See also: Chagrined
1. To cause to feel chagrin; mortify or discomfit: He was Chagrined at the poor sales of his book
2. To vex by disappointment or humiliation: The rejection of his proposal Chagrined …
3. /ˈʃæɡ.rɪnd/ feeling disappointed or angry, especially by a failure or mistake: He was staring at the ruined bike with a horribly Chagrined expression
4. She feels a little Chagrined at being filmed without her …
5. To vex by disappointment or humiliation: The rejection of his proposal Chagrined …
6. Marlborough was much Chagrined at being interrupted in his meditated decisive operations by the States-General, on this occasion
7. Simple past tense and past participle of chagrin··Feeling chagrin (at something); vexed; fretful.[First attested in the early 18th century, replacing the adjective chagrin.] She was Chagrined to note that the paint had dried into a blotchy mess
8. Definition of Chagrined in the Definitions.net dictionary
9. What does Chagrined mean? Information and translations of Chagrined in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
10. Answers for Chagrined (6) crossword clue
11. Find clues for Chagrined (6) or most any crossword answer or clues for crossword answers.
12. Synonyms for Chagrined include confused, flustered, perturbed, disconcerted, dismayed, distressed, disturbed, agitated, bothered and confounded
13. Chagrined: 1 adj feeling or caused to feel uneasy and self-conscious “ Chagrined at the poor sales of his book” Synonyms: abashed , embarrassed discomposed having your composure disturbed
14. Definition of 'Chagrined' (ʃægrɪnd, US ʃəgrɪnd) adjective [usually verb-link ADJECTIVE] If you are Chagrined by something, it disappoints, upsets, or annoys you, perhaps because of your own failure.
15. Feeling or caused to feel ill at ease or self-conscious or ashamed Familiarity information: Chagrined used as an adjective is very rare.
16. What does Chagrined mean? Simple past tense and past participle of chagrin
17. Synonyms for Chagrined adj feeling or caused to feel uneasy and self-conscious Want to thank TFD for its existence? Tell a friend about us, add a link to this page, or …
18. Definition of Chagrined adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
19. Chagrined 'Chagrined' is a 9 letter word starting with C and ending with D Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Chagrined We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Chagrined will help you to finish your crossword today
20. Translation for 'Chagrined' in the free English-Romanian dictionary and many other Romanian translations.
21. See 4 authoritative translations of Chagrined in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
22. Van Buren and his lieutenants, including Calhoun, were Chagrined and humiliated.: Thebold had been Chagrined at learning that Don Cort was not the yokel he had taken him for.: Much Chagrined, and burning with indignation, fullam briefly cried out to his men to advance quickly.: And presently, Chagrined with failure, the culprit was before his grandsire
23. How to say Chagrined in English? Pronunciation of Chagrined with 1 audio pronunciation, 2 synonyms, 9 translations, 3 sentences and more for Chagrined.
24. Be Chagrined From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English be Chagrined be Chagrined formal ANNOY to feel annoyed and disappointed Dale was Chagrined that she wasn’t impressed
25. → chagrin Examples from the Corpus be Chagrined • We are Chagrined , we are contrite and we are genuinely grateful to you for correcting us.
26. Chagrined - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
27. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Chagrined adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house.": literary (annoyed, upset): disgustado/a adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa [b]grande[/b]", "mujer [b]alta
28. ‘I was rather Chagrined to discover there were inquiries for puppies going right back to October last year that I hadn't answered.’ Synonyms annoyed , irritated, cross, angry, vexed, exasperated, irked, piqued, displeased, put out, fed up, disgruntled, in a bad mood, in a temper, testy, in high dudgeon, huffy, in a huff, resentful, aggrieved
29. If you haven't solved the crossword clue Chagrined yet try to search our Crossword Dictionary by entering the letters you already know! (Enter a dot for each missing letters, e.g
30. “P.ZZ..” will find “PUZZLE”.) Also look at the related clues for crossword clues with similar answers to “Chagrined” Contribute to Crossword Clues
31. Translation for 'Chagrined' in the free English-Polish dictionary and many other Polish translations.
32. ‘I was rather Chagrined to discover there were inquiries for puppies going right back to October last year that I hadn't answered.’ Synonyms annoyed , irritated, cross, angry, vexed, exasperated, irked, piqued, displeased, put out, fed up, disgruntled, in a bad mood, in a temper, testy, in high dudgeon, huffy, in a huff, resentful, aggrieved
33. Dale was Chagrined that she wasn't impressed
34. He was Chagrined at his failure
35. The chair of the committee did not appear Chagrined by the compromises and delays
36. I was most Chagrined when I heard that he had got the
37. See examples of Chagrined in English
38. Real sentences showing how to use Chagrined correctly.
39. The word Chagrined is the past form of chagrin in the first person singular
40. Chagrined Urdu Meaning - Find the correct meaning of Chagrined in Urdu, it is important to understand the word properly when we translate it from English to Urdu
41. There are always several meanings of each word in Urdu, the correct meaning of Chagrined in Urdu is خفگی, and in roman we write it Khafgi.
42. The chair of the committee did not appear Chagrined by the compromises and delays
43. 委员会主席 看起来 并未 因为 让步 和 延误而 懊恼 。 《柯林斯英汉双解大词典》 I felt Chagrined at the wasted effort
44. But they are Chagrined by close comparisons
45. Find 40 ways to say Chagrined, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
46. Christopher Plummer, Chagrined Star of ‘The Sound of Music,’ Dies at 91 Mike Barnes 2/5/2021
47. When you buy a Design Toscano Whittingford the Chagrined Sitting Dragon Sculpture online from Wayfair, we make it as easy as possible for you to find out when your product will be delivered
48. Synonyms for Chagrinedly in Free Thesaurus
49. 2 synonyms for Chagrined: abashed, embarrassed
50. What are synonyms for Chagrinedly?
51. Chagrined definition: feeling or caused to feel uneasy and self-conscious synonyms: embarrassed, discomposed, abashed antonyms: composed, unashamed, unagitated
52. Chagrined adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." literary (annoyed, upset) ( emozioni ) irritato, infastidito agg aggettivo : Descrive o specifica un sostantivo: "Una persona fidata " - "Con un cacciavite piccolo " - "Questioni controverse "
chagrined - feeling or caused to feel uneasy and self-conscious; "felt abashed at the extravagant praise"; "chagrined at the poor sales of his book"; "was embarrassed by her child's tantrums". abashed, embarrassed. discomposed - having your composure disturbed; "looked about with a wandering and discomposed air".
Noun. Chagrin comes from French, in which it means "grief," "sorrow," or essentially the same thing as our "chagrin," and in which it is also an adjective meaning "sad.".
“Much to [someone’s] X ” is a set construction denoting that something causes a strong feeling of X in the person named. So “much to my chagrin” means ‘causing me a great deal of chagrin’; “much to my dismay” means ‘causing me a great deal of dismay’, etc. – Janus Bahs Jacquet Aug 31 '13 at 12:57.