1. Definition of Breastwork : a temporary fortification Examples of Breastwork in a Sentence Recent Examples on the Web The blunt yet rounded Breastworks lead the way to a decent Cd of 0.34.
Breastwork, Blunt, Breastworks
2. Breastwork definition, a defensive work, usually breast high
3. Breastwork Sentence Examples The ancient walls of Avila, constructed of brown granite, and surmounted by a Breastwork, with eighty-six towers and nine gateways, are still in excellent repair; but a large part …
Breastwork, Brown, By, But
4. ‘Everything the actor owned formed a crude Breastwork ten yards from the chipped cinder-block front step.’ ‘Yet I still felt muddled, as the Breastwork became more defined in the clouds of smoke from the firing of muskets.’ ‘There was probably a timber Breastwork along the top.’
Breastwork, Block, Became
5. Definition of Breastwork in the Definitions.net dictionary
6. What does Breastwork mean? Information and translations of Breastwork in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
7. Find 69 ways to say Breastwork, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
8. • (fortification) A Breastwork is a fortification • Breastwork is a defensive work or parapet of moderate height • The vertical timber-work built on top of the earth rampart of a …
9. Jackson, who was bombarding the Breastwork on the opposite side of the bend, began hearing small arms fire and seeing smoke rising from Tehopeka
Bombarding, Breastwork, Bend, Began
10. A Breastwork is a fortification
11. In warships, a Breastwork refers to the armored superstructure in the
12. Breastwork: Rethinking Breastfeeding [Bartlett, Alison] on Amazon.com
Breastwork, Breastfeeding, Bartlett
13. Breastwork: Rethinking Breastfeeding
14. ‘Everything the actor owned formed a crude Breastwork ten yards from the chipped cinder-block front step.’ ‘Yet I still felt muddled, as the Breastwork became more defined in the clouds of smoke from the firing of muskets.’ ‘There was probably a timber Breastwork along the top.’
Breastwork, Block, Became
15. Breastwork definition: a temporary defensive work, usually breast-high Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
16. The superstructure and conning tower was fully armoured, the reason it was called a Breastwork, with 8-9in mm of wrought iron.
17. Hypernyms ("Breastwork" is a kind of): fortification; munition (defensive structure consisting of walls or mounds built around a stronghold to strengthen it)
18. Hyponyms (each of the following is a kind of "Breastwork"): machicolation (a projecting parapet supported by corbels on a medieval castle; has openings through which stones or boiling water could be dropped on an enemy)
Breastwork, By, Boiling, Be
19. Breastwork is a 10 letter word, used as a noun, a compound word, and has the letters abekorrstw (abekorstw)
20. Breastwork Run is a stream located just 8.7 miles from Central City, in Somerset County, in the state of Pennsylvania, United States, near New Baltimore, PA
21. A Breastwork monitor was a modification of the monitor, a warship which was first built in the United States in 1861, designed by John Ericsson and distinguished by …
Breastwork, Built, By
22. Looking for Breastwork? Find out information about Breastwork
23. An enormous Breastwork rose in the darkness some ten or more feet high
24. Breastwork Meaning: "fieldwork thrown up breast-high for defense," 1640s, from breast (n.) + work (n.) in "fortification"… See definitions of Breastwork.
25. Synonyms for Breastwork include rampart, bastion, bulwark, earthwork, embankment, fortification, parapet, defence, barbican and barricade
Breastwork, Bastion, Bulwark, Barbican, Barricade
26. The French for Breastwork is parapet
27. A Breastwork monitor was one of a number of ships designed by Sir Edward Reed, the Chief Constructor of the Royal Navy between 1863 and 1870
Breastwork, By, Between
28. Breastwork definition: a temporary defensive work, usually breast-high Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
29. Breastwork - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
30. Completed Breastwork evidently of hi* construction
31. Breastwork translation in English-Latin dictionary
32. En The barbarians meanwhile rushed down with their bands, now hurling at the entrenchments stones such as the hand could grasp, stakes with points hardened by fire, and boughs lopped from oaks; now filling up the fosses with bushes and hurdles and dead bodies, while others advanced up to the Breastwork with bridges and ladders which they had
Barbarians, Bands, By, Boughs, Bushes, Bodies, Breastwork, Bridges
33. Breastwork Hill Rd Pineville, Bell County , Kentucky , USA Show Map Memorials
34. 43 Breastwork Hl , Pineville, KY 40977-1283 is currently not for sale
35. It usually just consisted of a low rampart with a Breastwork that protected its defending infantry
36. 2 We a saw the Lord b standing upon the Breastwork of the pulpit, before us; and under his feet was a paved work of pure c gold, in color like amber.
37. Cognitive synonyms list for Breastwork
38. Breastwork is a 10 letter word, used as a noun, a compound word, and has the letters abekorrstw (abekorstw)
39. Synonyms for Breastwork in Free Thesaurus
40. 1 synonym for Breastwork: parapet
41. What are synonyms for Breastwork?
42. Breastwork - traduction anglais-français
43. Forums pour discuter de Breastwork, voir ses formes composées, des exemples et poser vos questions
44. Breastwork Meaning in English to Urdu is عارضی , as written in Urdu and Arzi, as written in Roman Urdu
45. There are many synonyms of Breastwork which include Bulwark, Citadel, Defense, Fortification, Fortress, Mainstay, Parapet, Rock, Stronghold, Support, Prop, Protection, Tower Of Strength, etc.
46. The Patriots came out from behind the Breastwork yelling and shooting the Loyalists from behind
47. On the level of the ground little archways sometimes passthrough this Breastwork, by which means the defenders can crawl outto the stockade and reconnoitre their enemies
48. On the level of the ground little archways sometimes passthrough this Breastwork…
breastwork (noun) · breastworks (plural noun)
breast·work. a low wall put up quickly as a defense in battle.
Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. A breastwork is a temporary fortification, often an earthwork thrown up to breast height to provide protection to defenders firing over it from a standing position. A more permanent structure, normally in stone, would be described as a parapet or the battlement of a castle wall.
In warships, a breastwork is the armored superstructure in the ship that did not extend all the way out to the sides of the ship. It was generally only used in ironclad turret ships designed between 1865 and 1880.
The central breastwork is 130 feet in length at the top of the belt, and extends to the upper deck, 11 feet above the water-line. This breastwork incloses the boiler and engine hatches, the scuttles to magazines and shell-rooms, the principal openings for ventilation, and the two turrets. A parapet .