CLACHAN [ˈklaKHən, ˈklakən]
clachan (noun) · clachans (plural noun)
See also: Clachan
1. Clachan synonyms, Clachan pronunciation, Clachan translation, English dictionary definition of Clachan. n
2. [Partly from Irish clachán and partly from Scottish Gaelic Clachan, both ultimately from Old Irish clochán, clachán, causeway, paved road, from cloch, clach, stone; akin to Welsh clwg, steep rock, cliff .]
3. …relics of tiny hamlets, or Clachans, show that peasant crofts once were huddled together and worked by kinship groups in an open-field system
4. Clachan Properties focuses on the acquisition, renovation and management of historic residential and commercial properties in Virginia and North Carolina
5. Clachan is a small village in North Kintyre, Argyll & Bute, Scotland
6. Clachan is the site of an old church, which was the principal church for the North Kintyre area
7. A community space to share events relating to Clachan village, area and beyond.
8. Clachan Healing is a healing center that specializes in Reiki, Homeopathy and Past Life Regression in Kalispell, Montana
9. An Clachan is a university-owned and managed complex providing housing for students and their families in a safe neighbourhood close to shopping, libraries and fitness facilities
10. An Clachan is classified as a student residence
11. Definition of Clachan in the Definitions.net dictionary
12. What does Clachan mean? Information and translations of Clachan in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions …
13. Clachan Tourism: Tripadvisor has 1,676 reviews of Clachan Hotels, Attractions, and Restaurants making it your best Clachan resource.
14. Clachan (klockan) Duich (duhie) is the ancient church and burial ground of the MacRaes of Kintail
15. Located near the banks of Loch Duich, and a few miles south of Eilean Donan Castle, Clachan Duich has been in existence for at least 1,000 years and probably was in use three centuries earlier.
16. About Clachan Properties. Clachan Properties focuses on the acquisition, renovation and management of historic residential and commercial properties in Virginia and North Carolina
17. Founded in 2003, Clachan has extensive experience renovating historic structures having completed approximately $150 million in historic renovation.
18. Clachan, the ancient seat of the Church in North Kintyre, houses the old church, surrounded by the carved stones of the Chiefs of the Clan Alasdair
19. This quaint humpbacked bridge spans a narrow channel waterway called the Clachan Sound
20. The land around the Clachan was held under a system of land tenure often referred to as the Rundale System – whereby farmers within the Clachan had scattered plots of …
21. About Clachan Properties. Clachan Properties specializes in the adaptive reuse of historic buildings
22. What does Clachan mean? A small village; a hamlet
23. The Clachan We went to have some drinks and dinner
24. A second house at the Baker's Flat Clachan.(Supplied)Ms Arthure said it was the only Clachan definitively found outside Ireland, however there were "hints that there is maybe one" in the United
25. An extensive geophysical study of the Baker's Flat Irish settlement site near Kapunda has found the first—and possibly largest—Clachan in Australia, says Flinders archaeologist Susan Arthure
26. An Clachan is a lovely wee independent cafe nestled in the trees of Kelvin Park
27. The most obvious relic of that heritage is the church at Clachan, set in a large graveyard which houses a 15th-century chapel and a striking 8th-century carved stone.
28. The most Clachan families were found in and Scotland in 1841and Scotland in 1851and Scotland in 1861and Scotland in 1871and Scotland in 1881and Scotland in 1891and Scotland in 1901
29. In 1880 there were 9 Clachan families living in Wisconsin
30. This was 100% of all the recorded Clachan's in the USA.
31. Clachan Shannda Burial Ground is located northwest of the "new" Clachan Sands Cemetery
32. ‘Head up the north-east side of the river bank and past the remains of an old village or Clachan - another sad reminder of a previous way of life.’ ‘The Glencoe Visitor Centre, run by the National Trust for Scotland, is designed as a traditional ‘Clachan,’ or Highland village.’
