1. The Cacophonous chaos on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange Recent Examples on the Web They are are known for their Cacophonous cries, which can be heard from more than three miles away.
2. Example sentences from the Web for Cacophonous A psychologist might describe the benefits of this cognitive specificity in terms of “flow,” the buzzword applied to activities that focus the attention on something immediate and tangible, to the exclusion of the Cacophonous …
3. Cacophonous [kəˈkɒfənəs] ADJ → cacofónico Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co
4. 6 synonyms of Cacophonous from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 30 related words, definitions, and antonyms
5. Find another word for Cacophonous
6. Cacophonous: marked by or producing a harsh combination of sounds
7. Having an unpleasant mixture of sounds: We woke up to the cacophonous sound of birds
8. The restaurant is a Cacophonous, high-ceilinged room.
9. It is a Cacophonous soundscape that had changed little in tens of thousands of years. UNDERWATER NOISE POLLUTION IS DISRUPTING OCEAN LIFE—BUT WE CAN FIX IT ARYN BAKER FEBRUARY 5, 2021 TIME Others have no doubt quite sincerely refused to perform any music that sounded Cacophonous to them
10. Definition of Cacophonous in the Definitions.net dictionary
11. What does Cacophonous mean? Information and translations of Cacophonous in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
12. The Crossword Solver found 40 answers to the Cacophonous crossword clue
13. Cacophonous 'Cacophonous' is a 11 letter word starting with C and ending with S Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Cacophonous We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Cacophonous will help you to finish your crossword today
14. The adjective Cacophonous describes loud, harsh sounds, like the Cacophonous racket your brother and his band mates make while trying to learn how to play their instruments
15. To correctly pronounce Cacophonous, accent the second syllable: "cuh-CAW-fuh-nus." It is related to the Greek words kakos, meaning "bad, evil," and phone, or "voice."
16. In America's Cacophonous and hyper-active democracy, this means that actions and adventures tend to be self-regulating, at least over a period of years. 6
17. EVEN by Europe’s Cacophonous standards, German policymakers sent mixed signals on the euro this week
18. Cacophonous (Crossword clue) We found 23 answers for “Cacophonous”. This page shows answers to the clue Cacophonous, followed by 3 definitions like “ Alt
19. Cacophonous (comparative more Cacophonous, superlative most Cacophonous) Containing, consisting of, or producing harsh, unpleasant or discordant sounds.
20. If you describe a mixture of sounds as Cacophonous, you mean that they are loud and unpleasant.the Cacophonous beat of pop music
21. Synonyms: discordant, harsh, jarring, grating More Synonyms of Cacophonous COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary.
22. The Cacophonous ones sound bad, and the euphonious ones sound good
23. ‘Energy, however, unless properly channeled, formally controlled and orchestrated, can end up as pandemonium - a lot of senseless rushing around and a merciless, Cacophonous din.’ ‘Our past has become the Cacophonous cathedral of the American conversation, while our once-ranging future has shrunk into a snug and warm place, as cozy and
24. What does Cacophonous mean? The definition of cacophonus is having a harsh or annoying sound
25. Cacophonous: 1 adj having an unpleasant sound “"as Cacophonous as a henyard"- John McCarten” Synonyms: cacophonic cackly , squawky like the cackles or squawks a hen makes especially after laying an egg croaky , guttural like the sounds of frogs and crows grating , gravelly , rasping , raspy , rough , scratchy unpleasantly harsh or grating in
26. One cannot escape the feeling that, for these slim tales, appearance between these covers is a kind of Cacophonous family reunion, where the relatives have long been far-flung across continents, and yet immediately have thousands of things to say.
27. One cannot escape the feeling that, for these slim tales, appearance between these covers is a kind of Cacophonous family
28. Synonyms for Cacophonous include discordant, dissonant, inharmonious, grating, harsh, jarring, raucous, strident, unmelodious and unmusical
29. Nouns for Cacophonous include cacophonies and cacophony
30. Information about Cacophonous in the AudioEnglish.org dictionary, synonyms and antonyms
31. ‘Energy, however, unless properly channeled, formally controlled and orchestrated, can end up as pandemonium - a lot of senseless rushing around and a merciless, Cacophonous din.’ ‘Our past has become the Cacophonous cathedral of the American conversation, while our once-ranging future has shrunk into a snug and warm place, as cozy and
32. See authoritative translations of Cacophonous in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
33. Cacophonous definition: If you describe a mixture of sounds as Cacophonous , you mean that they are loud and Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
34. They played with a Cacophonous desperation
35. Definition of Cacophonous adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
36. Cacophonous - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
37. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Cacophonous adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (noise: discordant) cacofónico/a adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa grande", "mujer alta").
38. Cacophonous is a crossword puzzle clue
39. Cacophonous is a crossword puzzle clue that we have spotted over 20 times
40. Two books—“Hush: Media and Sonic Self-Control” and “In Tune: Music as the Bridge to Mindfulness”—try to make sense of our relationship to an increasingly Cacophonous world.
41. Find 16 ways to say Cacophonous, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
42. It’s a great family eatery, colorful and Cacophonous
43. Cacophonous Revival August 28 at 5:27 AM · Our third release date announcement of the week is the October 31 release of “La Llorona: Love And All The Hate” by VHS Death.
44. This spell functions as Cacophonous call, except that is affects multiple creatures.
45. 231 Portobello Rd, London, W11 1LT, UK Tel: 0207 7929791 Fax: 0207 7929871 Email: [email protected]Cacophonous.com
46. Euphonious is an antonym of Cacophonous
47. Cacophonous is an antonym of euphonious
48. As adjectives the difference between Cacophonous and euphonious is that Cacophonous is containing, consisting of, or producing harsh, unpleasant or discordant sounds while euphonious is pleasant-sounding; agreeable to the ear; possessing or demonstrating euphony.
49. Synonyms for Cacophonous in Free Thesaurus
50. 17 synonyms for Cacophonous: discordant, harsh, jarring, grating, raucous, strident, dissonant
51. Cacophonous would make a brief resurgence with a number of distinctly different groups between 2002 and 2004 (“I decided to try something new with blackened metal and deathcore,” says Neil, “it was a rebranding”) but the writing was on the wall and Cacophonous sank into the shadows.
52. The Cacophonous sounds help to communicate her mental state, especially as this play was designed to be performed aloud.
Definition of cacophonous : marked by cacophony : harsh-sounding like an old battlefield, once cacophonous with the clash of steel, the roar of cannon, the screams of wounded and dying men — Brian Moore Other Words from cacophonous Synonyms & Antonyms More Example Sentences Learn More about cacophonous Other Words from cacophonous
Definition and Examples of Literary Terms. If we speak literally, cacophony points to a situation in which there is a mixture of harsh and inharmonious sounds. In literature, however, the term refers to the use of words with sharp, harsh, hissing, and unmelodious sounds – primarily those of consonants – to achieve desired results.
The use of harsh or discordant sounds in literary composition, as for poetic effect. [French cacophonie, from Greek kakophōniā, from kakophōnos, cacophonous; see cacophonous .] American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.
Examples of cacophonous in a Sentence. the cacophonous chaos on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange. Recent Examples on the Web Coquí have infiltrated the Dominican Republic, Virgin Islands, Florida, and California, but are most worrisome in Hawaii, where their cacophonous spread shows no signs of slowing.