See also: Compliment Complimentary Complimented Complimenting Complementarian Complementary Backhanded Left The Return A Compact Comprehensive Compelling Complex Compromise Competent Compassion Composition Compulsory Compliance Complacent Comply Compound Complement Comprise Compassionate Competence Computer Competencia Cloud Clipping Cultural Fifths
1. Compliment, praise, and flatter mean to express approval or admiration to someone personally
2. Compliment is used of a courteous or pleasant statement of admiration
3. He Complimented students on their neat work
4. Compliment and complement are commonly confused terms because they’re pronounced alike and originally shared some meanings.
Compliment, Complement, Commonly, Confused
5. Find 134 ways to say Compliment, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
6. Compliment is the more common of the pair
7. There are plenty of Compliments you can use to make someone feel great about themselves, but certain ones can be more appropriate than others
Compliments, Can, Certain
8. Depending on the scenario, the Compliment you give can either drive home your admiration for someone or make things a little awkward
9. A Compliment is a great way to inspire and motivate others to work
10. Vous cherchez un super Compliment pour rendre quelqu’un heureux ? Ne cherchez plus et profitez d’une immense onde de positivité quand vous direz ces Compliments à votre petit copain, petite copine, ami, amie ou membre de votre famille.
Cherchez, Compliment, Ces, Compliments, Copain, Copine
11. Compliment definition, an expression of praise, commendation, or admiration: A sincere Compliment boosts one's morale
12. When you Compliment a girl whether she is an acquaintance, your best friend, or your wife, you want her to feel better about herself
13. Below are different kinds of Compliments that you can give to a girl in many types of situations
14. To express your approval, admiration, or respect to someone for that person's character, skill, etc.: I Complimented Robert on his great cooking.
Character, Complimented, Cooking
15. Compliment synonyms, Compliment pronunciation, Compliment translation, English dictionary definition of Compliment
16. An expression of admiration; praise; regards: My Compliments to the chef.
17. A false Compliment makes the speaker untrustworthy; it raises suspicions about motives
18. The art of the Compliment is not only a powerful social skill
19. The Compliment you give should depend not only on the person but their role in the company, as well
20. Is the person you’re Complimenting your manager, your teammate or your employee? Knowing this will help you determine how to Compliment them and what to Compliment them on.
21. A genuine Compliment is going to go much further than a false one
22. Compliment, when used as a noun, represents the act of giving praise
23. Here’s an example sentence: He offered a kind Compliment to the chef of the restaurant
24. A thoughtful Compliment can make your day…unless it’s backhanded, of course
Compliment, Can, Course
25. Compliment (plural Compliments) An expression of praise, congratulation, or respect
Compliment, Compliments, Congratulation
26. 1610, William Shakespeare, The Winter’s Tale, Act I, Scene 2, […] I met him With customary Compliment; when he, Wafting his eyes to the contrary and falling A lip of much contempt, speeds from me and So leaves me to consider what is breeding
Customary, Compliment, Contrary, Contempt, Consider
27. Compliment - say something to someone that expresses praise; "He Complimented her on her last physics paper" congratulate
Compliment, Complimented, Congratulate
28. Compliment - express respect or esteem for
29. Here, Compliment refers to giving praise or an instance of giving praise: A man she’d been out with three times Complimented her for being “an amazing combination of fun, attractive and smart.” [Stuff.co.nz]“A typical Rutgers-Seton Hall game,” Hill said afterward, meaning it as a Compliment.NorthJersey.com
Compliment, Complimented, Combination, Co, Com
30. Compliment can be either a verb or noun that relates to praising someone or saying something nice about someone
31. One friend Complimented another’s shoes
32. Compliment® Gifts to Uplift
33. See 6 authoritative translations of Compliment in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
34. An honest Compliment can help you build rapport and trust with your colleagues, superiors, and loved ones
Compliment, Can, Colleagues
35. On the contrary, downplaying or deflecting a Compliment is viewed as bad manners and puts off the person who offered it
36. When you reject a Compliment, you not only exhibit a lack of self-confidence, but also make the person feel bad and
37. A Compliment is a polite remark that you say to someone to show that you like their appearance, appreciate their qualities, or approve of what they have done
38. He has never paid me a Compliment
39. I try to graciously accept both Compliments and criticism
40. Definition of Compliment written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
41. World Compliment Day was founded by Hans Poortvliet, a recognition professional from the Netherlands, who wanted to create a better world by having people Compliment each other.
42. ‘It was also a Compliment to the artists themselves.’ ‘This is a Compliment to Westpoint Homes, which built the terrace in 2002 to reflect the style of the buildings that would originally have stood here.’ ‘The timeless nature of these films is a Compliment to the film-makers' art, as well as a comment on the failings of society.’
43. When people wonder about how to get a girlfriend, what they really ought to be wondering is how to Compliment a girl
44. Or, more accurately, they ought to look at getting a girlfriend as a series of steps, and one of the first steps is learning how to Compliment a girl
45. Getting to know a girl can be difficult if you don't know how to give a Compliment.
46. Compliment translation in French - English Reverso dictionary, see also 'Compliments',Complimenter',Compliments',Complimenter', examples, definition, conjugation
Compliment, Compliments, Complimenter, Conjugation
47. The verb “to Compliment” is very similar, meaning “to pay a Compliment to”
48. For example: Are you trying to Compliment me, or trying to insult me? When he Complimented the girl on her dress, his friends laughed at him
49. The best way to give a Compliment
50. Everyone likes getting Compliments but giving them can feel like walking a tightrope, blindfolded
51. Knowing how to give a great Compliment …
52. A simple Compliment goes a really long way - for a guy to just come over and say, 'You have great hair' or 'I really like your dress,' and then just smile and walk away
53. Backhanded Compliment An insulting or negative comment disguised as praise
54. What a backhanded Compliment! See also: backhanded, Compliment Chinese Compliment A false or facetious display of obeisance, or an insult disguised as a Compliment
55. How many syllables in Compliment? 3 9 5 7 8 6 4 1 2 syllables
56. Divide Compliment into syllables: com-pli-ment Stressed syllable in Compliment: com-pli-ment How to say Compliment: How to pronounce Compliment
57. Wondering why Compliment is 3 9 …
58. Being compared to Abba is a great Compliment
59. Compliment on Compliments on her appearance 2 → take something as a Compliment 3 ADMIRE [singular] an action that shows you admire someone He paid MacLennan the finest Compliment of all by imitating him
60. Compliment to It’s a great Compliment to the band that he came out of retirement to
61. When Compliment is a noun, it means a statement of praise or admiration
62. Here are some examples: He gave his girlfriend a Compliment on her new haircut
63. The Compliment brought a blush to her face
64. One common use of the word Compliment is in the object of an implied prepositional phrase
65. A Compliment is a polite remark that you make to someone to show that you like their appearance, appreciate their qualities, or approve of what they have done
66. You can do no harm by paying a woman Compliments
67. If you Compliment someone, you give them a Compliment.
68. Compliment can function as both a noun and a verb
69. When used as a noun, a Compliment is a flattering or praising remark
70. Your friend gave me a nice Compliment yesterday
71. (Noun) The remarks you gave are a tremendous Compliment
72. (Noun) Just a month ago, Apple paid Microsoft a high Compliment by seeming to have copied the device with its new iPad Pro.
73. A backhanded Compliment is an insult disguised as a Compliment
74. For example, "Your holiday decorations look great -- I'm always amazed at what you do with so little money." Responding to a backhanded Compliment can be tricky.
75. Definition of Compliment on in the Idioms Dictionary
76. What does Compliment on expression mean? Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary.