1. Careen definition is - to put (a ship or boat) on a beach especially in order to clean, caulk, or repair the hull
Careen, Clean, Caulk
2. How to use Careen in a sentence
3. Careen definition, (of a vehicle) to lean, sway, or tip to one side while in motion: The car Careened around the corner
Careen, Car, Careened, Corner
4. Careen synonyms, Careen pronunciation, Careen translation, English dictionary definition of Careen
5. Lean or tip to one side while in motion, as car rounding a curve or a ship listing in a storm: The motorcycle Careened around the bend in the road.
Car, Curve, Careened
6. 70 synonyms of Careen from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 76 related words, definitions, and antonyms
7. Careen: to make a series of unsteady side-to-side motions.
8. What does Careen mean? To Careen is defined as to move quickly and wildly from side to side in a specific direction in an out of control manner
9. Find 7 ways to say Careen, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
10. Careen lean or tip to one side while in motion, as car rounding a curve or a ship listing in a storm: The motorcycle Careened around the bend in the road
Careen, Car, Curve, Careened
11. The Crossword Solver found 52 answers to the Careen crossword clue
Crossword, Careen, Clue
12. Careen (v.) 1590s, "to turn a ship on its side" (with the keel exposed, for inspection, repairs, etc.), from French cariner, literally "to expose a ship's keel," from French carene "keel" (16c.), from Italian (Genoese dialect) carena, from Latin carina "keel of a ship," also (and perhaps originally) "nutshell," possibly from PIE root *kar-"hard."
Careen, Cariner, Carene, Carena, Carina
13. Careen used to mean (1) to turn (a ship) on its side for cleaning or repairs, and (2) to lurch or sway, especially when in motion
14. But in modern usage, Careen has come to mean to move fast, especially in an uncontrolled way, making it synonymous with career.
Careen, Come, Career
15. Whether it’s an unsteady ship, a speeding bus, or a person who is woozy, use the verb Careen to describe something that’s teetering from side to side.
16. Careen is a battlefield of conflicting desires, a place where words are dragged from the liminal engine of Grace’s ‘kinetically charged’ soul into the broad daylight of racial politics.A place where it’s impossible to dodge the inevitable bullets aimed at whiteness and its whitened landscape
Careen, Conflicting, Charged
17. Careen was a skilled, accomplished and award-winning horsewoman
18. Careening (also known as "heaving down") is the practice of grounding a sailing vessel at high tide, in order to expose one side of its hull for maintenance and repairs below the water line when the tide goes out.
19. Chained_bear commented on the word Careen "The word Careen, 'to lurch or swerve while in motion,' illustrates a phenomenon that is frequently encountered when tracing the history of language: the development of a word can be influenced by other words of similar sound and related meaning, and similar words can exert mutual influence on each other.
Commented, Careen, Can
20. What is the definition of Careen? What is the meaning of Careen? How do you use Careen in a sentence? What are synonyms for Careen?
21. Examples of Careen in a sentence
22. If you drive too fast in dangerous weather, your car may Careen off the road
23. 🔊 I yelled as I saw my drunk neighbor Careen his vehicle into his house
24. 🔊 When the bartender saw his patron Careen from wall to wall, he knew the man would need a ride home
25. Careen (Noemi Press, 2019) is Grace Shuyi Liew's debut collection of poetry
26. Synonyms for Careen in Free Thesaurus
27. 11 synonyms for Careen: sway, tilt, rock, keel, lurch, reel, stagger, swag, wobble, tilt, shift
28. Careen definition: To Careen somewhere means to rush forward in an uncontrollable way
29. Careen From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Careen ca‧reen / kəˈriːn / verb [ intransitive always + adverb/preposition ] American English SIDE to move forwards quickly without control, making sudden sideways movements SYN career British English Careen down/over/along etc The car Careened around the corner
Careen, Contemporary, Ca, Control, Career, Car, Careened, Corner
30. Careen, Inc is a corporation located at 208 N Valley St in New Ulm, Minnesota that received a Coronavirus-related PPP loan from the SBA of $1,796,300.00 in April, 2020
31. Careen Cardin passed away on March 13, 2021 in Hopkinton, New Hampshire
32. Funeral Home Services for Careen are being provided by Bennett Funeral Home
33. To Careen is defined as to move quickly and wildly from side to side in a specific direction in an out of control manner: 43
34. Careen in a sentence 1, They Careened the fishing boat to repaint the hull
35. 2, The truck Careened around the corner
36. 3, The car Careened around the corner
Car, Careened, Corner
37. See 5 authoritative translations of Careen in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
Class, Clearfix, Cash, Careen, Covered
39. ‘Free radicals Careen through your bloodstream and indiscriminately plunder unpaired electrons from unsuspecting molecules.’ ‘I reached the boy as the platform began to rock violently, threatening to send me and him Careening into the swiftly moving water.’
