See also: Competent Competence Competently Competency Competente Competencia Culturally Does A Comprehensive Compact Compelling Compassion Complex Comply Comprise Compromise Complacent Compulsory Complement Compliance Compassionate Complete Composition Complacency Compromiso Component Cloud Clipping Computer Cultural
1. Competent definition is - proper or rightly pertinent
2. How to use Competent in a sentence
3. Synonym Discussion of Competent.
4. Competent definition, having suitable or sufficient skill, knowledge, experience, etc., for some purpose; properly qualified:He is perfectly Competent to manage the bank branch
5. Competent synonyms, Competent pronunciation, Competent translation, English dictionary definition of Competent
6. Properly or sufficiently qualified; capable: a Competent typist
7. Adequate for the purpose: a Competent performance
8. 17 synonyms of Competent from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 46 related words, definitions, and antonyms
9. Find another word for Competent
10. Competent: having the required skills for an acceptable level of performance
11. Synonyms: able, capable, equal… Antonyms: inCompetent, inept, poor… Find the right word.
12. Competent definition, having suitable or sufficient skill, knowledge, experience, etc., for some purpose; properly qualified:He is perfectly Competent to manage the bank branch
13. Find 54 ways to say Competent, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
14. What does Competent mean? Well qualified; capable; fit
15. (adjective) A Competent doctor.
16. The Crossword Solver found 72 answers to the Competent crossword clue
Crossword, Competent, Clue
17. A person is mentally Competent as long as they can understand the rights, responsibilities, risks, or benefits involved in decisions, and the potential consequences of what they decide
Competent, Can, Consequences
18. Competent (adj.) late 14c., "suitable, answering all requirements, sufficient, adequate," from Old French Competent "sufficient, appropriate, suitable," and directly from Latin Competentem (nominative competens), present participle of competere "coincide, agree" (see compete).It preserves the classical Latin sense of the verb, whereas the meaning in compete is a post-classical evolution.
Competent, Competentem, Competens, Competere, Coincide, Compete, Classical
19. ‘Most importantly, he is also a very Competent member of a trawler's crew, capable of gutting the fish fast enough to keep the packers happy.’ ‘We will continue to develop well-educated, motivated, and Competent people skilled in the demands of the space medium.’ ‘She's Competent …
Competent, Crew, Capable, Continue
20. Looking for the abbreviation of Competent? Find out what is the most common shorthand of Competent on Abbreviations.com! The Web's largest and most authoritative acronyms and abbreviations resource.
Competent, Common, Com
21. Competent witness n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc
22. If you are Competent, you have the necessary ability or skills to do something
23. If you can carry a heavy tray of food and store a table's worth of orders in your head, you are probably a Competent waiter.
Can, Carry, Competent
24. Competent Authority means one governmental authority designated by a Party to be responsible, within such geographical areas as the Party may think fit, for receiving the notification of a transboundary movement of hazardous wastes or other wastes, and any information related to it, and for responding to such a notification, as provided in Article 6;
25. Competent means "able to do (something) well." Competent at his job = able to do his job well Competent at a goal/objective = able to do an goal/objective well Normally, goals are met or achieved, not done
26. A court is Competent if it has been given jurisdiction, by statute or constitution, to hear particular types of lawsuits.
Court, Competent, Constitution
27. Competent definition: Someone who is Competent is efficient and effective
28. See 7 authoritative translations of Competent in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
29. Nouns for Competent include comp, comper, compers, competence, competences, competencies, competency, Competentness, competition, competitions, competitiveness
Competent, Comp, Comper, Compers, Competence, Competences, Competencies, Competency, Competentness, Competition, Competitions, Competitiveness
30. Competent cells have altered cell walls that allow the DNA to easily pass through it
Competent, Cells, Cell
31. Some cells need to be exposed to some chemical or electrical treatments to make them Competent
Cells, Chemical, Competent
32. He is a Competent skier and an expert snowboarder
33. For any disagreements arising from this contract, the Competent court shall be the Springfield Circuit Court
Contract, Competent, Court, Circuit
34. Judicial authority having Competent jurisdiction ; Adequate for …
35. • Some were Competent and some were barely recognisable, but each had its unique charm
36. • Most of the essays were Competent but one was really outstanding
37. • New students are expected to be Competent in mathematics
38. • The roofers did a Competent job
39. • A Competent mechanic should be able to fix the problem quickly.