33. The Clachan Sands Camping area is located beyond both of these cemeteries
34. Clachan Sands (New) Cemetery is adjacent to the older Clachan Shannda Burial Grounds
35. In order to reach Clachan Sands from Lochmaddy, head north on Rt
36. Clachan definition: a small village ; hamlet Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
37. Check 'Clachan' translations into English
38. Look through examples of Clachan translation in sentences, listen to pronunciation and learn grammar.
39. Clachan Director of Operations Lindsay Lewis said they’re not able to share what their plans are for the building, adding that the deal included a lease-back to the metal firm for what could total 10 months
40. An extensive geophysical study of the Baker’s Flat Irish settlement site near Kapunda has found the first – and possibly largest – Clachan in Australia, says Flinders archaeologist Susan Arthure whose PhD investigations of Irish history and archaeology in SA led her to the site in what appears to be a featureless paddock near the former
41. The Clachan is a real local favourite and during the summer masses of office workers spill out the doors and into the street après work
42. Clachan (plural Clachans) A small village or hamlet, especially in the Highlands or Western Scotland
43. 1824, James Hogg, The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Justified Sinner: ‘Now, Penpunt, you may tell me all that passed between you and the wives of the Clachan.’
44. Clachan music was established by Gaelic singing sensation Stuart Jackson in 2019 to correspond with the launch of his debut album m’àrach
45. Stream Tracks and Playlists from Clachan Music on your desktop or mobile device.
46. Fun Facts about the name Clachan
47. How unique is the name Clachan? Out of 6,122,890 records in the U.S
48. Social Security Administration public data, the first name Clachan was not present
49. Clachan Village Hall SCIO Board is very pleased to announce that our application was successful
50. How to say Clachan in English? Pronunciation of Clachan with 1 audio pronunciation, 3 translations and more for Clachan.
51. INVERAE COTTAGE Clachan BY TARBERT This charming end terraced COTTAGE is idyllically located in the heart of this picturesque village only 11 miles south of Tarbert and 27 miles north of Campbeltown just off the A83 public road which bypasses the village itself.
52. A Clachan is a type of small nucleated settlement common in Ireland until the middle of the 20th century
53. There is a public car park in the small main square in Clachan of Campsie
54. There are regular buses to Clachan of Campsie from Glasgow.
55. Clachan Properties specializes in the adaptive reuse of historic buildings
56. Clachan is located in Torridon and offers a garden
A clachan ( Irish: clochán, pronounced [ˈkl̪ˠoxaːnˠ], or clachan, pronounced [ˈkl̪ˠaxənˠ]; Scottish Gaelic: clachan, [ˈkʰl̪ˠaxan]; Manx: claghan, pronounced [ˈkʰlaxan]) is a small settlement or hamlet in Ireland, the Isle of Man and Scotland. Though many were originally kirktowns, today they are often thought...
a monastic stone-cell ( clochán ). This should not be confused with the Scottish Gaelic plural of clach which is clachan "stones", a homograph but not a homophone as it is pronounced /kʰl̪ˠaxən/. In the meaning of "causeway", the most prominent example in Irish is the Giant's Causeway, known in Irish as Clochán an Aifir or Clochán na bhFomhórach .
A clachan ( Irish: clochán, pronounced [ˈkl̪ˠoxaːnˠ], or clachan, pronounced [ˈkl̪ˠaxənˠ]; Scottish Gaelic: clachan, [ˈkʰl̪ˠaxan]; Manx: claghan, pronounced [ˈkʰlaxan]) is a small settlement or hamlet in Ireland, the Isle of Man and Scotland.
At the bend of the loch nearest the clachan he came upon an old woman carrying peat. The fall of the wind still sighed in the bent rowan trees to the west of the clachan, where the pathway diverged from the shore. These men were, he said, friends of the Chief and had come up on his assurance to meet him at the Clachan of Aberfoil.