clue (noun) · clues (plural noun)
1. The word Clue was originally a variant spelling of clew, meaning “ball of thread or yarn.” Our modern sense of Clue, “guide to the solution of a mystery,” grows out of a motif in myth and folklore, the ball of thread that helps in finding one’s way out of a maze
2. Verb (used with object), Clued, clu·ing.
3. Clue is such an invaluable app! As someone with PCOS and other health conditions that contribute to painful and irregular cycles, Clue has helped me to see patterns in my cycle.
4. Clue is the classic murder mystery board game played by millions - Now you can effortlessly enjoy the beloved Hasbro family board game on the go
5. Clue Game One murder… 6 suspects
6. In this suspenseful Clue game, players have to find out who's responsible for murdering Mr
7. Clue, also known as ClueDO, is the classic mystery game
8. Clue is a 1992 video game adaptation of the classic dice and card board game of the same name
9. For versions of Clue that feature the new character Dr
10. Orchid, please use this Clue page.
11. The classic detective game! In Clue, players move from room to room in a mansion to solve the mystery of: who done it, with what, and where?Players are dealt character, weapon, and location cards after the top card from each card type is secretly placed in the confidential file in the middle of the board.
12. Clue noun indication, lead, sign, evidence, tip, suggestion, trace, hint, suspicion, pointer, tip-off, inkling, intimation Scientists have discovered a Clue to the puzzle of why our cells get old and die
13. A vital Clue to the killer's identity
14. Clue is the classic mystery game! Now you can play the beloved Hasbro family board game on the go
15. A sign or some information that helps you to find the answer to a problem, question, or mystery: Police are still looking for Clues in their search for the missing girl
16. Clue predicts your period, PMS, and fertility
17. Clue brings together clergy and lay leaders of all faiths with workers, immigrants and low-income families in the cause of a just economy that works for all and protects those most vulnerable
18. A robust ensemble of game actors elevate Clue above its schematic source material, but this farce's reliance on novelty over organic wit makes its entertainment value a roll of the dice.
19. Clue (Cluedo outside the U.S.) is a popular murder-mystery board game
20. You move around the game board (a mansion), as of one of the game's six suspects, collecting Clues from which to deduce which suspect murdered the game's perpetual victim: Mr
21. Clue (1985) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more.
22. Clue is a claims-information report generated by LexisNexis®, a consumer-reporting agency
23. Clue is much more than just a period tracker – it’s an easy-to-use solution that helps you make sense of your periods, fertility, pregnancy, and menstrual health
24. Clue sure is the top classic mystery game on Earth, and this is why has millions and millions of fans worldwide
25. Are you ready to make brilliant deductions and solve any crime before your opponents do? Then you better hurry! Play Clue …
26. A Clue report -- Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange -- is a compilation of claims on auto insurance and home insurance over seven years
27. The Fair And Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA) entitles you one free copy of a Clue report per year.
28. Clue is more than a period tracker – it’s an accurate menstrual calendar, ovulation app, and pregnancy tracker that helps you take control of your reproductive health
29. Winning Moves Games Clue Master Detective - Board Game, Multi-Colored
30. Be Clued in To be familiar with or aware of the particulars of a situation, especially through inference, previous knowledge, or by being privy to inside information
31. Usually followed by "on," "to," or "about." By the end of the week, everyone was Clued in on the reason for the professor's sudden absence from class
32. You need to be Clued in to the way
33. “Clue” was originally released as a board game in 1949
34. Clue in definition is - to give information to (someone) —often + on —often used as Clued in
35. How to use Clue in in a sentence.
36. Looking for online definition of Clue or what Clue stands for? Clue is listed in the World's largest and most authoritative dictionary database of abbreviations and acronyms The Free Dictionary
37. Clue (n.) "anything that guides or directs in an intricate case," 1590s, a special use of a revised spelling of clew "a ball of thread or yarn" (q.v.)
38. Clued, Clue·ing or clu·ing, Clues To give (someone) guiding information: Clue me in on what's happening around the office
39. [Variant of clew (from Theseus's use of a ball of thread as a guide through the Cretan labyrinth).] Clue 2 (klo͞o
40. What does Clue mean? To indicate by or as by a Clue
41. A Clue is a piece of evidence that helps solve a problem, or it's a slight hint
42. When you’re in the dark about the surprise party your friends are planning, they'll say, “She doesn’t have a Clue!”
43. "Clue" is a comedy whodunit that is being distributed with three different endings, which is sort of silly, since it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference who did it
44. ‘The only Clue to the crime was an ordinary-looking piece of plastic - but within four hours John had his man.’ ‘A mobile phone found under a Blackpool pier could hold a Clue …
45. Clue Clue trademark the US name for the game Cluedo Origin Clue 1 (1500-1600) clew “ ball of string ” ((11-19 centuries)), from Old English cliewen; from the use of a ball of string for finding the way out of a network of passages
46. Give someone guiding information, as in It's time someone Clued us in on what's happening, or I hope they Clue us up soon
47. This expression, which uses the verb Clue in the sense of "inform," is sometimes put simply as Clue (as in I'll Clue you-this isn't going to work)
48. [Colloquial; mid-1900s] Also see not have a Clue.
49. Clue is back with a modern twist, and you have to find out who is responsible for murdering the host at a millionaire's mansion or a boardwalk
50. What Is Clue? Chemistry, Life the Universe and Everything (Clue) is a transformed general chemistry curriculum, developed by an interdisciplinary team of a chemist and a molecular biologist, that aims to bring about evidence based change in general chemistry.
51. Available to all Seattle campus undergraduates, the Center for Learning and Undergraduate Enrichment (Clue) is the largest free tutoring program at the UW
52. The Crossword Solver found 200 answers to the answer crossword Clue
53. Click the answer to find similar crossword Clues.
54. Parents need to know that Clue is the 1985 movie based on characters and objects in the Parker Brothers board game
55. Critics Consensus: A robust ensemble of game actors elevate Clue above its schematic source material, but this farce's reliance on novelty over organic wit makes its entertainment value a roll of the dice.
56. Clue Marketing and Advertising South Perth, Western Australia 294 followers Clue is a digital commerce agency that uses data and insight to create meaningful brand experiences and drive growth.
Crossword clues for 'MEAN'
|Miserly; average (4)||MEAN|
|Average; unkind (4)|
|Intend; stingy (4)|
|Signify; miserly (4)|
"get a clue" has a very similar meaning to "you don't have a clue" or "you haven't the faintest (idea)", meaning "you don't know anything about it" or "you don't know what you're talking about". "get a clue" is more direct and confronting than the other phrases, generally only used in an argument.
Definition of clue. (Entry 1 of 2) 1 : something that guides through an intricate procedure or maze of difficulties specifically : a piece of evidence that leads one toward the solution of a problem.
Clue words are the words that the lecturer uses to indicate the angle to take when you answer the question. Clue words tell you exactly what to do in an essay, so they are extremely important in essay exams.