callow (adjective) · callower (comparative adjective)
1. Callow comes from calu, a word that meant "bald" in Middle English and Old English
2. By the 17th century, Callow had come to mean "without feathers" and was applied to young birds not yet ready for flight
3. Callow synonyms, Callow pronunciation, Callow translation, English dictionary definition of Callow
4. Lacking adult maturity or experience; immature: a Callow young man
5. Adjective immature or inexperienced: a Callow youth
6. Someone, especially a young person, who is Callow behaves in a way that shows they have little…
7. 11 synonyms of Callow from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 23 related words, definitions, and antonyms
8. Callow: lacking in adult experience or maturity.
9. The word Callow comes from the Old English word calu, which meant "bald or featherless." It was used to describe young, fledgling birds
10. The definition of Callow is someone or something immature
11. A forty year old man with the maturity level of a fifteen year old is an example of Callow.
12. Find 27 ways to say Callow, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
13. English: habitational name from any of several places called Callow, including one in Herefordshire which is named with Old English calu ‘bare’ in the sense ‘bare hill’, Callow near Hathersage and Callow near Wirksworth, both in Derbyshire, which are named with Old English cald ‘cold’ + hlaw ‘hill’, and Calow near Chesterfield, also in Derbyshire, which is named with Old English calu ‘bare’ + halh ‘nook of land’.
14. The Crossword Solver found 36 answers to the Callow crossword clue
15. Definition of Callow immature, lacking in life experience Examples of Callow in a sentence Since the Callow baker was new to cake decorating, she did not know how to properly frost the multi-layer cake
16. Callow (adj.) Old English calu "bare, bald," from Proto-Germanic *kalwa- (source also of Middle Dutch calu, Dutch kaal, Old High German kalo, German Kahl), from PIE root *gal- (1) "bald, naked" (source also of Russian golyi "smooth, bald").
17. DAMAGED: A Kate Lange Thriller (The Kate Lange Thriller Series Book 1) - Kindle edition by Callow, Pamela
18. Simon Callow was born on June 13, 1949 in London, England as Simon Phillip Hugh Callow
19. Definition of Callow in the Definitions.net dictionary
20. What does Callow mean? Information and translations of Callow in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
21. A Callow young person has very little experience or knowledge of the way they should behave as an adult.
22. ‘Sending off a bunch of Callow lads because a few opinion-formers safely over conscription age thought it was a good idea and might secure the next election would have been outrageous.’ ‘A Callow president had the sense to surround himself with people who had three great virtues.’
23. MATTOON -- Shannon Lynn Callow, age 46, of Mattoon passed away at 1:46 p.m
24. SIMON Callow - actor, director, author - is one of those people you might call larger than life
25. Simon Callow tells DAVID WHETSTONE about Orson Welles
26. Youthful; juvenile; very immature: as, a Callow youth
27. Having the character of an alluvial flat: as, Callow land; a Callow meadow.
29. Callow is a village and a civil parish in the Derbyshire Dales District, in the English county of Derbyshire
30. Visit your neighborhood Safeway located at 900 N Callow Ave, Bremerton, WA, for a convenient and friendly grocery experience! From our deli, bakery, fresh produce and helpful pharmacy staff, we've got you covered! Our bakery features customizable cakes, cupcakes and more while the deli offers a variety of party trays, made to order.
31. ‘Sending off a bunch of Callow lads because a few opinion-formers safely over conscription age thought it was a good idea and might secure the next election would have been outrageous.’ ‘A Callow president had the sense to surround himself with people who had three great virtues.’
32. Callow Collected, released 04 March 2019 1
33. Callow confirms the old truism that it takes one to know one
34. V Zollinger, 2020 SCC 45 (CM Callow), the Supreme Court of Canada expanded the scope of the duty of honesty in contractual performance (widely known as the duty of good faith), which it recognized six years earlier in Bhasin v
35. Callow Oils, Bringing warmth to your home
36. There’s nothing better than a warm, cosy home and the team at Callow are dedicated to ensuring that your home stays that way
37. Players have found the source for the Chewed Reins of the Callow Flayedwing mount
38. Pamela Callow is a Canadian author of mystery and thriller novels
39. Find 27 ways to say Callow, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
40. Callow & Associates is a Microsoft Gold Certified Enterprise Resource Planning and Gold Certified Data Analytics Partner
41. Callow & Associates has completed hundreds of successful financial accounting, project costing, equipment, human resources, integration, and reporting projects
42. Dr. Allan D. Callow is a Vascular Surgeon in Boston, MA
43. Callow's phone number, address and more.
44. Callow Pawn and Jewelry, Bremerton, WA
45. The name Callow comes from the ancient Anglo-Saxon culture of Britain
46. An alternate derivation of the surname comes from the Old English, where Callow means the bald or bare hill
47. Summary: Lillian Callow Denise's birthday is 09/24/1953 and is 67 years old
48. Boston, MA, is where Lillian Callow Denise lives today
49. In the past, Lillian has also been known as Lilian F Callow
50. Lillian has many family members and associates who include Denise Callow, Barry Callow, Doreen Kelly, Cecelia Callow and Keith Callow
51. Callow says it mistakenly inferred, as a consequence of this dishonesty, that there was no danger of the existing winter contract being terminated pursuant to clause 9 of the contract
52. This, Callow submits, was to the full knowledge of Baycrest, who failed to correct its false impression which amounted to a breach of the duty of honest performance.
53. ∙ 1737 N Callow Ave, Bremerton, WA 98312 ∙ $198,000 ∙ MLS# 1735657 ∙ Affordable Conveniently located Bremerton home