See also: Cantankerously Cantankerous Cant Canter Cantata Canteen Canted Cantering Cantonese Cantonment Cantilever Cantor Canticle Cantons Cantina Cantatrice Cantabile Cantered Canterbury Cantaloupe Cantos
1. But the contenders tried nonetheless, as they argued – mostly politely but sometimes Cantankerously – about how far left to bring the party, how to confront economic inequality and how to treat immigrants
Contenders, Cantankerously, Confront
2. Definition of Cantankerously in the Definitions.net dictionary
3. What does Cantankerously mean? Information and translations of Cantankerously in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
4. Cantankerously meaning In a cantankerous manner.
5. Cantankerously (comparative more Cantankerously, superlative most Cantankerously) In a cantankerous manner.
Cantankerously, Comparative, Cantankerous
6. Synonyms for Cantankerously include irritably, crankily, crossly, grumpily, irascibly, testily, critically, fractiously, grouchily and peevishly
Cantankerously, Crankily, Crossly, Critically
7. Search Cantankerously and thousands of other words in English definition and synonym dictionary from Reverso
8. You can complete the definition of Cantankerously given by the English Definition dictionary with other English dictionaries: Wikipedia, Lexilogos, Oxford, Cambridge, Chambers Harrap, Wordreference, Collins Lexibase dictionaries, Merriam Webster
Can, Complete, Cantankerously, Cambridge, Chambers, Collins
9. ‘On the other hand Bach, despite his Cantankerously quarrelsome nature, is seen as a genius superior even to Mozart (a rather futile comparison hardly worth attempting).’ ‘We didn't exactly run the school, but there were many things that were left to us, and we debated over them Cantankerously.’
10. Dictionary entry overview: What does Cantankerously mean? • Cantankerously (adverb) The adverb Cantankerously has 1 sense:
11. In a bad mood Familiarity information: Cantankerously used as an adverb is very rare.
12. Cantankerously How many syllables? 5 Syllables How it's divided? can-tan-ker-ous-ly
13. Related words are Cantankerously, cantankerousness
14. Antonyms for Cantankerously include good-naturedly, cheerfully, friendlily, pleasantly, happily, helpfully, kindly, affably, agreeably and genially
15. Cantankerously: In a cantankerous manner; ill-naturedly; waspishly; crossly
Cantankerously, Cantankerous, Crossly
16. One could be reminded of John Kennedy Toole's Cantankerously amusing character, Ignatius J.
Could, Cantankerously, Character
17. It is in this sense, too, that the impulse that continues to draw artists to Carlson diverges from the technophilia of postwar sculptural production--what in 1966 Dan Flavin Cantankerously called a "scented romance in fiberglass or anodized aluminum or neon light …
Continues, Carlson, Cantankerously, Called
18. Cantankerously Yours – Archive
19. Cantankerously Total Number of words made out of Cantankerously = 2410 Cantankerously is a 14 letter long Word starting with C and ending with Y
20. 12 letter Words made out of Cantankerously
21. Cantankerously 0 points 1 point 2 points 4 years ago Hate the small slide release on the Legion series - and I wish the color was a bit lighter to distinguish from the normal Sig finish
22. Dictionary entry overview: What does Cantankerously mean? • Cantankerously (adverb) The adverb Cantankerously has 1 sense:
23. Cantankerously - find the meaning, anagrams and hook words with Cantankerously and much more.
24. Cantankerously Stories 2 Wall 0 Following 0 Followers 1 Reviews 0 Reading Lists 0 Badges 0 BREATHLESS All they did was leave each other breathless
25. Words created with Cantankerously, words starting with Cantankerously, words start Cantankerously
26. How this page explains Cantankerously ?
27. Follow me!Learn from me how to pronounce the english word Cantankerously.This video shows you how to pronounce the English word Cantankerously
28. We found 15 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word Cantankerously: Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "Cantankerously" is defined
29. General (14 matching dictionaries) Cantankerously: Merriam-Webster.com [home, info]
30. Cantankerous definition in English dictionary, cantankerous meaning, synonyms, see also 'Cantankerously',cantankerousness',cankerous',canter'
Cantankerous, Cantankerously, Cantankerousness, Cankerous, Canter
31. EDITORIAL: Ottawa council's year of living Cantankerously
32. Cantankerously Urdu Meaning - Find the correct meaning of Cantankerously in Urdu, it is important to understand the word properly when we translate it from English to Urdu
33. There are always several meanings of each word in Urdu, the correct meaning of Cantankerously in Urdu is حُجَّت یا تکرار کے ساتھ, and in roman we write it Hujjat Ya Takraar Ke Sath.
34. Wellmade: Cantankerously Crafty
35. Cantankerously Chaotic & Misunderstood
36. Some speculate that it could represent a former farmer who Cantankerously fought for his land to his death
37. This series is about two children who are the wards of a Cantankerously un-loving uncle
38. Maybe he’s counting on the media to indulge their narrow biases and laud him for standing up to a random gun nut, no matter how much he gets wrong or how Cantankerously …
39. A Cantankerously funny view of books and the people who love them
Ill-tempered and quarrelsome; disagreeable: disliked her cantankerous landlord. 2. Difficult to handle: "had to use liquid helium, which is supercold, costly and cantankerous" (Brad Pokorny).
Considering that a cantankerous person generally has the spite associated with "contack" and "rancor," and the noxious and sometimes painful effects of a "canker," that theory seems plausible. What we can say with conviction is that "cantankerous" has been used in English since at least the late 1700s. Examples of cantankerous in a Sentence
[Perhaps from Middle English contek, dissension (influenced by such words as rancorous cankerous ), from Anglo-Norman contec, possibly from Latin contāctus, past participle of contingere, to touch; see contact .] can·tan′ker·ous·ness n. American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition.