1. Churlish definition is - of, resembling, or characteristic of a churl : vulgar
2. How to use Churlish in a sentence
3. The History of Churlish Goes Back to Anglo-Saxon England Synonym Discussion of Churlish.
4. Churlish definition, like a churl; boorish; rude: Churlish behavior
5. Churlish adjective rude, harsh, vulgar, sullen, surly, morose, brusque, ill-tempered, boorish, uncouth, impolite, loutish, oafish, uncivil, unmannerly It seemed Churlish to refuse an offer meant so kindly
6. Churlish Given the huge importance of this collection it might seem Churlish to introduce a note of caution
7. From the Cambridge English Corpus In the face of all this documentation and the stimulating ideas drawn from it, it is a bit Churlish …
8. Some common synonyms of Churlish are boorish, clownish, and loutish
9. While all these words mean "uncouth in manners or appearance," Churlish suggests surliness, unresponsiveness, and …
10. A Churlish person is one whose middle name might as well be Rude
11. Churlish has its origins in late Old English, but its modern-day meaning of “deliberately rude” developed in the 14th century.
12. EXAMPLE SENTENCES FROM THE WEB With a Churlish gesture the old man pushed the bread over toward her and with hesitating, trembling fingers she reached for it
13. The lover has no share in this Churlish …
14. Now the name of the man was Nabal; and the name of his wife Abigail: and she was a woman of good understanding, and of a beautiful countenance: but the man was Churlish and evil in his doings; and he was of the house of Caleb.
15. 'Churlish' is a 8 letter word starting with C and ending with H Crossword clues for 'Churlish' Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Churlish We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Churlish will help you to finish your crossword today.
16. The Crossword Solver found 82 answers to the Churlish crossword clue
17. The definition of Churlish is a rude, selfish or mean person
18. A husband telling his wife she looks fat is an example of Churlish
19. Churlish (comparative more Churlish, superlative most Churlish) Of or pertaining to a serf, peasant, or rustic
20. 1996, Jeet Heer, Gravitas, Autumn 1996  the eloquence and truth of his tribute stands in marked contrast to Kramer's Churlish caricature of Kael as a happy pig wallowing in the dirt
21. ‘Churlish’ has been favorited 44 times, has 3 comments, and has a Scrabble score of 16.
22. Churlish Meaning: "of or pertaining to churls," from churl + -ish
23. Meaning "deliberately rude, surly and sullen" is late… See definitions of Churlish.
24. It would be Churlish to refuse, so he downs one, then another, then another
25. Being pampered, of course, is one of the main reasons why people book into luxury hotels, and it would be Churlish to resent it
26. Fans of studio politics everywhere understand that while Harvey's a boor, Bob is merely Churlish, and boors hardly ever stand down for churls.
27. 1 Samuel 25:3 View whole chapter See verse in context Now the name of the man was Nabal; and the name of his wife Abigail: and she was a woman of good understanding, and of a beautiful countenance: but the man was Churlish and evil in his doings; and he was of the house of Caleb.
28. She would think him Churlish if he refused
29. Examples of Churlish in a sentence
30. X is a beautiful and talented actress, she has a reputation for being Churlish and difficult to get along with
31. 🔊 Linda decided never to call that babysitter again because the nanny-cam showed that she acted Churlish …
32. Churlish - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
33. Definition of Churlish (adjective): impolite and unfriendly
34. Definition and synonyms of Churlish from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
35. This is the British English definition of Churlish.View American English definition of Churlish.
36. We found 8 answers for “Churlish”
37. This page shows answers to the clue Churlish, followed by 3 definitions like “Like a churl; rude”, “Having a bad disposition” and “Like a churl; boorish”.A synonym for Churlish is despicable.
38. Someone who is Churlish is unfriendly, bad-tempered, or impolite.
39. The Churlish family name was found in the UK in 1891
40. In 1891 there were 7 Churlish families living in Durham
41. This was about 58% of all the recorded Churlish's in the UK
42. Durham had the highest population of Churlish families in 1891.
43. Synonyms for Churlish in Free Thesaurus
44. 35 synonyms for Churlish: rude, harsh, vulgar, sullen, surly, morose, brusque, ill-tempered, boorish
45. See 2 authoritative translations of Churlish in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
46. Definition of Churlish in the Definitions.net dictionary
47. What does Churlish mean? Information and translations of Churlish in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
48. Having a bad disposition; surly: "as valiant as the lion, Churlish as the bear" (Shakespeare)
49. Synonyms for Churlish include boorish, loutish, crabbed, harsh, impolite, rude, uncivil, unmannerly, bad-tempered and brusque
50. How to say Churlish in English? Pronunciation of Churlish with 1 audio pronunciation, 7 synonyms, 1 meaning, 8 translations, 1 sentence and more for Churlish.
51. (a.) Wanting pliancy; unmanageable; unyielding; not easily wrought; as, a Churlish soil; the Churlish and intractable nature of some minerals
52. Churl (6 Occurrences) In 1 Samuel 25:3, the word Churlish denotes a man that is coarse and ill-natured, or, as the word literally means, "hard."
53. Definition of Churlish adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
54. My father, however, is a proud man, a gallant knight and tried soldier of the oldest blood, to whom this man's Churlish birth and low descent—Oh, lackaday! (The White Company, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
55. Churlish- if u chk the word,,and see,u will find hurl in the middle..hurl is somthing negative,, bad..etc.
56. From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Churlish churl‧ish / ˈtʃɜːlɪʃ $ ˈtʃɜːr-/ adjective BAD AT formal not polite or friendly It seemed Churlish to refuse his invitation
57. Examples from the Corpus Churlish • Recollecting his Churlish behaviour, Isabel wondered how she could be attracted to such a man even for a moment.
58. Definition of Churlish adjective in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary
59. Break 'Churlish' down into sounds: [CHUR] + [LISH] - say it out loud and exaggerate the sounds until you can consistently produce them
60. Record yourself saying 'Churlish' in full sentences, then watch yourself and listen
61. Look up tutorials on Youtube on how to pronounce 'Churlish'.
62. Churlish 'Churlish' is a 8 letter word starting with C and ending with H Crossword clues for 'Churlish' Clue Answer; Rude or surly (8) If you have a moment, please use the voting buttons (green and red arrows) near the top of the page to let us know if we're helping with this clue
63. Browse 15 Churlish Green on Houzz Whether you want inspiration for planning Churlish green or are building designer Churlish green from scratch, Houzz has 15 pictures from the best designers, decorators, and architects in the country, including Artisan Kitchen and Bath and NW Construction
64. Look through Churlish green pictures in different colors and styles and when you find some Churlish green
65. Nov 26, 2018 - Explore Nancy Robertson's board "Churlish green farrow & ball" on Pinterest
Definition of churlish. 1 : of, resembling, or characteristic of a churl : vulgar. 2 : marked by a lack of civility or graciousness : surly he didn't like the churlish tone in his voice— Margaret Truman outrage is among your more churlish emotions— Robert Goldsborough It would be churlish not to congratulate her.
Definition of churlish 1 : of, resembling, or characteristic of a churl : vulgar 2 : marked by a lack of civility or graciousness : surly he didn't like the churlish tone in his voice— Margaret Truman outrage is among your more churlish emotions— Robert Goldsborough It would be churlish not to congratulate her.
Another word for churlish word list. Below are a number of words whose meaning is similar to churlish. brusque. brutal. cynical. harsh. impolite. rough.