1. Examples of Bract in a Sentence Recent Examples on the Web The flowers are born in clusters of 5-7 blooms out of a long narrow pale green Bract. — Janet Carson, Arkansas Online, "French Mystery Plants Revealed," 14 Feb
2. 2021 The tipping also encourages side stems, and at the end of each side stem a colored Bract …
3. 1. Bract - a modified leaf or leaflike part just below and protecting an inflorescence inflorescence - the flowering part of a plant or arrangement of flowers on a stalk calycle, calyculus, epicalyx, false calyx - a group of Bracts simulating a calyx as in a carnation or hibiscus
4. Bracts are generally small and inconspicuous, but some are showy and petallike, as the brightly colored Bracts of bougainvillaea or the white or pink Bracts of flowering dogwoods
5. This Bract, when dead, is bent near the middle and more or less twisted, with the edges curving toward the cluster of nuts
6. BEAL This Bract has attracted a good deal of …
7. A Bract is a part of a plant that may resemble a leaf or a petal
8. Structurally, a Bract is most similar to a leaf, but it usually is slightly different from the plant's leaves
9. Some Bracts are green while others are colored
10. Colored Bracts can be quite brightly colored and are often mistaken for petals.
11. Neither is a Bract a leaf, although it is sometimes defined as a leaflike structure
12. Bracts usually differ in shape or color from leaves, and they function differently
13. Leaves may be anywhere along the stem while Bracts are generally located on a stem just …
14. What is a Bract on a plant? The simple answer is that it’s the part that’s found above the leaves but below the flower
15. Bract Retaining Walls featured using Eagle Bay Pavers BRW was featured in an article from Eagele Bay Pavers at the Monroe Park renovation in Richmond, VA
16. Bract 'Bract' is a 5 letter word starting with B and ending with T Crossword clues for 'Bract' Clue Answer; Specialised leaf (5) Bract: Leaflike flower part (5) Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Bract We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Bract will help you to finish your crossword today
17. Hop Bract polyphenols are natural ingredients
18. Bract, Modified, usually small, leaflike structure often positioned beneath a flower or inflorescence
19. What are often taken to be the petals of flowers are sometimes Bracts—for example, the large, colourful Bracts of poinsettia s or the showy white or pink Bracts of dogwood blossoms.
20. Alternatively send general enquiries to: Bract[email protected]; Protocols
21. Simple and efficient protocols developed by Bract for routine Agrobacterium tumefaciens mediated transformation with recommended genotypes are detailed below for each of the crop species
22. Bract has a 100% success rate in technology transfer of these protocols to
23. Bract definition, a specialized leaf or leaflike part, usually situated at the base of a flower or inflorescence
24. The upper Bract and the lower rosulate leaf from the same R
25. Nobile stem were subject to RNA sequencing (Wang et al., 2014a), which identified candidate genes that may be involved in the alpine adaption of the translucent Bract in “glasshouse” plants and illustrated the changes in gene expression underlying the adaptive and complex
26. Definition of Bract in the Definitions.net dictionary
27. What does Bract mean? Information and translations of Bract in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
28. Bract (botany) A leaf or leaf-like structure from the axil out of which a stalk of a flower or an inflorescence arises.
29. Bract is a new type of dispensary that is focused on giving the community more than just a place to get their medicinal cannabis products
30. In botany, a Bract is a modified leaf, especially one associated with a flower or inflorescence
31. Bracts are usually different from normal leaves
32. Bract Satan Is Our Liberator, We Deserve Freedom Without Shame, released 19 April 2019 1
33. Still Not Given To Death Written and recorded by Bract (fka Coward Punch) on the lands of the Gadigal and Wangal people of the Eora Nation
34. The red, pink, white and multicolored leaves at the top of the plant are actually Bracts that surround the true flowers.
35. Bract: 1 n a modified leaf or leaflike part just below and protecting an inflorescence Types: show 6 types hide 6 types calycle , calyculus , epicalyx , false calyx a group of Bracts simulating a calyx as in a carnation or hibiscus Bracteole , Bractlet a small Bract spathe a conspicuous Bract surrounding or subtending a spadix or other
36. Check out our Bract selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our t-shirts shops.
37. Using the MutMap approach and transformation experiments, we isolated a genetic factor for seed shattering, SSH1, which is an allele of SUPERNUMERARY Bract (SNB), a gene encoding a plant-specific APETALA2-like transcription factor.