40. A Competent person needs to not only recognize hazards, but be in a position to mitigate them
41. It is possible to have an individual who is Competent in many tasks, or to have multiple Competent people for several different tasks.
42. We are extremely Competent at finance and banking in the UK - a world leader in it if not the world leader in it
43. He was a neophyte in a area that I have never seen people get Competent at in less than 5-6 years as a simple MP
44. Thus, a leader should be Competent at his job and be current with events in his immediate and remote environments.
45. MAX Efficiency DH5 Competent Cells are a well-known, versatile strain that can be used in many everyday cloning applications
Competent, Cells, Can, Cloning
46. Thermo Scientific DH5 Competent Cells are high efficiency, chemically Competent E
Competent, Cells, Chemically
47. This Competent Person training is a pass/fail program incorporating both written and practical examinations and is based on the requirements of the OSHA regulations, ANSI Z359.2 standard as w ell as local requirements that will be discussed and reinforced.
48. Competent persons, it is an employer’s obligation to determine the ability of such individuals and designate them accordingly by their knowledge of standards, experience at the task at hand and ability to take corrective action
49. Bacteria that can take up free, extracellular genetic material are known as Competent cells.
Can, Competent, Cells
50. A Competent Person is somebody that has both the knowledge to recognize a hazard and the authority to correct it
51. What is a Competent Person? OSHA defines a Competent Person as "one who is capable of identifying existing and predictable hazards in the surroundings or working conditions which are unsanitary, hazardous, or dangerous to employees, and who has the authorization to take prompt corrective measures to eliminate them" [29 CFR 1926.32(f)].
Competent, Capable, Conditions, Corrective, Cfr
52. Standards of Competent performance A registered nurse shall be considered to be Competent when he/she consistently demonstrates the ability to transfer scientific knowledge from social, biological and physical sciences in applying the nursing process,
Competent, Considered, Consistently
53. Synonyms for Competent in Free Thesaurus
54. 24 synonyms for Competent: able, skilled, capable, clever, endowed, proficient, fit, qualified
Competent, Capable, Clever
55. The term Competent is used in various contexts, including procedure, evidence, and employment.More generally, it refers to the ability to act in the circumstances, including the ability to perform a job or occupation, or to reason or make decisions.
Competent, Contexts, Circumstances
56. Competent to Counsel: Introduction to Nouthetic Counseling (Jay Adams Library) - Kindle edition by Adams, Jay E.
Competent, Counsel, Counseling
57. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading Competent to Counsel: Introduction to Nouthetic Counseling (Jay Adams Library).
Competent, Counsel, Counseling
58. Competent Electrical Services provides installation, service and repair of commercial and residential electrical systems
59. The Competent Person, Fall Protection for Construction online safety course is an advanced-level program designed to teach construction supervisors, managers, and owners how to designate a Competent person for fall protection training and to ensure the individual is properly qualified to fulfill fall safety on the job site.
Competent, Construction, Course
60. Competent - WordReference English-Greek Dictionary
61. Κύριες μεταφράσεις: Αγγλικά: Ελληνικά: Competent adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (finished job: adequate)
62. Competent Forging Limited is an ISO 9001-2008 certified company
Competent, Certified, Company
63. As the leading single source for top-quality forged parts, Competent Forging has been hard at work since 1993
64. When the Competent authority case involves multiple years beginning before January 1, 2018, e.g., an audit cycle involving consecutive tax years, the U.S
Competent, Case, Cycle, Consecutive
65. A Competent learner is a person who acts effectively in novel circumstances
66. The implementation of the Competent Learner Model develops a set of seven specific repertoires with which the learners must be equipped to be successful under a variety of school, home and community environments.
67. Mar 22, 2021 (AmericaNewsHour) -- The global Competent Cells Marketwas valued at USD 1.12 billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 2.60billion by 2025,