commemorate (verb) · commemorates (third person present) · commemorated (past tense) · commemorated (past participle) · commemorating (present participle)
1. Commemorate definition is - to call to remembrance
2. How to use Commemorate in a sentence
3. Did You Know? Synonym Discussion of Commemorate.
4. Once a year we Commemorate his death in action by visiting his widow.
5. Commemorate definition, to serve as a memorial or reminder of: The monument Commemorates the signing of the Declaration of Independence
6. While all these words mean "to notice or honor a day, occasion, or deed," Commemorate suggests that an occasion is marked by observances that remind one of the origin and significance of the event. Commemorate Memorial Day with the laying of wreaths When could celebrate be used to replace Commemorate?
7. To remember officially and give respect to a great person or event, especially by a public ceremony or by making a statue or special building: Gathered all together in this church, we Commemorate those who …
8. To Commemorate something means to remember something and by doing so to honor it, as in “We would like to Commemorate his many years of past service by presenting him with this lovely gold watch.” The word Commemorate has a pretty clear echo of memory in it, so it can help to keep it in your mind just by noticing that.
9. Find 19 ways to say Commemorate, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
10. 'Commemorate' is a 11 letter word starting with C and ending with E Crossword clues for 'Commemorate' Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Commemorate We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Commemorate will help you to …
11. Commemorative speeches do as their title suggests: Commemorate
12. Here is a quote from the year 1527: The Lord’s Supper shall be held, as often as the brothers are together, thereby proclaiming the death of the Lord, and thereby warning each one to Commemorate, how Christ gave His life for us, and shed His blood for us, that we might also be willing to give our body and life for Christ’s sake, which means for the sake of all the brothers.
13. The definition of Commemorate means to have a ceremony or build a monument to honor a person or an event
14. Day is an example of to Commemorate
15. Visiting the National September 11 Memorial is an example of to Commemorate.
16. To Commemorate this deed a temple was erected at Delhi to Apollo, and the priestess was called the Pythia
17. To Commemorate his safe landing he at once planted on the rock the pili grass he had brought with him
18. Conjugate Commemorate in every English verb tense including present, past, and future.
19. Once a year we Commemorate his death in action by visiting his widow.
20. As verbs the difference between Commemorate and celebrate is that Commemorate is to honour the memory of someone or something with a ceremony while …
21. Inflections of 'Commemorate' (v): (⇒ conjugate) Commemorates v 3rd person singular commemorating v pres p verb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing." Commemorated v past verb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed." Commemorated v past p verb, past participle: Verb form used
22. Verb To Commemorate an important event or person means to remember them by means of a special action, ceremony, or specially-created object
23. Commemorate something/somebody to remind people of an important event or person from the past with a special action or object; to exist to remind people of a person or an event from the past A series of movies will be shown to Commemorate the thirtieth anniversary …
24. Synonym for Commemorate @tjstkdn i don't think so i've never heard it negativelyCommemorate is a ceremony or gathering to respectfully remember an event or person
25. Definition of Commemorate to do something special as a means of tribute or recognition Examples of Commemorate in a sentence The general will Commemorate the soldier’s act of heroism by presenting him with a medal
26. See authoritative translations of Commemorate in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
27. Commemorate by Witch of the Vale, released 10 December 2020 1
28. What is the definition of Commemorate? What is the meaning of Commemorate? How do you use Commemorate in a sentence? What are synonyms for Commemorate?
29. Commemorate meaning, definition, what is Commemorate: to do something to show that you remembe: Learn more.
30. Definition of Commemorate in the Definitions.net dictionary
31. What does Commemorate mean? Information and translations of Commemorate in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
32. A national or international awareness day or observance is a date usually set by a major organisation or government to Commemorate a public health or ethical cause of importance on a national or international level.
33. Commemorative definition, serving to Commemorate: a commemorative monument; a commemorative dinner
34. Commemorate (v.) 1590s, "call to remembrance," from Latin commemoratus, past participle of commemorare "bring to remembrance," from com-, here probably an intensive prefix (see com-), + memorare "to remind," from memor "mindful of" (from PIE root *(s)mer-(1) "to remember")
35. 1 day ago · On March 29, our Nation will Commemorate National Vietnam War Veterans Day on its 50th anniversary
36. The definition of Commemorate means to have a ceremony or build a monument to honor a person or an event
37. Commemorate - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
38. Inflections of 'Commemorate' (v): (⇒ conjugate) Commemorates v 3rd person singular commemorating v pres p verb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing." Commemorated
39. Explore Commemorate Quotes by authors including Alan Moore, Howard Florey, and Phyllis Diller at BrainyQuote
40. 13 hours ago · Tufts Medical Center held a ceremony Monday to Commemorate the one-year anniversary of the first COVID-19 patient being checked into the …
41. Gathered all together in this church, we Commemorate those who lost their lives in the great war
42. Some galleries Commemorate donors by inscribing their names on the walls
43. The carpet was specially woven to Commemorate
44. Commemorate by Witch of the Vale, released 29 August 2020 1
45. Why Commemorate 50 Years of the National Cancer Act? There have been few events that have had as remarkable and long-lasting an impact on how cancer is studied, treated, and even contemplated as the National Cancer Act of 1971
46. Commemorate vs. Celebrate: When Using the Right Word Matters
47. Posted on August 2, 2013 by bydbee • Tagged byd, celebrate, celebration, Commemorate, commemoration • Leave a comment
48. To remind people of an important person or event from the past with a special action or object; to exist to remind people of a person or an event from the past A series of movies will be shown to Commemorate the 30th anniversary of his death
49. A plaque Commemorates the battle.
50. Synonyms for Commemorate in Free Thesaurus
51. 20 synonyms for Commemorate: celebrate, remember, honour, recognize, salute, pay tribute to
52. How to Commemorate 9/11 in Your Community On the 16th anniversary of September 11, the crew of the USS New York gathered on the ship's deck to Commemorate the day
53. 2 days ago · King and queen of Belgium Commemorate Brussels attacks
54. 10 hours ago · To Commemorate our VALORANT Masters Championship, we are releasing limited edition NFTs
55. Commemorate definition: mark by some ceremony or observation synonyms: celebrate, keep, mark, observe antonyms: lose, discontinue, refrain, attack, admit