1. Borborygmus A rumbling, gurgling, “growling” stomach noise heard on auscultation of the abdomen in conditions of increased intestinal peristalsis
2. Borborygmus is a rumbling sound made by the body, which is caused by gas moving through the intestines. Using layman's terms, it is the sound of a stomach growling, gurgling, or rumbling
Borborygmus, By, Body
3. The sound you're hearing during Borborygmus is the sound of your body going through the normal digestive process.
4. Borborygmus is the sound of undigested carbohydrates within the digestive track, or gut. As the digestive system breaks these carbohydrates down a lot of gas and wind is created and as such causes a lot of noise, discomfort and embarassment
5. Borborygmus (or Borborygmi being the plural) is the term given to loud rumbling stomach noise which occur when food/gas is passed through the stomach, intestine and gut
Borborygmus, Borborygmi, Being
6. Borborygmus is the term given to this and occurs in both humans and animals.
7. Synonyms for Borborygmus include flatulence, wind, eructation, farting, flatus, gas, intestinal gas, fart, vapors and vapours
8. Borborygmus, plural borborygmi, is the gurgling sound made by normal bowels
Borborygmus, Borborygmi, By, Bowels
9. Borborygmus (bor″bō-rĭg′mŭs) plural.borborygmi [Gr
Borborygmus, Bor, Borborygmi
10. Borborygmus Borborygmus is a goregrind band located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
11. Borborygmus is actually one of the most misunderstood words in the study of etymology
12. Most online sources will cite Borborygmus as being of Greek origin, being cycled into the English lexicon as a result of New Latin
13. Borborygmus: A gurgling, rumbling, or squeaking noise from the abdomen that is caused by the movement of gas through the bowels
Borborygmus, By, Bowels
14. Borborygmus Next week's theme Words for him and her Roll the dice Get a random word from A.Word.A.Day archives
15. With Anu Garg Borborygmus PRONUNCIATION: (bor-buh-RIG-muhs) MEANING: noun: A rumbling noise caused by the movement of gas through the intestines.
Borborygmus, Bor, Buh, By
16. Borborygmus definition: rumbling of the stomach Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
17. Borborygmus is the clunky, sometimes uncomfortable sensation in your innards before you need to evacuate.: Borborygmus can result from excessive intestinal gas or altered gastrointestinal motility.: It is usually associated with noticeable flatus, belching, Borborygmus, abdominal distension, or a combination of these signs
Borborygmus, Before, Belching
18. The intensity of Borborygmus was low with afternoon administration
19. Borborygmus [bawr-buh-RIG-muhs](n.)-A rumbling or gurgling noise made by the movement of fluid and gas in the intestines.-Rumbling or gurgling noises produc
Borborygmus, Bawr, Buh, By
20. Sentence with the word Borborygmus
21. He said he'd always liked the word Borborygmus and looked at me expectantly.
22. I want to apologize for my "Borborygmus" and be called out for my "fribbling."Nostalgia, which we are apt to sneer at as a doctor's name for homesickness, and to class with cachexy and Borborygmus, was a power for evil in those days, and some of our finest troops were …
23. Borborygmus Meaning: "rumbling noise in the bowels," 17c., from Latin borborigmus, from Greek borborygmos, from borboryzein… See definitions of Borborygmus.
Borborygmus, Bowels, Borborigmus, Borborygmos, Borboryzein
24. Definition of Borborygmus in the Definitions.net dictionary
25. What does Borborygmus mean? Information and translations of Borborygmus in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
26. Borborygmus is a goregrind band located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
27. Borborygmus definition: rumbling of the stomach Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
28. Borborygmus can be easily cured with the right diet and correct food choices
29. Borborygmus is the clunky, sometimes uncomfortable sensation in your innards before you need to evacuate
30. Borborygmus can result from excessive intestinal gas or altered gastrointestinal motility
31. It is usually associated with noticeable flatus, belching, Borborygmus, abdominal distension, or a combination of these signs
32. How to say Borborygmus in English? Pronunciation of Borborygmus with 1 audio pronunciation, 1 synonym, 2 meanings, 3 translations and more for Borborygmus.
33. Caxambu Style Borborygmus Potion is a concoction that, given its name, was developed in Caxambu, Brazil, and provokes stomach growling.1 Some of these potions could be found in the Room of Requirement and potions classroom at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.2 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (First appearance) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video …
Borborygmus, Brazil, Be
Definition of borborygmus : intestinal rumbling caused by moving gas
It is believed that the Greek verb was coined to imitate the digestive noises made by a stomach. "Borborygmus" has been part of English for at least 250 years; its earliest known use dates from around 1724. Get Word of the Day delivered to your inbox! “Borborygmus.”
The scientific name borborygmus is related to the 16th-century French word borborygme, itself from Latin, ultimately from Ancient Greek βορβορυγμός (borborygmós). The Greeks probably onomatopoetically coined the word.
Borborygmi is normal and most of the time no one can hear it, but sometimes it can be loud enough to be audible to people around you. Everyone has borborygmi, but these noises may be louder in people who've had surgery on their intestines. This is not necessarily a cause for concern.