chauvinist (noun) · chauvinists (plural noun)
1. Noun a person who is aggressively and blindly patriotic, especially one devoted to military glory. a person who believes one gender is superior to the other, as a male Chauvinist or a female Chauvinist.
2. Someone who has an unreasonable belief that their own country or race is the best or most important: The English tend to be Chauvinists, they expect you to sing in their language
3. A Chauvinist is someone who blindly and enthusiastically believes in the superiority of his cause or people. If you grew up in New York and refuse to eat at any pizzeria beyond a five-mile radius of the Empire State Building, you could be described as a New York pizza Chauvinist.
4. Chauvinist 1. A British chav - a white urban Brit who enjoys picking fights with strangers and acting tough. Chav is a shortened version of the term and is used much more often.
5. Chauvinistic: 1 adj fanatically patriotic Synonyms: flag-waving , jingoistic , nationalistic , superpatriotic , ultranationalistic loyal , patriotic inspired by love for your country adj of or relating to persons convinced of the superiority of their own gender or kind
6. Synonyms & Antonyms of Chauvinist (Entry 1 of 2) having or showing excessive favoritism towards one's own country wrote a history of World War II that was widely criticized for its Chauvinist slant
7. The army, petted and spoiled, was full of dislike for civilians, and of Chauvinist contempt for foreigners
8. The Chauvinist is a man who can only express his patriotic feelings in terms of hatred to other countries
9. Chauvinist (plural Chauvinists) (derogatory) A Chauvinistic person.
10. Definition: A male Chauvinist pig (MCP) was a term used in the late 1960s and early 1970s among some feminists for some men, usually men with some power (such as an employer or professor), who believed that men were superior and expressed that opinion freely in word and action.
11. See also male Chauvinist ‘she now reports to …
12. Definition of Chauvinist in the Definitions.net dictionary
13. What does Chauvinist mean? Information and translations of Chauvinist in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
14. (male) Chauvinist pig A man who treats women as a whole as being lesser in intelligence, talent, or competence in comparison to men; a man who puts more value on a woman's looks or abilities as a homemaker than as an equal member of society
15. I know it makes me sound like a male Chauvinist pig, but there are some activities in the world that men are
16. However, the post-Communist Chauvinist Slovak Government is now putting up new walls between people, linguistic barriers.: Toutefois, le gouvernement postcommuniste chauvin de Slovaquie est en train d'ériger de nouveaux murs entre les gens, à savoir les barrières linguistiques.: In my opinion, such a Communist is a Great-Russian Chauvinist.: A mon avis, un tel communiste est un chauvin
17. The male Chauvinist attitude of some people in the company could get you down
18. He's a bit of a male Chauvinist
19. I'm afraid Bill's a bit of a male Chauvinist
20. Chauvinist n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc
21. (sexist man) maschilista nm sostantivo maschile: Identifica un essere, un oggetto o un concetto che assume genere maschile: medico, gatto, strumento, assegno, dolore : Anita's boss is a Chauvinist who treats his male and female employees completely differently.
22. [more Chauvinist; most Chauvinist] disapproving : believing that your country, sex, etc., is better than any other : showing or filled with chauvinism She called him a Chauvinist pig.
23. You might be a female Chauvinist! If you think men are "emotional bimbos" incapable of growing, listening or sharing feelings, then you might just be a female Chauvinist! Learn the tell-tale signs
24. ‘Break the Chauvinist pact:’ critics rally against candidate accused of rape As pressure against Guerrero candidate increases, AMLO digs in Published on Thursday, February 18, 2021
25. See 6 authoritative translations of Chauvinist in Spanish with example sentences, phrases and audio pronunciations.
26. Definition of Chauvinist noun in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
27. Chauvinistic definition: If you describe someone as Chauvinistic , you believe that they think their own country Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
28. We found 5 answers for “Chauvinist”
29. This page shows answers to the clue Chauvinist.Chauvinist may be defined as “A blindly devoted patriotÂ “An extreme bellicose nationalist“Jingoist an extreme bellicose nationalist”.
30. Synonyms for Chauvinist in Free Thesaurus
31. 5 synonyms for Chauvinist: flag-waver, hundred-percenter, jingo, jingoist, patrioteer
32. What are synonyms for Chauvinist?
33. Shop high-quality unique Chauvinist T-Shirts designed and sold by artists
34. A big list of Chauvinist jokes! 11 of them, in fact! Sourced from Reddit, Twitter, and beyond!
35. A person who practices this belief is a male Chauvinist
36. Male Chauvinists typically denigrate, disparage, and humiliate women in the workplace
37. Male Chauvinists commonly joke that a woman’s role is to clean and cook
38. Restaurants near Le Chauvinist: (0.01 mi) The Cottage La Jolla (0.02 mi) Nekter Juice Bar (0.03 mi) Piazza 1909 (0.03 mi) Public House La Jolla (0.04 mi) Sugar and Scribe Bakery Fine Food; View all restaurants near Le Chauvinist on Tripadvisor $
39. A male Chauvinist pig (= an insulting name for a male Chauvinist) 2 PREJUDICED someone who believes that their own country or race is better or more important than any other — Chauvinist adjective Examples from the Corpus Chauvinist • Anyone who says that is a Chauvinist.
40. What is a Western Chauvinist? By the Proud Boys
41. A Western Chauvinist is a proponent of Western Civilization, someone who supports a secular government whose legal code is informed by Judeo-Christian ethics and whose origins lie in the Greco-Roman tradition of the Republic.
42. Definition of male Chauvinist pig in the Idioms Dictionary
43. What does male Chauvinist pig expression mean? Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary.
44. Chauvinist is an English language word that is well described on this page with all the important details i.e Chauvinist meaning, Chauvinist word synonyms, and its similar words
45. Chauvinist meaning in Urdu is شاونی and Chauvinist word meaning in roman can write as shawoni.
46. A devotee of the sexual revolution, he remained in many ways an unreconstructed, 1950s male Chauvinist pig.: These feelings may also be heightened by a potential increase in male Chauvinist behaviour.: And even if it does seem sexist and Chauvinist to some people, then who really cares?: The club secretary remained calm in the face of this assault on male Chauvinist piggery.
47. Chauvinist Pigs Game Manufacturer: Tiger Battle of the sexes Product information Product Dimensions 11.1 x 10.6 x 3.7 inches Item Weight 2.15 pounds ASIN B000I67J1E Manufacturer recommended age 18 years and up Customer Reviews: 4.0 out of 5 stars 3 ratings
48. Anita's boss is a Chauvinist who treats his male and female employees completely differently
49. Chauvinist n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, …