1. English speakers initially used "Brusque" to refer to a tartness in wine, but the word soon came to denote a harsh and stiff manner - which is just what you might expect of a word bristling with …
2. Origin of Brusque First recorded in 1595–1605; from Middle French, from Italian brusco “rough, tart,” special use of brusco (noun) “butcher's broom,” from Late Latin brūscum, for Latin rūscus, rūscum, …
3. [French, lively, fierce, from Italian brusco, coarse, rough, from Late Latin brūscum, perhaps blend of Latin rūscus, butcher's broom, and Late Latin brūcus, heather; see briar1 .] Brusque…
4. Some common synonyms of Brusque are bluff, blunt, crusty, curt, and gruff. While all these words mean "abrupt and unceremonious in speech and manner," Brusque applies to …
5. Quick and rude in manner or speech: His secretary was a little Brusque with me.
6. A Brusque manner of speaking is unfriendly, rude, and very brief
7. Brush and Brusque are not related, but they sound similar — when someone is Brusque, you often feel that they are trying to give you the brush off
8. Near synonyms for Brusque are curt, short, and gruff.
9. The Brusque and rather timid young officer is lionized in the drawing-room of Madame Tallien
10. NAPOLEON'S YOUNG NEIGHBOR HELEN LEAH REED He spoke in Brusque tones, and he looked at Mina as if he did not know what she might be doing there
11. Brusque is a crossword puzzle clue that we have spotted over 20 times
12. Brusque (comparative Brusquer or more Brusque, superlative Brusquest or most Brusque) Rudely abrupt, unfriendly
13. 3: He was Brusque, authoritative, given to contradiction, rough though never dirty in his personal belongings, and inclined to indulge in a sort of quiet raillery.
14. If you describe a person or their behaviour as Brusque, you mean that they deal with things, or say things, quickly and shortly, so that they seem to be rude
15. The doctors are Brusque and busy
16. They received a characteristically Brusque reply from him
17. Synonyms: curt, short, sharp, blunt More Synonyms of Brusque
18. Adjective If you describe a person or their behavior as Brusque, you mean that they deal with things, or say things, quickly and shortly, so that they seem to …
19. The definition of Brusque is being abrupt in speech or how you act with someone
20. An example of Brusque is when someone asks you a question and you barely give a two word answer or look them in the eye.
21. Brusque (adj) rough and prompt in manner; blunt; abrupt; bluff; as, a Brusque man; a Brusque style
22. Examples of Brusque in a sentence
23. Since he had burned so many bridges with his Brusque attitude, no one wanted to work with him
24. 🔊 The salesgirl’s Brusque manner made me change my mind about shopping in the store
25. 🔊 The Brusque server will not be getting a tip
26. Brusque 'Brusque' is a 7 letter word starting with B and ending with E Crossword clues for 'Brusque' Clue Answer; Blunt or curt (7) Brusque: Abrupt, offhand (7) Curt in manner (7) Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Brusque
27. Brusque é um município brasileiro do estado de Santa Catarina
28. See 2 authoritative translations of Brusque in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
29. Definition of Brusque written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
30. L'invention concerne une aiguille spéciale pour accélération Brusque.: The invention relates to a special hand for sudden acceleration.: Avec la crise financière mondiale et le Brusque ralentissement de l'économie, deux choses deviennent claires.: With the global financial crisis and the sudden economic downturn, two things are becoming clear.: Les virages nécessitent un changement de
31. Brusque live score (and video online live stream*), team roster with season schedule and results
32. Brusque is playing next match on 17 Mar 2021 against Retrô FC Brasil in Copa do Brasil.When the match starts, you will be able to follow Retrô FC Brasil v Brusque live score, standings, minute by minute updated live results and match statistics.We may have video highlights with goals and news
33. Synonyms for Brusque include curt, blunt, abrupt, short, gruff, snappy, crusty, snappish, rude and surly
34. Brusque (adj.) in older use also brusk, "abrupt in manner, rude," 1650s, from French Brusque "lively, fierce," from Italian adjective brusco "sharp, tart, rough," perhaps from Vulgar Latin *bruscum "butcher's broom plant," from Late Latin brucus "heather," from Gaulish *bruko-(compare Breton brug "heath," Old Irish froech).Related: Brusquely; Brusqueness.
