caterwaul (verb) · caterwauls (third person present) · caterwauled (past tense) · caterwauled (past participle) · caterwauling (present participle)
caterwaul (noun) · caterwauls (plural noun)
1. See synonyms for: Caterwaul / Caterwauled / Caterwauling on Thesaurus.com verb (used without object) to utter long wailing cries, as cats in rutting time
2. Synonyms & Antonyms of Caterwaul (Entry 1 of 2) to express dissatisfaction, pain, or resentment usually tiresomely like many kids during summer vacation, they were Caterwauling about the lack of things to do
3. The Caterwaul first appeared in the original first edition Fiend Folio (1981)
4. The Caterwaul appeared in the second edition in the Monstrous Compendium Fiend Folio Appendix (1992)
5. Description [edit edit source] A Caterwaul is a bipedal feline, noted for its ability to climb, hide in shadows and to move silently
6. CHAMBERS'S TWENTIETH CENTURY DICTIONARY (PART 1 OF 4: A-D) VARIOUS It was enough to raise your hair to hear that variegated and enormous unanimous Caterwaul burst out! A TRAMP ABROAD, COMPLETE MARK TWAIN (SAMUEL CLEMENS)
7. A high unpleasant noise like one made by a cat (Definition of Caterwaul from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)
8. A cat’s Caterwaul is a feline noise like no other
9. Unlike the cute meow or the contented purr, the shrill wail of a Caterwaul can sound like your precious pet is in pain
10. A mix between a whine and an all-out yowl is the basic Caterwauling definition – and it is a cat sound that demands attention.
11. Partly inspired by Ernest Hemingway novel The Old Man and the Sea, Ian Samuels’ Caterwaul is a unique and dramatic short film exploring themes of love and loss
12. Caterwaul (third-person singular simple present Caterwauls, present participle Caterwauling, simple past and past participle Caterwauled) ( intransitive ) To cry as cats in heat ; to make a harsh , offensive noise .
13. Caterwaul was an American rock band, based in Phoenix, Arizona.
14. What does Caterwaul mean? To cry or screech like a cat in heat
15. If a person or animal Caterwauls, they make a loud, high, unpleasant noise like the noise that cats make when they fight.shrieking and Caterwauling in mock distress.
16. It is a benefit comp, the Caterwaul Society – Songs for Rainer Fronz
17. ‘The drinkers perform a comedic Caterwaul while the folk singers create a dissonant background to the absurdity.’ ‘Armed with only an acoustic guitar, My Morning Jacket's frontman falls into the delicate opening strains of ‘Bermuda Highway, ‘his ghostly Caterwaul creeping up my spine like a fever.’’
18. Caterwaul (v.) "disagreeable howling or screeching," like that of a cat in heat, late 14c., caterwrawen, perhaps from Low German katerwaulen "cry like a cat," or formed in English from cater, from Middle Dutch cater "tomcat" + Middle English waul "to yowl," apparently from Old English *wrag, *wrah "angry," of uncertain origin but somehow imitative
19. Caterwaul: To cry or screech like a cat in heat
20. I was not going to indict, complain or Caterwaul, which is why I didn't even consider writing a year-in-review piece before very early this morning.
22. GameDay Caterwaul: Florida Panthers at Chicago Blackhawks Cats look to shake off tough loss to Lightning Lightning pulls away in the third for 5-3 win over Panthers Tyler Johnson power-play goal sends Cats to tough luck loss
23. It's the The Caterwaul Society - Songs for Rainer Fronz comp, but in popular COMPACT DISC form! Includes unlimited streaming of The Caterwaul Society: Songs for Rainer Fronz via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more
24. ‘The drinkers perform a comedic Caterwaul while the folk singers create a dissonant background to the absurdity.’ ‘Armed with only an acoustic guitar, My Morning Jacket's frontman falls into the delicate opening strains of ‘Bermuda Highway, ‘his ghostly Caterwaul creeping up my spine like a fever.’’
25. Caterwaul: 1 v utter shrieks, as of cats Synonyms: yowl Type of: pipe , pipe up , shriek , shrill utter a shrill cry n the yowling sound made by a cat Type of: cry the characteristic utterance of an animal
27. Caterwaul (band), American rock band Disambiguation page providing links to topics that could be referred to by the same search term This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Caterwaul .
28. The Caterwaul society is a loose coalition of like minded noiseniks, freaks, nerds and weirdoes built around Caterwaul
29. LET IT BE KNOWN, the Caterwaul Society: Songs For Rainer Fronz compilation is …
30. Caterwaul meaning, definition, what is Caterwaul: to make a loud high unpleasant noise lik: Learn more.
31. Caterwaul dogged canicular fat cat On your calendar Get A.Word.A.Day on your calendar
32. With Anu Garg Caterwaul PRONUNCIATION: (KAT-uhr-wol) MEANING: verb intr.: 1
33. Caterwaul definition: If a person or animal Caterwauls , they make a loud , high , unpleasant noise like the Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
34. Definition of Caterwaul verb in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
35. The Caterwaul the cats outside were making grated on my ears and made me wish I had earplugs
36. A woman with long nails can create a piercing Caterwaul if she scratches them on a chalkboard
37. A car can sometimes produce a Caterwaul sound when it slams on brakes at high speeds.
38. The Caterwaul cannot keen or make melee attacks during the round in which it hastes itself
39. Habitat/Society: The Caterwaul is normally a militantly solitary creature, leaving its mother after only three months of life
40. The normal lifespan of a Caterwaul is 5 years
41. Caterwaul in a sentence - Use "Caterwaul" in a sentence 1
42. Females may Caterwaul during or shortly after mating
43. Also mentioned were the penanggalon, the Caterwaul, the death knight, and the revenant
44. Click for more sentences of Caterwaul: 4
45. Caterwaul in a sentence - Use "Caterwaul" in a sentence : 4
46. Caterwaul is a verb meaning to utter : 4.
47. 2018 Caterwaul Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, 750 mL, United States, California $ 49.99
48. Antonyms for Caterwaul include crow, delight, rejoice, agree, praise, compliment, approve, accept, be happy and laud
49. The song ended in a Caterwaul of feedback as they stumbled off stage, leaving in their wake trashed guitars and a bemused Jonathan Ross.: They raised such a Caterwaul when Thompson entered a Burmese in a San Francisco show in 1938 that he withdrew from the proceedings.: The words Britain's best young spellers found most difficult were rankle, Caterwaul, pleasurable and totem.
50. "Caterwaul" refers to a wail, as that made by felines when they're in an, er, amorous mood
51. Really, stay with that image, since it's a more attractive musical prospect than Pin & Web.Weakly executed imitations of the delicate punk pioneered by bands like Echo & the Bunnymen and the Cure (the catch here being that the lead vocalist is a woman), Caterwaul will send you running for your old
1. caterwaul ( v.) utter shrieks, as of cats; Synonyms: yowl. 2. caterwaul ( n.) the yowling sound made by a cat in heat; From wordnet.princeton.edu.
Definition of caterwaul in English: caterwaul. verb. [no object] Make a shrill howling or wailing noise like that of a cat. ‘he seems to think that singing soulfully is to whine and caterwaul tunelessly’. as noun caterwauling ‘the caterwauling of a pair of bobcats’. as adjective caterwauling ‘a caterwauling guitar’.
caterwaul in a sentence
Define caterwauler. caterwauler synonyms, caterwauler pronunciation, caterwauler translation, English dictionary definition of caterwauler. intr.v. cat·er·wauled , cat·er·waul·ing , cat·er·wauls 1. To cry or screech like a cat in heat. 2. To make a shrill, discordant sound. 3. To have a noisy...