See also: Cathect Cathected Cathectic Catharsis Cathartic Catholic Catheter Cathedral Cathode Catholicism Cathexis Catheterization Cathay Cathodic Catholicity Cath Straight Right Cardiac Foley Left Heart
1. Cathect [ k uh- thekt, ka- ] verb (used with object) Psychoanalysis
2. Cathect synonyms, Cathect pronunciation, Cathect translation, English dictionary definition of Cathect
3. Cathect (third-person singular simple present Cathects, present participle Cathecting, simple past and past participle Cathected) (transitive, psychology) To focus one's emotional energies on someone or something.
Cathect, Cathects, Cathecting, Cathected
4. Cathect - inject with libidinal energy energize , perk up , energise , stimulate , arouse , brace - cause to be alert and energetic; "Coffee and tea stimulate me"; "This herbal infusion doesn't stimulate"
Cathect, Cause, Coffee
5. ABOUT US Cathect is a bootstrapped B2B startup that focuses on building products for Web Hosts, Domain Registrars & Resellers and Web Professionals.
6. Cathect Communications The Best Internet Service Provider In addition to offering Unlimited downloads, our internet bundles are very economical and cater to the needs of a broad category of customers, including students, researchers, social media users, working professionals, YouTubers, and many more
Cathect, Communications, Cater, Category, Customers
7. Cathect is a group of highly skilled and motivated people working towards its goals and vision.
8. A leader in the Telecommunications Industry, Cathect was formed with a mission to provide customers an array of impeccable Internet services that are smooth, fast and convenient
Cathect, Customers, Convenient
9. Cathect - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
10. Dictionary entry overview: What does Cathect mean? • Cathect (verb) The verb Cathect has 1 sense:
11. Inject with libidinal energy Familiarity information: Cathect used as a verb is very rare.
12. Cathect, the society of the Department of Psychology, Bharati College, was established in 2017
13. The word Cathect means to invest emotions and feelings
14. A strategy of willed distance from particular objects in the world and the needs and desires that connect or Cathect individuals to them" (1995, 67)
15. Ecocriticism and the long eighteenth century For example, when individuals Cathect their perceptions of outside objects, they become more important and valuable.
16. Definition of Cathect in the Definitions.net dictionary
17. What does Cathect mean? Information and translations of Cathect in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions …
18. Cathect sass callithump accrete cerebrate Follow us on
Cathect, Callithump, Cerebrate
19. Peck uses the word Cathect divisively, claiming that people can only
Cathect, Claiming, Can
20. She refuses to "Cathect" to the trial, and I would be derelict in my responsibility if I failed to point out that Microsoft Word 2002 does not recognize the existence of the word "Cathect."Ellis Weiner: Scribe Sees Boffo Vid as Veep Asst
21. 4 suffixes (New words found by adding one or more letters at the end of the word.) Cathects Cathected Cathectic Cathecting
Cathects, Cathected, Cathectic, Cathecting
22. As readers they Cathect onto Austen's novels precisely because they appear to have no plots
23. Cathect is a 7 letter word, used as a verb, and has the letters accehtt (aceht)
24. Cathect definition: to invest mental or emotional energy in Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
25. Cathect is a 7 letter word, used as a verb, and has the letters accehtt (aceht)
26. Write to us via the form, or just send us an email directly at [email protected]Cathectarchitects.com
27. Cathect (Thesaurus) cathead cathedra
Cathect, Cathead, Cathedra
28. The chanting was a crash course in Cathecting, given every day when we were barely awake! We were learning to Cathect all sorts of meaning and significance onto the guru
Chanting, Crash, Course, Cathecting, Cathect
29. Synonyms for Cathected in Free Thesaurus
30. 6 words related to Cathect: energize, perk up, energise, stimulate, arouse, brace
31. What are synonyms for Cathected?
32. Cathect Communications, Inc’s statement of income, balance sheet, and statement of cashflow
Cathect, Communications, Cashflow
33. Cathect definition: inject with libidinal energy synonyms: perk up, stimulate, arouse, energise, energize, brace antonyms: sedate, de-energize, de-energise
34. Cathect - find the meaning, anagrams and hook words with Cathect and much more
35. The word Cathect uses 7 letters: a, c, c, e, h, t, t
36. Cathect is playable in: Words With Friends 15
37. These are words formed by appending one letter to Cathect
38. Peck uses the word Cathect divisively, claiming that people can only
Cathect, Claiming, Can
39. She refuses to "Cathect" to the trial, and I would be derelict in my responsibility if I failed to point out that Microsoft Word 2002 does not recognize the existence of the word "Cathect."Even more conveniently, the left has the right's history of racism, the bloodstain on its nightshirt
40. Cathect is a new, small carrier that was incorporated in April, 2020
41. Cathect is currently certificated in Nevada and Texas and has applications pending in Georgia, Louisiana and Illinois
Cathect, Currently, Certificated
43. Cathect Sdn Bhd., Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
44. Cathect is a Malaysian based IT company which is focused on designing and developing creative and intuitive software applications.
Cathect, Company, Creative
45. Cathect is a popular song by Hillside Drive Create your own TikTok videos with the Cathect song and explore 0 videos made by new and popular creators.
Cathect, Create, Creators
46. Cathect 14 is a valid Scrabble Word in NWL, formerly TWL (USA, Thailand, Canada) Cathect 14 is a valid Scrabble Word in CSW, formerly SOWPODS (Other Countries) Cathect 15 is a valid word in WWF
Cathect, Canada, Csw, Countries
47. Definitions for the word, Cathect
48. A lot of parents Cathect on to their children
49. Application: Enclosed herein please find Cathect Communications, Inc’s application, revised pre- filed direct testimony, and exhibits A and B
50. Cathect (1:21:08 AM): it could stil be a medieval/castle type plot bc these people crash landed like nothing fckin worked at all and ppl had to start civilization over again but just like in SKYRIM how theres the (cant remember their fckin names) one group of ppl that were technologically advanced sorta ???? like everyone lives in simple, a lil more advanced medieval-y type environment except
Cathect, Could, Castle, Crash, Civilization, Cant
Medical Definition of cathect : to invest with mental or emotional energy
Back-formation from cathexis and cathectic . Apparently it is possible for an individual to cathect any person, object, idea, or image. Of considerable importance to a possible analogy between cathexis and the emotion of interest, is Freud's notion that an individual can cathect thought or thinking as well as attention and perception.
Apparently it is possible for an individual to cathect any person, object, idea, or image. Of considerable importance to a possible analogy between cathexis and the emotion of interest, is Freud's notion that an individual can cathect thought or thinking as well as attention and perception.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'cathect.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback . What is an earlier meaning of nice?