See also: Cephalad
1. Cephalad: ( sef'ă-lad ), In a direction toward the head
2. Cephalad definition is - toward the head or anterior end of the body.
3. Cephalad definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation
4. Cephalad synonyms, Cephalad pronunciation, Cephalad translation, English dictionary definition of Cephalad
5. Definition of Cephalad in the Definitions.net dictionary
6. What does Cephalad mean? Information and translations of Cephalad in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
7. Cephalad In anatomy, toward the head; forward in the long axis of the body; in the opposite direction from caudad
8. Thus, the carotid arteries run Cephalad from the chest; the cerebrum is situated Cephalad of the cerebellum; the fundus of the bladder is Cephalad with
9. Toward the head [adv] Medical Definition of Cephalad
10. Examples of how Cephalad is used would be that the heart is situated Cephalad to the intestines , a fish’s gills are situated Cephalad to the tail, and the cervical
11. Join 5000+ Businesses, Families and Individuals that are being supported by Cephalad Cooperative
12. Translation for 'Cephalad' in the free English-Chinese dictionary and many other Chinese translations.
13. Cephalad definition: towards the head or anterior part Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
14. Cephalad - find the meaning and all words formed with Cephalad, anagrams with Cephalad and much more
15. The word Cephalad uses 8 letters: a, a, c, d, e, h, l, p
16. Cephalad is playable in: Words With Friends 18
17. Cephalad (comparative more Cephalad, superlative most Cephalad) Towards the head (or anterior extremity)
18. Prone positioning results in Cephalad movement of ETT within the trachea
19. Search Cephalad and thousands of other words in English definition and synonym dictionary from Reverso
20. You can complete the definition of Cephalad given by the English Definition dictionary with other English dictionaries: Wikipedia, Lexilogos, Oxford, Cambridge, Chambers Harrap, Wordreference, Collins Lexibase dictionaries, Merriam Webster
21. What does Cephalad mean? Toward the head or anterior section
22. Learn Cephalad with free interactive flashcards
23. Choose from 12 different sets of Cephalad flashcards on Quizlet
24. Browse 12 sets of Cephalad flashcards Advanced
25. PA axial skull: Haas method, with 25-degree Cephalad central ray.
26. Cephalad in a sentence - Use "Cephalad" in a sentence 1
27. They are Cephalad from the diagphragm and caudad from the neck
28. Focal adhesions frequently tether the greater omentum to the Cephalad aspect of the transverse mesocolon
29. Click for more sentences of Cephalad
30. Cephalad: כלפי הראש (בזואולוגיה) Translations: 1 – 1 / 1
31. It is of elongated, pyriform outline, with the pointed end extending Cephalad
32. Figure 3A is a transverse section through this embryo near the anterior end of the enteron, _ent_, which cavity, Cephalad to this region, is bluntly pointed.
33. Amnion cavity: a tube-like insinking from the ventral plate of the embryo, extending Cephalad
34. How to use Cephalad in a sentence is shown in this page
35. How to say Cephalad in English? Pronunciation of Cephalad with 1 audio pronunciation, 1 meaning, 4 translations and more for Cephalad.
36. The Cephalad facet joint element includes a member adapted to engage a first vertebra, and an artificial Cephalad bearing member (820)
37. In anatomylang=en terms the difference between Cephalad and caudad is that Cephalad is (anatomy) towards the head (or anterior extremity) while caudad is (anatomy) towards the feet (only in humans)
38. As adverbs the difference between Cephalad and caudad is that Cephalad is (anatomy) towards the head (or anterior extremity) while caudad is (zoology) backwards; toward the tail or posterior part.
39. Cephalad answers are found in the Taber's Medical Dictionary powered by Unbound Medicine
40. Adjective : located Cephalad * * * cephˈalad adjective (zoology and anatomy) Situated near, facing towards, or passing to … Useful english dictionary
41. Cephalad medical definition, flashcards and ICD-10 codes
42. Cephalad in a sentence - Use "Cephalad" in a sentence 1
43. They are Cephalad from the diagphragm and caudad from the neck
44. Focal adhesions frequently tether the greater omentum to the Cephalad aspect of the transverse mesocolon
45. Click for more sentences of Cephalad: 19
46. Cephalad definition is - toward the head or anterior end of the body
47. Cephalad dislocations of mean 19 mm regularly occur in the upright position induced by gravity
48. Caudad: [ kaw´dad ] directed toward the tail or distal end; opposite of Cephalad.
49. We found 16 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word Cephalad: Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "Cephalad" is defined
50. General (12 matching dictionaries) Cephalad: Merriam-Webster.com [home, info]
51. At a more Cephalad level, patchy consolidation and ground-glass opacity are visible
52. Theresults suggest that a higher Cephalad spread of spinal anaesthesia is possible by reducing the CSF volume
53. It is just Cephalad to the anterior end of the pharynx and to the hypophysis
54. Spiracle on A1 located ventrad and Cephalad, whereas that of A2 is aligned with the remaining spiracles and located at center of segment in lateral view
55. Cephalad of the hepatic artery is the developing omentum, caudad of the vessel the mesoduodenum.
56. Level VII in the American Head and Neck Society classification refers to pretracheal, paratracheal, and esophageal groove lymph nodes, extending from the level of suprasternal notch Cephalad and up to the innominate artery caudad.These are considered superior mediastinal lymph nodes and are essentially an extension of the paratracheal nodes below the suprasternal notch.
57. The disc prosthesis includes an interbody device, a face plate and a pair of locking mechanisms for achieving dual fixation in the Cephalad and caudal direction.: La prothèse de disque inclut un dispositif intersomatique, une plaque frontale et une paire de mécanismes de verrouillage pour réaliser une fixation double dans la direction céphalique et caudale.
58. Cephalad (cranial) toward the head
59. Patients were randomized in 2 groups: group A (injection Cephalad to the division) and group B (injection caudad to the division)
60. The dysfunctional side will palpate as firmer and Cephalad
61. This video shows you how to pronounce Cephalad
62. Most important factors: Baricity of anesthetic solution (relative to CSF) Hyperbaric (glucose added) – follows gravity, greater Cephalad spread, normal dependent portion of spine in supine position is T4-T8
63. What is another way of saying "Cephalad to caudad"? laparotomy
64. Further examples may include Cephalad (towards the cephalic end), craniad, and distad
Definition of cephalad : toward the head or anterior end of the body : toward the head or anterior end of the body
The term is noted used in reference to the posture of the body. vertebrae runs cephalad to the thoracic vertebrae. chest. Since the neck is closer to the head than the chest, the cervical vertebrae would be considered cephalad when compared to the thoracic vertebrae. Cephalad is also known as cephalic.
Definition of cephalic. 1 : of or relating to the head cephalic measurements. 2 : directed toward or situated on or in or near the head gastropods with cephalic tentacles dragons with cephalic horns.