1. : to raise trivial and frivolous objection The author Caviled about the design of the book's cover.
2. 5 synonyms of Caviled from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 25 related words, definitions, and antonyms
3. Caviled: to make often peevish criticisms or objections about matters that are minor, unimportant, or irrelevant.
4. Caviled 'Caviled' is a 7 letter word starting with C and ending with D Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Caviled
5. We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Caviled will help you to finish your crossword today.
6. Naturally, some men — and women — Caviled that Obama shouldn’t have caved on his Man Cave
Caviled, Caved, Cave
7. How to say Caviled in English? Pronunciation of Caviled with 1 audio pronunciation and more for Caviled.
8. Definition of Caviled in the Definitions.net dictionary
9. Information and translations of Caviled in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
10. Synonyms for Caviled in Free Thesaurus
11. Synonyms for Caviled include carped, beefed, complained, grouched, groused, grumbled, moaned, nitpicked, quibbled and bleated
Caviled, Carped, Complained
12. Words created with Caviled, words starting with Caviled, words start Caviled
13. A customer Caviled about/over/at the price
14. ‘they Caviled at the cost’ More example sentences ‘It's a fantastic achievement - and one in the eye for those who have carped and cavilled about the underperformance …
Caviled, Cost, Carped, Cavilled
15. A review in The Princetonian Caviled with Hopkins’ treatment of town-gown relations but undermined its critique by quoting Lippincott’s January essay on social life at Harvard, whose students have “no more acquaintance with the world about college than a clerk has in …
Caviled, Critique, College, Clerk
16. Caviled 13 is a valid Scrabble Word in NWL, formerly TWL (USA, Thailand, Canada) Caviled 13 is a valid Scrabble Word in CSW, formerly SOWPODS (Other Countries) Caviled 16 is a valid word in WWF
Caviled, Canada, Csw, Countries
17. Definitions for the word, Caviled (imp
18. Unscrambled Words in the letters, Caviled
19. 6 letter words made by using the letters Caviled.
20. We found 11 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word Caviled: Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "Caviled" is defined
21. General (10 matching dictionaries) Caviled: Merriam-Webster.com [home, info]
Definition of cavil. intransitive verb. : to raise trivial and frivolous objection The author caviled about the design of the book's cover. transitive verb. : to raise trivial objections to He caviled the conditions of the agreement.
to raise irritating and trivial objections; find fault with unnecessarily (usually followed by at or about): He finds something to cavil at in everything I say. verb (used with object), cav·iled, cav·il·ing or (especially British) cav·illed, cav·il·ling.
verb (used without object), cav·iled, cav·il·ing or (especially British) cav·illed, cav·il·ling. to raise irritating and trivial objections; find fault with unnecessarily (usually followed by at or about): He finds something to cavil at in everything I say.
1 carp, complain, criticize. It would be foolish to cavil about living in any city, with its many pleasures and diversions, he says. But I must not cavil at the decisions of the invisible infallibles; and the article is very well written. Beyond all cavil this position is most conducive to the happiness of the human family in this life.