1. To put an end to; discontinue: The factory Ceased production
2. Cease definition, to stop; discontinue: Not all medieval beliefs have Ceased to exist
3. Find 46 ways to say Ceased, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
4. 42 synonyms of Ceased from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 60 related words, definitions, and antonyms
5. Cease definition, to stop; discontinue: Not all medieval beliefs have Ceased to exist
6. The laughter behind me faded, then Ceased altogether, and I collapsed to the ground, my breath slowly returning to its natural rhythm.: The Sabbath was, I agree, a covenantal sign for the Mosaic covenant, and it certainly Ceased as a 7th day covenant.: In the late fifties when high pressure water was reticulated throughout Waimairi County use of the water wheel Ceased and it fell into disrepair.
Ceased, Collapsed, Covenantal, Covenant, Certainly, County
7. As verbs the difference between seized and Ceased is that seized is (seize) while Ceased is (cease).
8. When something is brought to an end comes to an end itself, it is said to be Ceased. Used alternatively with halt, stop, terminate, wind up and be over etc. cease originated from Latin cedere ‘ to yeild’
Comes, Ceased, Cease, Cedere
9. The hostilities Ceased and normal life was resumed
10. Ceased 'Ceased' is a 6 letter word starting with C and ending with D Crossword clues for 'Ceased' Clue Answer; Desisted (6) Ceased: Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Ceased We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Ceased will help you to finish your crossword today
Ceased, Crossword, Clues, Clue
11. Ceased In English, many past and present participles of verbs can be used as adjectives
12. Others re-visited once or twice in the first 3 months and then Ceased …
13. The definition of Ceased means to have ended
14. An example of Ceased is for a store to have stopped selling candles yesterday.
15. The word Ceased is the past form of cease in the first person singular
16. Antonyms for Ceased include commenced, began, started, initiated, continued, persisted, created, persevered, opened and beared
Ceased, Commenced, Continued, Created
17. (Used without a qualifying verb, noun, or adjective; otherwise, the cessation merely refers to said verb, noun, or adjective—e.g., "cease to be entertained.") After the recession, many of the small businesses populating the mall simply Ceased to be.
Cessation, Cease, Ceased
18. Synonyms for Ceased in Free Thesaurus
19. How to say Ceased in English? Pronunciation of Ceased with 1 audio pronunciation, 15 translations, 4 sentences and more for Ceased.
20. When thou hast Ceased to destroy, thou shalt be destroyed; and when thou hast made an end of dealing treacherously, they shall deal treacherously with thee
21. Another way to say Ceased? Synonyms for Ceased (other words and phrases for Ceased).
22. Get a Ceased mug for your barber Helena
23. Examples of Ceased in a sentence All combat actions were Ceased when the two countries declared a ceasefire between their forces
Ceased, Combat, Countries, Ceasefire
24. 🔊 Any attempt by the negotiator to communicate with the criminals ceased when they cut the phone lines
Communicate, Criminal, Cease, Cut
25. From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English cease1 /siːs/ ●●○ W3 AWL verb [ intransitive, transitive] 1 formal to stop doing something or stop happening cease to do something He Ceased to be a member of the association.
Contemporary, Cease, Ceased
26. Translation for 'Ceased' in the free English-Polish dictionary and many other Polish translations.
27. Ceased (80 Occurrences) Matthew 14:32 When they got up into the boat, the wind Ceased
28. Then Ceased the work of the house of God which is at Jerusalem
29. So it Ceased unto the second year of the reign of Darius king of Persia
30. Job 32:1 View whole chapter See verse in context So these three men Ceased to answer Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes
Chapter, Context, Ceased
31. (Used without a qualifying verb, noun, or adjective; otherwise, the cessation merely refers to said verb, noun, or adjective—e.g., "cease to be entertained.") After the recession, many of the small businesses populating the mall simply Ceased to be
Cessation, Cease, Ceased
32. Cease is an verb (used without object), Ceased…
33. As a result of the reform of the ACC, all standing committees, including SOCA, Ceased to exist on 31 December 2001
34. Building Ceased with the outbreak of war
35. My job had effectively Ceased to exist
36. The bird's song Ceased abruptly
37. The conversation had long Ceased to interest me
38. The factory has now Ceased production of the toys
39. The flow slowed, then Ceased altogether.
40. ‘Hostilities Ceased on 27 July 1953, some three years after they began.’ ‘The conversation Ceased for a moment when the waitress served their appetizers.’ ‘Her coughing Ceased for a brief moment when she felt a sharp pain on her lower leg.’ ‘Afterwards it ceases …
Ceased, Conversation, Coughing, Ceases
41. ‘Hostilities Ceased on 27 July 1953, some three years after they began.’ ‘The conversation Ceased for a moment when the waitress served their appetizers.’ ‘Her coughing Ceased for a brief moment when she felt a sharp pain on her lower leg.’ ‘Afterwards it ceases …
Ceased, Conversation, Coughing, Ceases
42. We've got 28 rhyming words for Ceased » What rhymes with Ceased? This page is about the various possible words that rhymes or sounds like Ceased.Use it for writing poetry, composing lyrics for your song or coming up with rap verses.
Ceased, Composing, Coming
43. Collected here are the first two of these works, Why I Ceased to Be a Revolutionary and Beginnings & Ends, translated into English for the first time with an introduction by K
44. [The Athletic] The Dallas Mavericks have Ceased playing the national anthem before home games this season and do not plan to play it moving forward
45. Ceased operation for a period of 180 days, beginning on the date when the final, single provider has Ceased operation.
46. In the case of a co-located telecom structure, the date of abandonment occurs when the owner has either: (1) Failed to start operations within one hundred and eighty (180) days of completion of the telecom structure; or, (2) Ceased operation for a period of one hundred and
Case, Co, Completion, Ceased
47. What Are the Arguments from Church History That the Sign Gifts Have Ceased? Are All Spiritual Gifts Active Today? – Question 10 One of the most-often voiced objections to the modern-day usage of the sign gifts is an argument from history.
48. The government has Ceased all contact with the rebels
49. Cease doing/to do something: In 1981 he Ceased being a player and moved into management
50. I had Ceased to care what happened to her
verb (used without object), ceased, ceas·ing. to stop; discontinue: Not all medieval beliefs have ceased to exist. to come to an end: At last the war has ceased. Obsolete. to pass away; die out.
The definition of cease means to stop or discontinue. An example of cease is a fight between two people being put to an end.
What is the meaning of the phrase "cease to exist"? If you are referring a person or any other living animal or plant, cease to exist means to die. An extinct species has ceased to exist.
1. To come to an end; stop: a process that never ceases. 2. To stop performing an activity or action; desist: "fold our wings, / And cease from wanderings" (Tennyson). n. Cessation; ceasing: We worked without cease to get the project finished on time.