1. By definition is - in proximity to : near
2. By definition, near to or next to: a home By a lake
3. By next to; close to; a house By the sea; through the authority of: a study By the EPA; according to: a lousy movie By anyone’s standards; no later than: I’m usually home By late afternoon
4. Not to be confused with: buy – purchase: buy a car; to acquire By exchange or concession; to bribe: to buy votes; to accept or believe: I don’t buy that
Be, Buy, By, Bribe, Believe
5. 25 synonyms of By from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 29 related words, definitions, and antonyms
6. What does By mean? Up to and beyond; past
7. (preposition) We drove By the house.
8. Find 34 ways to say By, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
9. If you want easy to own, you want By the Yard
10. By - English Grammar Today - a reference to written and spoken English grammar and usage - Cambridge Dictionary
11. ByGeorge is a luxury fashion and lifestyle store established in Austin in 1979
12. Our ByGeorge team aims to warmly provide the world's best clothing, fine jewelry and home goods, embodying the spirit of Austin.
13. Definition of By (adverb, preposition): stating who or what does something; using a particular method to achieve something; not later than particular
14. Designs By JuJu has thousands of machine embroidery digital designs such as Applique designs, fonts, holiday designs, free designs, seasonal designs, and Redwork designs available for instant download.
15. By was born in Lambeth, Surrey, the second of three sons of George By, of the London Customs House, and Mary Bryan.Nothing certain is known about By’s early education; Andrews suggests that it could have been at Sir Thomas Rich's School in …
By, Born, Bryan, Been
16. By meaning, definition, what is By: used especially with a passive verb to s: Learn more.
17. Traductions supplémentaires: Anglais: Français: By prep preposition: Relates noun or pronoun to another element of sentence--for example, "a picture of John," "She walked from my house to yours." (during) pendant prép préposition: met en relation un nom et un autre élément
18. Ex : "la voiture de ma mère", "une carte à jouer": The street is noisy By day but very quiet By night.
19. .By is the Internet country code top-level domain for Belarus.It is administered By the Operations and Analysis Centre under the President of the Republic of Belarus (Оперативно-аналитический центр при Президенте Республики Беларусь).
20. HomeByMe, Free online software to design and decorate your home in 3D
21. By tomorrow/Tuesday, I'll be in France mañana/el martes ya estaré en Francia; By yesterday it was clear that ayer ya se veía claro que ; By 30 September we had spent £500 a 30 de septiembre habíamos gastado 500 libras; By 1998 the figure had reached en 1998 la cifra había llegado a ; By 2010 the figure will have reached hacia el año 2010 la cifra habrá llegado a
22. Lana Del Rey - High By The Beach (Official Music Video)Brand new album 'Lust for Life' out now
By, Beach, Brand
23. In addition, other factors are putting downward pressure on oil prices: change in the strategic behavior of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, the projected increase in Iranian exports, the scaling-down of global demand ( ' , especially from emerging markets), the long-term drop in petroleum consumption in the United States, and some displacement of oil By substitutes.
24. By the By Incidentally; on a side note; By the way
25. Sometimes, though less commonly, written as "By the Bye." By the By, I remembered where I left my keys, in case you were wondering
26. By (fornsvenska Byr, By, av boa, bo) kan på svenska dels beteckna en namngiven ort bestående av minst två närliggande gårdar och eventuellt flera torp på landsBygden, dels vara en vidare, mer juridisk beteckning för en samling gårdar som är eller har varit en samfällighet för gemensamt ägande och brukande av viss mark eller skog – så kallad allmänning.
By, Byr, Boa, Bo, Beteckna, Best, Beteckning, Brukande
27. ~ Awkward sounding; By the time is more commonly used
28. By the time expresses that the end-point of one activity (with duration) is the point-of-time for viewing the timing of another activity, “not later than the time” [possibly before and up to X point of time]
29. The rain poured down in a torrent, but By and By, the clouds thinned and the sun eventually came out again
30. Noun The unknown future, especially heaven or the afterlife (often preceded By "sweet")
The expression probably relies on the meaning of by as a succession of quantities (as in "two by two"). This adverbial phrase came to be used as a noun, denoting either procrastination or the future. William Camden so used it for the former (Remains, 1605): "Two anons and a by and by is an hour and a half."
By and by vs. by the by. By and by is usually an adverbial phrase meaning (1) after a while, or (2) soon— for example, “I can’t come now, but if you wait a little while, I will be there by and by.” But it also works as a noun meaning the future— for example, “I will see you in the by-and-by.” In the noun sense,...
by, past(adverb) so as to pass a given point. "every hour a train goes past". Synonyms: aside, away, past. aside, by, away(adverb) in reserve; not for immediate use. "started setting aside money to buy a car"; "put something by for her old age"; "has a nest egg tucked away for a rainy day".
The definition of meant is what was intended or indicated by an expression or action. An example of meant is someone having waved hello.