1. Catawampus, meaning “askew, diagonal,” is first recorded in the 1830–40s
2. Originally, Catawampus also meant “fierce.” It’s thought to be an American colloquialism influenced by the cater- in cater-cornered (or for many of us, kitty-corner) and wampish, Scottish for “flopping about.”
Catawampus, Colloquialism, Cater, Cornered, Corner
3. The definition of Catawampus is awry
4. An example of something Catawampus is a situation that has gone completely out of control.
Catawampus, Completely, Control
5. Catawampus definition is - an imaginary fierce wild animal : bogey.
6. / ˌkæt.əˈwɒm.pəs / (also cattywampus, us / ˌkæt̬.iˈwɑːm.pəs / uk / ˌkæt.iˈwɒm.pəs /) going badly, awkwardly, or in the wrong direction: The script is spoiled by its Catawampus rhythms and its lack of …
7. Catawampus (adj.) also catawampous, cattywampus, catiwampus, etc
Catawampus, Catawampous, Cattywampus, Catiwampus
8. Catawampus is Lanny's right-hand man and an antagonist from the live-action series, Pair of Kings.
9. Dear me, everything has gone Catawampus with me this week
10. This is a market where that mantra " buy, don't rent " has been turned Catawampus. Chagall's work uses geometric shapes, sharp angles, bold colours and Catawampus characters
Catawampus, Chagall, Colours, Characters
11. The Catawampus was born in the late 1930s and found itself in a corral near the Knott volcano
12. Cattywampus definition is - variant spelling of Catawampus
13. Catawampus, San Diego, California
14. Studio Catawampus is the art of Rebecca Flaum, a Portland, Oregon based illustrator, designer, and artist.
15. It zigzagged in 1935 from drought to sloshy spring to frying-pan summer to completely Catawampus.: It seems we often have the best intentions, determined to stay the course on the straight and narrow road, but we somehow end up Catawampus.: The balance was thrown Catawampus when the coach started loading up with the unexpected players.: The dubitations of a Bostonian spinster may be made as
Completely, Catawampus, Course, Coach
16. Catawampus An wild creature that lives in the forst and eats children
Catawampus, Creature, Children
17. Catawampus adj Also caliwampus, cankywampus, cattywampus and many other varr—see quots and DS Y38, KK20a, MM2, 3 [Var of cater- prefix + wampus, wampous, perh rel to Scots wampish to wriggle, twist, or swerve about] See also kitty-wampus adv
Catawampus, Caliwampus, Cankywampus, Cattywampus, Cater
18. Find 80 ways to say Catawampus, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
19. Cattywampus definition, a variant of Catawampus
20. Start reading Catawampus: The Fertility Process from a Man's Perspective on your Kindle in under a minute
21. There are areas of the United States where the word “Catawampus,” “kattywumpus,” or “kittywampus” mean the same thing as kitty-corner
22. Catawampus Press specializes in creating strange and wonderful handmade goods
23. The Catawampus was born in the late 1930s and found itself in a corral near the Knott volcano
24. Catawampus is Lanny's right-hand man
25. Catawampus worked for Lanny while he was king of Lanada
26. Verily, a Catawampus! - T Shirt
27. Catawampus, San Diego, California
28. Synonyms (Other Words) for Catawampus & Antonyms (Opposite Meaning) for Catawampus.
29. Catawampus pronunciation with meanings, synonyms, antonyms, translations, sentences and more Which is the right way to say trezentos in Portuguese? tre-hz-ay-ce-tos
30. Sentence with the word Catawampus It wasn't until the red pickup parked Catawampus in our driveway and we had to park on the street that Mary cracked
31. Now in the past it was thought that the adult Catawampus seen there was a male and was the last one – but now experts are beginning to wonder maybe it’s not that extinct, as now there is a young Catawampus right next to the adult at Knotts
32. Leading them to believe that maybe the Catawampus at the Farm was not male, but female.
33. Catawampus - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
34. Definition of Catawampus in the Definitions.net dictionary
35. What does Catawampus mean? Information and translations of Catawampus in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
36. The Catawampus Cat is an inspiring story that will touch the hearts of both children and adults ❤️ From the very first page it captivates you with its adorable illustrations, taking you on a journey with a "slightly askew" cat through a very busy town filled with busy people.
Catawampus, Cat, Children, Captivates
37. What is the opposite of Catawampus? Antonyms for Catawampus (opposite of Catawampus).
38. 4 reviews of Catawampus Fudge Factory "I came into this store because of the name and although the knick knacks and clothing were for an older crowd, they seemed colorful and interesting
Catawampus, Came, Clothing, Crowd, Colorful
39. Catawampus is a word that came from the United Kingdom that was brought over to America for about 100 years or so ago
40. Catawampus Cat meanders into town one day, walking at a slant, and manages to completely transform the place and its people
Catawampus, Cat, Completely
41. Catawampus definition: askew ; awry Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
42. A nine-year-old from Yuma, Arizona, wants to know the origin of Catawampus.So do etymologists
43. Catawampus means “askew,” “awry,” or “crooked.” We do know the word has been around for more than a century and is spelled many different ways, such as cattywampus and caddywampus.It may derive from the Scots word wampish, meaning to “wriggle,” “twist,” or “swerve.”
Catawampus, Crooked, Century, Cattywampus, Caddywampus
44. "A well-used Old Town canoe lies Catawampus at the entrance to the cellar." Stephen Williams; Why Ask for the Moon? The New York Times; Jun 10, 2007
Canoe, Catawampus, Cellar
45. See more usage examples of Catawampus in Vocabulary.com's dictionary
46. Like the Catawampus cat here, he tended to avoid answering direct questions and offered a new perspective on many topics such as outsiders, status, worry, and even the Law
47. Then say, “Jesus was sort of like the Catawampus cat.”
Class, Clearfix, Cash, Catawampus, Contains
Class, Clearfix, Cash, Catawampus, Contains
50. The Catawampus cat is in town and everything is about to change
Catawampus, Cat, Change
51. About The Catawampus Cat A tilted tale about a cat who sees the world from an unusual point of view, written by the hilarious Jason Carter Eaton ( How to Train a Train ) and illustrated by the equally humorous Gus Gordon (Herman and Rosie ).
Catawampus, Cat, Carter
52. Catawampus Urdu Meaning - Find the correct meaning of Catawampus in Urdu, it is important to understand the word properly when we translate it from English to Urdu
53. There are always several meanings of each word in Urdu, the correct meaning of Catawampus in Urdu is خیالی خونخوار جنگلی جانور, and in roman we write it Khayaali Khonkhawar Jungli Janwar.
positioned diagonally; cater-cornered. diagonally; obliquely: We took a shortcut and walked catawampus across the field. Think you remember last week’s words? Take this quiz on the Words of the Day from April 6–12 to find out! a person who dances professionally, as on the stage.
Where does catawampus come from? Catawampus, meaning “askew, diagonal,” is first recorded in the 1830–40s. Originally, catawampus also meant “fierce.” It’s thought to be an American colloquialism influenced by the cater- in cater-cornered (or for many of us, kitty-corner) and wampish, Scottish for “flopping about.”
Join Our Free Trial Now! “Catawampus.” Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/catawampus. Accessed 2 Feb. 2021. Which is a synonym of insouciance?
Perhaps from catamount (“cougar, puma, lynx”), influenced by the adjective above. ( US) A fierce imaginary animal, a bogeyman. ( US) Fierce, destructive . There air some catawampous chawers in the small way too, as graze upon a human pretty strong; but don't mind them, they're company.