35. Brusque - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
36. • It was just his usual Brusque, impetuous way of speaking
37. • Her secretary was a little Brusque on the phone
38. • Mathison's Brusque style tends to irritate colleagues
39. • They are both logical and just a little Brusque with me
40. Origin Brusque (1600-1700) French Italian brusco, from Medieval Latin bruscus type of bush with sharp points
41. Brusque is a city in Santa Catarina, Brazil.It was founded in 1860, by 55 German immigrants
42. The city was originally called Colônia Itajahy, but on 17 January 1890 it was renamed Brusque after former Santa Catarina province president Francisco Carlos de Araújo Brusque.
43. What's Hidden Devours by Brusque, released 03 April 2020 1
44. ‘His Brusque manner seemed to egg her on and she raised her chin a bit.’ ‘Indeed, he has the Brusque, taciturn manner of a true Montana native, although he was born in San Francisco and raised in the Bay Area.’ ‘His ability was unquestioned, but his Brusque and abrasive manner aroused hostility which probably hampered his early career.’
45. Nouns for Brusque include bruskness, Brusqueness, Brusquenesses, Brusquerie, Brusqueries and Brusquery
46. Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Brusque, Brazil on Tripadvisor: See 6,456 traveler reviews and photos of Brusque tourist attractions
47. We have reviews of the best places to see in Brusque
48. Brusque /bʁysk/ — brusquons /bʁys.kɔ̃/ Brusquez /bʁys.ke/ — compound — simple imperative of avoir + past participle — simple imperative of avoir + past participle simple imperative of avoir + past participle — 1 The French gerund is only usable with the preposition en.
49. Definition of Brusque adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
50. Synonyms for Brusque in Free Thesaurus
51. 25 synonyms for Brusque: curt, short, sharp, blunt, tart, abrupt, hasty, terse, surly, gruff, impolite
52. Brusque Ituano live score (and video online live stream*) starts on 11 Jan 2021 at 23:00 UTC time in Brasileiro Serie C, Group C - Brazil
53. Here on SofaScore livescore you can find all Brusque vs Ituano previous results sorted by their H2H matches
54. The kind and honourable Operoff I knew already, and now the Brusque, but exceptionally clever, Zuchin (who evidently took the lead in this circle) began to please me greatly
55. The senior officer, whose blue collar tabs and hat band marked him as NKVD, was Brusque to the point of rudeness when he asked in accented Polish to see Colling’s
56. We found 11 answers for “Brusque”
57. This page shows answers to the clue Brusque, followed by 3 definitions like “Abrupt in manner; blunt”, “Rough and prompt in manner” and “Marked by rude or peremptory shortness”.A synonym for Brusque is acrid.
58. Brusque average scored 1.00 goals per match in season 2021
59. • So' Brusque la nouvelle marque française • Avignon/Mtp • contact : soBrusque@hotmail.com • Instagram : soBrusque_
60. The doctors are Brusque and busy
61. His secretary was rather Brusque with me
62. The doctor spoke in a Brusque tone
63. His manner was self-assured and Brusque
64. His Brusque manner hides a shy and sensitive nature
65. Other articles where Brusque is discussed: Santa Catarina: …cities of Blumenau, Joinvile, and Brusque
66. Brusque average scored 1.33 goals per match in season 2021
67. Founded 1987 Address Avenida Lauro Muller 13 88353-040 Brusque, Santa Catarina Country Brazil Phone +55 (47) 3396 0033 E-mail [email protected]Brusquefc.com.br
68. Paróquia São Luís Gonzaga - Brusque, Brusque (Brusque, Santa Catarina)
English speakers initially used "brusque" to refer to a tartness in wine, but the word soon came to denote a harsh and stiff manner - which is just what you might expect of a word bristling with associations to stiff, scratchy brooms. She asked for a cup of coffee and received a brusque reply: "We don't have any."
Brisk and brusque have similar use cases, but brisk is the more flexible of the two, often describing things as quick, invigorating, or having a sense of energy. Brusque has the similar notion of shortness of quickness, but is more often associated with being abrupt to the point of being rude.
1 : markedly short and abrupt a brusque reply. 2 : blunt in manner or speech often to the point of ungracious harshness was brusque with the customers.
Examples of brusque in a Sentence. She asked for a cup of coffee and received a brusque reply: "We don't have any ." The teacher was brusque and impatient. Collette is somewhat less nuanced as Detective Rasmussen, a brusque, f-bomb dropping cynic, but the actress brings a believable frustration and anger to her character's bluster.