pohjoisimpana to fabricate a web of lies przyjaciel Bretanha Smithsonian Institution accrochage (n.) odplatit cornflour
Concessive, Comp, Cold, Cornflour
38. Italian Concessive Clauses: uses and meanings (anche se, sebbene, nonostante, malgrado, pur) December 23, 2018 January 20, 2021 Graziana Filomeno advanced-eng Concessive clauses represent one of the most difficult topics for those who study italian…
39. The earliest match for a Concessive "but as much as" in a Google Books search appears in Edward Stillingfleet, Origines Britannicae, or The Antiquities of the British Churches (1685): But, as much as this looks like a Monkish Legend, Alford and Cressy are much displeased with Sir H
Concessive, Churches, Cressy
40. Contrast, Concessive, and corrective: Toward a comprehensive study of opposition relations Mitsuko Narita Izutsu * Sapporo University, Faculty of Foreign Languages, 3-1, 3-jo 7-chome Nishioka, Toyohira-ku, Sapporo 062-8520, Japan Received 6 June 2006; received in revised form 28 February 2007; accepted 29 June 2007 Abstract This paper presents a unifying analysis of opposition …
Contrast, Concessive, Corrective, Comprehensive, Chome
41. What Concessive means in Bengali, Concessive meaning in Bengali, Concessive definition, explanation, pronunciations and examples of Concessive in Bengali
42. Contrast and Concessive connectors October 19, 2016 at 4:28 pm Posted in Contrast connectors, Uncategorized Leave a comment Tags: conectors, contrast Expressing contrast and concession
Contrast, Concessive, Connectors, Comment, Conectors, Concession
43. Because I was not able to find this type of the Concessive clause anywhere on the internet I was given a link on the article on this matter
44. There is discussed many types of the Concessive clause but the only type which is similar to my exemplary sentence and which uses the pattern with "as" is: …
45. Concessive - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
46. Definition and synonyms of Concessive clause from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
47. This is the British English definition of Concessive clause.View American English definition of Concessive clause.
48. This study investigates the influence of causal and Concessive relations on discourse coherence in Chinese by means of eye movement and self-paced reading techniques
Causal, Concessive, Coherence, Chinese
concessive. 2. (Grammar) grammar a conjunction, preposition, phrase, or clause describing a state of affairs that might have been expected to rule out what is described in the main clause but in fact does not: "Although" in the sentence "Although they had been warned, they refused to take care" is a concessive conjunction.
A concessive clause is usually introduced by a subordinate conjunction, though, although, or even if. It was the tenderest malice, but it obtained no concessive sign. A concessive clause may be introduced by the conjunction as, or by a relative pronoun or a relative adverb.
implying or involving concession; tending to concede grammar a conjunction, preposition, phrase, or clause describing a state of affairs that might have been expected to rule out what is described in the main clause but in fact does not"Although" in the sentence "Although they had been warned, they refused to take care" is a concessive conjunction
A concessive clause may be introduced by the conjunction as, or by a relative pronoun or a relative adverb. Concessive clauses sometimes omit the copula and its subject. What Is The Difference Between “Quarantine” And “Isolation”? Is The Coronavirus A Plague? What’s The Difference Between “i.e.” vs. “e.g.”?