40. The name Careen is in the following categories: American Names, Literary Characters Names, Southern Names
Careen, Categories, Characters
41. Careen Young is dedicated to prosthodontics from prevention care to restorations and implant dentistry
42. Provided to YouTube by CDBaby Careen · Sam Hill Beauty, Despair and Fun (Acoustic Guitar Instrumentals) ℗ 2007 Middlemissmusic and Sam Hill Released on: 2007
43. Careen Cardin January 23, 1985 – March 13, 2021 Careen Cardin was born on January 23, 1985 and passed away on March 13, 2021 and is under the care of Bennett Funeral Home
Careen, Cardin, Care
44. Careen⇒ vi intransitive verb: Verb not taking a direct object--for example, "She jokes." "He has arrived." (rush headlong) salir corriendo loc verb locución verbal: Unidad léxica estable formada de dos o más palabras que funciona como verbo ("sacar fuerzas de flaqueza", "acusar recibo")
Careen, Corriendo, Como
45. The speeding car Careened into a wall.
46. Careen DuBuc Cardin is on Facebook
47. Join Facebook to connect with Careen DuBuc Cardin and others you may know
Connect, Careen, Cardin
48. Definition and synonyms of Careen from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
49. This is the British English definition of Careen.View American English definition of Careen.
50. Careen would be roughly described as folk, but drawing on the very different backgrounds in music of an opera performer and a reggae artist its definitely not trad folk
51. Careen (nav) a abate în carenă, a carena: Translations: 1 – 1 / 1
Careen, Caren, Carena
52. Edward Careen was born in 1827, at birth place, to Philip Careen and Anne Careen (born Viscount)
53. Edward married Agnes Careen (born English) on month day 1858, at age 31 at marriage place
54. Mrs Careen and Mr Burt are incredible examples of Godly people and parents and their children are truly missionaries for God's kingdom
55. Thank you, Mrs Careen for sharing your testimony …
56. Usage of these forms of Careen reached its highest 6 decades ago (ADOPTION OF 1.93%) and has become much lower since (ADOPTION 0.14%, 93%), with forms such as Cara becoming somewhat dated
57. Careen M Davis, Careen M Polk, Careen Michelle Davis and Careen Michelle Polk are some of the alias or nicknames that Careen has used
58. Background details that you might want to know about Careen include: ethnicity is Caucasian, whose political affiliation is currently a registered Democrat; and religious views are listed as Christian.
Careen, Caucasian, Currently, Christian
59. Definition of Careen verb in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
careen (verb) · careens (third person present) · careened (past tense) · careened (past participle) · careening (present participle)
A car, for instance, may either careen or career. Some usage guides hold, however, that the car is only careening if there is side-to-side motion, as careen has other meanings related to movement, among which is "to sway from side to side."
How to use careen in a sentence. careen and career to put (a ship or boat) on a beach especially in order to clean, caulk, or repair the hull; to cause to heel over… See the full definition
Definition of careen. (Entry 1 of 2) transitive verb. 1 : to put (a ship or boat) on a beach especially in order to clean, caulk, or repair the hull.
Careen vs. career. One definition of career is to move at full speed, especially with an uncontrolled or unsteady motion. Careen used to mean (1) to turn (a ship) on its side for cleaning or repairs, and (2) to lurch or sway, especially when in motion. But in modern usage, careen has come to mean to move fast,...