See also: Commandment Commandments A 2nd Communism Commence Community Commodity Commensurate Communication Commission Commitment Commend Commerce Common Commemorate Command Commercial Committed Commiserate Committee Communicate Commotion E Interpersonal Effective Nonverbal
1. Commandment definition is - the act or power of commanding
2. How to use Commandment in a sentence.
3. (sometimes initial capital letter) any of the Ten Commandments
4. (Ecclesiastical Terms) a divine command, esp one of the Ten Commandments of the Old Testament 2
5. Noun Synonyms & Antonyms of Commandment a statement of what to do that must be obeyed by those concerned the boss left behind a list of Commandments for running the office while he was away
Commandment, Concerned, Commandments
6. God gave the 10 Commandments from Mount Sinai, accompanied by smoke, earthquakes and the blast of a trumpet to emphasize the importance of these laws
7. The Commandments are, first of all, prescriptions, or directions of God, concerning particular matters, which He wanted observed with reference to circumstances as they arose, in a period when He spake immediately and with greater frequency than afterward
Commandments, Concerning, Circumstances
8. The Ten Commandments - And God spoke all these words: “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery
9. 38 This is the first and greatest Commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[ b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two Commandments.”
10. The Greatest Commandment 28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating
11. Any of the ten important rules of behavior that the Bible says were given by God to Moses (Definition of Commandment from the Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary © Cambridge University Press)
Commandment, Cambridge, Content
12. In Talmudic Judaism, the “prologue” is the first Commandment, or utterance, and the prohibitions against false gods and idols are the second
13. Medieval Roman tradition regards these elements as one and splits the Commandment forbidding coveting another’s wife and another’s property into two.
14. The third column presents the Ten Commandments given by Augustine of Hippo (354-430 AD), who reasoned that "graven images" were an equivalent of "other gods" and considered Exodus 20:4 as part of the First Commandment; he then followed the order of Exodus 20:17 in the Greek Septuagint and Deuteronomy 5:21 for the Ninth and Tenth Commandments.
Column, Commandments, Considered, Commandment
15. By his Commandment he maketh the snow to fall apace, and sendeth forth swiftly the lightnings of his judgment
16. THE BIBLE, DOUAY-RHEIMS VERSION VARIOUS Moreover the woods, and every sweetsmelling tree have overshadowed Israel by the Commandment of God
17. The Tenth Commandment does not tell us that all of our desires are immoral
18. But the Commandment forbids setting up an image for religious use or worship
19. Definition of Commandment in the Definitions.net dictionary
20. What does Commandment mean? Information and translations of Commandment in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
21. The First Commandment and the great Commandment This First Commandment sets the tone for the first four Commandments, which can be summarized as, “You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength” (Deuteronomy 6:5).
Commandment, Commandments, Can
22. Question: "What is the true meaning of the second Commandment?" Answer: The Ten Commandments are recorded in the Bible in Exodus 20:1–17 and Deuteronomy 5:6–21
23. The second of those Commandments, in its entirety, is this: “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water …
24. (religion) A divinely ordained command, especially one of the Ten Commandments
25. Valpy French, The Old Commandment
26. "Thou shalt not commit adultery", one of the Ten Commandments, is found in the Book of Exodus (Exodus 20:14) of the Hebrew Bible and Old Testament.It is considered the sixth Commandment by Roman Catholic and Lutheran authorities, but the seventh by Jewish and most Protestant authorities
Commit, Commandments, Considered, Commandment, Catholic
27. The latest tweets from @tsm_Commandment
28. 12 hours ago · The First Commandment
29. "Teacher, which is the greatest Commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest Commandment
30. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two Commandments" (Matthew 22:36
31. The Roman Catholic Church combine the original 2nd Commandment with the 1st Commandment They change the numbers of the 3rd to 9th Commandment into 2nd to 8th
Catholic, Church, Combine, Commandment, Change
32. They divide the 10th Commandment into two
33. In some churches the Ten Commandments are read as part of the worship service.
34. The Ten Commandments; One of the 613 mitzvot of Judaism; The Great Commandment; The New Commandment; Commandment, a 2007 album by Six Feet Under; Commandments, a 1997 film starring Aidan Quinn; See also
35. First Commandment (disambiguation) Second Commandment (disambiguation)
36. Fornication, homosexuality, and other sexual sins are violations of the seventh Commandment
37. Countable noun The Ten Commandments are the ten rules of behaviour which, according to the Old Testament of the Bible, people should obey
38. The eighth Commandment is 'Thou shalt not steal'
39. There is a strong tradition in Christianity of reading this Commandment (as well as the prohibition against graven images, whether that is treated as the Second Commandment or included with the first as is the case among Catholics and Lutherans) in a metaphorical way.
Christianity, Commandment, Case, Catholics
40. Nu (entole kaine): The word "Commandment" is used in the English versions of the Old Testament to translate several Hebrew words, more especially those meaning "word" (dabhar) as the ten words of God (Exodus 34:28) or king's "command" (Esther 1:12); "precept" (mitswah) of God (Deuteronomy 4:2), of a king (2 Kings 18:36); "mouth" or "speech" (peh) of God (Exodus 17:1), …
41. NAS: with the law and the Commandment which KJV: and a law, and Commandments which I have written; INT: the stone the law and the Commandment which have written
42. It is now an ironclad Commandment of conservative orthodoxy that 'the government' is something parasitic and alien
43. Righteous marriage is a Commandment and an essential step in the process of creating a loving family …
44. The ninth Commandment forbids all thoughts and desires contrary to chastity
Commandment, Contrary, Chastity
45. What is the tenth Commandment of God? The tenth Commandment of God is: Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods
46. What does the tenth Commandment forbid?
47. The Ten Commandments in the Bible
48. The First Commandment [+] more examples [-] hide examples [+] Example sentences [-] Hide examples
49. What made you want to look up Commandment? Include any comments and questions you have about this word.
50. Commandment is an Open Source Apple MDM with support for managing iOS and macOS devices
51. In The Missing Commandment: Love Yourself, they place emotional and spiritual health on a solid foundation of love--for God, for others, and for self.--Gary W
52. Commandment - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
53. Commandment (n.) late 13c., "an order from an authority," originally "any one of the ten injunctions engraved upon stone tablets and given to Moses on Mt
54. This Commandment is somewhat unusual among those supposedly given out by to the Hebrews: whereas other Commandments probably had shorter versions that were later added to, this one has a slightly longer format that tends to be shortened by the majority of Christians today.
Commandment, Commandments, Christians
55. Find 5 ways to say Commandment, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.