38. Bract features a deep yoke coupled with slender sleeves, adding drama to this sweater’s simple construction
39. Worked in woolen-spun Loft yarn, Bract exudes modern elegance and coziness that flatters
40. Mean Upland Trash values ranged from 0.8362g/mL (boll lining) to 1.4735g/mL (Bract)
41. Cotton trash density using a density gradient column Selection was based on apparent yield potential, the frego Bract trait, and high volume instrument (HVI) fiber properties
42. Bract definition: a specialized leaf , usually smaller than the foliage leaves, with a single flower or Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
43. The Bract on the cannabis flower should not be confused with the calyx, which is the outer floral margin that provides protection to the young flower bud
44. The Bract of a marijuana plant surrounds the flower inflorescence
45. Bracts are sometimes larger and more brightly coloured than the true flower, as in poinsettia.
46. Bract Retaining Walls and Excavating, LLC was started with associates with over 20 years combined experience in the residential and commerical retaining wall business
47. Bracts are teardrop-shaped and often found in tight clusters at the ends of cannabis branches.
48. A Bract is a modified leaf at the base of a flower, and is often more showy than the flower itself - the red Bracts of poinsettias are another example.
49. Some varieties, such as the fishpole heliconia, have Bract clusters that dangle.
50. Architectural colorplay and modest shaping in the Bract pullover pay homage to handcrafted antique armor, in which plates are laced together creating curved bands of repeating shapes
51. Bract features a deep yoke coupled with slender sleeves, adding drama to this sweater’s simple construction
52. Worked in woolen-spun Loft yarn, Bract exudes modern elegance and coziness that …
53. In botanylang=en terms the difference between Bract and sepal is that Bract is (botany) a leaf or leaf-like structure from the axil out of which a stalk of a flower or an inflorescence arises while sepal is (botany) one of the component parts of the calyx, when this consists of separate (not fused) parts
54. As nouns the difference between Bract and sepal
55. The Bract is the real attraction rather than the small flowers
56. Bract Company is raising funds for The Pioneer Collection on Kickstarter! Bract Company designs and manufactures sustainable hemp apparel for outdoor use.
57. Involucral Bract synonyms, Involucral Bract pronunciation, Involucral Bract translation, English dictionary definition of Involucral Bract
58. Bract suppression is a developmental process that has received little study, and yet is a trait common in inflorescence development in a diverse group of angiosperms
59. As all grasses, including all the agronomicaly important cereals, suppress Bract
60. Bract - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
61. Bracteole definition, a small or secondary Bract, as on a pedicel
62. The initial damage associated with Bract edge burn is development of brown spots around the edge of the Bract or brown decay at the tip of the Bract (Slideshow Figure 1)
63. Bract edge burn can be best described as a nutritional disorder followed by the invasion of Botrytis.
64. Is that Bract is (botany) a leaf or leaf-like structure from the axil out of which a stalk of a flower or an inflorescence arises while stipule is (botany) basal appendage of a typical leaf of a flowering plant, usually appearing paired beside the petiole although sometimes absent or highly modified
65. As nouns the difference between Bract and
66. 1 day ago · Bract colouration associated with a deletion in the Bract1 gene
67. The colour range in poinsettia varieties is obtained either through classic breeding (crossing) or mutagenic breeding (radiation), thus generating a spectrum of Bract colours, such as pink, marble, orange and white/creamy.
68. Bract a specialized leaf with a single flower or inflorescence growing in the axil
69. A unique monstera flower-like gold nanorod/polydopamine bowl (GNR/PDA bowl) with spadix-Bract nanostructure was fabricated by a novel and facile approach
70. The possible formation mechanism of the GNR/PDA bowl spadix-Bract NPs was proposed by
Definition of bract. 1 : a leaf from the axil of which a flower or floral axis arises.
Definition of bract 1 : a leaf from the axil of which a flower or floral axis arises 2 : a leaf borne on a floral axis especially : one subtending a flower or flower cluster
Bract protects the flower in the bud condition. If the bract is present the flower is called as bracteate. If the bract is absent then the flower is called as ebracteate. Whereas in bracteoles are also bract like structure present on the pedicel of the flower between the bract and the flower. These are small and thin than the bract.
In general horticulture, the term bract refers to the female flower bract of a plant. The flower bract looks similar to a leaf but is different than the plant’s foliage and is also not a flower petal. It is actually a modified or specialized leaf.