bombardment (noun) · bombardments (plural noun)
1. 13 synonyms of Bombardment from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 37 related words, definitions, and antonyms
2. Find another word for Bombardment
3. Bombardment: a rapid or overwhelming outpouring of many things at once.
4. When a lot of bombs fall on a city or area, it is a Bombardment. But a Bombardment can also mean a pummeling with lots of other things: questions, spit balls, or e-mails
5. During the early stages of a war, the capital city of the country under attack may suffer a severe Bombardment meant to …
6. Bombardment meaning (physics) The incidence of an intense stream of high-energy particles directed at a substance.
7. A Bombardment is an attack by artillery fire directed against fortifications, troops, or towns and buildings.
8. The Bombardment having been announced for the 12th, they reckoned on a full day for burning and sacking the town
9. THE PHILIPPINE ISLANDS JOHN FOREMAN Trenches full of dead Turks, many buried by Bombardment, and 100 prisoners were taken in them
10. Definition of Bombardment the act (or an instance) of subjecting a body or substance to the impact of high-energy particles (as electrons or alpha rays) Thanks for visiting The Crossword Solver
11. Together, the evidence indicates that impacts increased about 3.8 to 3.9 billion years ago, during the Late Heavy Bombardment, which is thought …
12. Though neutron-Bombardment reactions are often carried out in a nuclear reactor (which will be described later), they can also be very conveniently performed in a small laboratory using a neutron source
13. The Bombardment had begun several days earlier, destroying many buildings
14. A situation in which so many questions or other things are directed at someone, that they find it difficult to deal with them: A president is under constant Bombardment …
15. Bombardment is a Conviction Crusader skill, unlocked at level 61.
16. A Bombardment is an attack by artillery fire or by dropping bombs from aircraft on fortifications, combatants, or towns and buildings.
17. Prior to World War I, the term was only applied to the Bombardment of defenseless or undefended objects, houses, public buildings, etc.It was only loosely employed to describe artillery attacks upon forts or fortified positions in preparation for assaults by
18. Bombardment allows a player to destroy ground forces on planets before an invasion
19. STEP 1 The active player chooses which planet each of their units that has the "Bombardment" ability in the system will bombard Multiple planets in a system may be bombarded, but the player must declare which planet a unit is bombarding before making a roll
20. Bombardment Barrels of Spikes is the main source of DPS
21. Bombardment of the lunar surface produced craters ranging in diameter from <10 −6 to ∼10 6 m
22. ‘Stark warnings and a constant Bombardment of information on the fragile nature of Earth's environment surround us on a weekly basis.’ ‘This process involves a sort of sensory Bombardment.’ ‘But one thing we know is the brain craves simplicity especially in the face of today's media Bombardment.’
23. Looking for online definition of Bombardment or what Bombardment stands for? Bombardment is listed in the World's largest and most authoritative dictionary database …
24. A continuous attack on a place by big guns and bombs The Bombardment continued for a terrible nine hours
25. Aerial/artillery/naval Bombardment (=attack from the air, land, or sea) Examples from the Corpus Bombardment • These factors, however, made the camps prime targets for …
26. A Bombardment is a strong and continuous attack of gunfire or bombing
27. The city has been flattened by heavy artillery Bombardments
28. The capital is still under constant Bombardment by the rebel forces
29. Synonyms: bombing, attack, fire, assault More Synonyms of Bombardment
30. Sitting in the Hartford International Airport with my grandfather, former WWII POW TSgt Hugo Cappelli, 423rd Bomb Squadron, 306 Bombardment Group, 40th Combat Bombardment Wing, 1st Bombardment Division, Thurleigh Airfield, Eight Air Force; Engineer and Top Turret Gunner whose B-17G, "Belle of the Blue," was shot down by German fighters Tuesday
31. Smoke billows into the air after a Bombardment hit a fuel depot in the Syrian town of Bab al-Hawa near the Turkish border
32. Crusader build for endgame solo progression, based around Bombardment with the Akkhan, Invoker and Cpt
33. S22 Bombardment Thorns Crusader
34. Label: Philip Guston painted Bombardment after reading newspaper reports of atrocities carried out during the Spanish Civil War, which began on July 17, 1936, when General Francisco Franco led a military coup against the democratically elected Republican government
35. Bombardment (countable and uncountable, plural Bombardments) the act of bombing, especially towns or cities; heavy artillery fire the incidence of an intense stream of high-energy particles directed at a substance; Quotations
36. For quotations using this term, see Citations:Bombardment
37. Late Heavy Bombardment; Translations
38. Blackwing - Bombardment + French database ID
39. Sign up for your FREE trial of The Great Courses Plus here: http://ow.ly/xQO430noyMhArtillery and aerial Bombardment in war can be savage and spectacular, bu
40. Arcane Bombardment Legendary Item Effect Feet or Back Requires Mage Arcane Barrage deals an additional 130% damage against targets below 35% health cool when we get to wear 2 if at all then this other lego would be nice Arcane Harmony Legendary Item Effect Shoulder or Hands Requires Mage
41. Definition of Bombardment noun in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
42. Charles Mccormick ENG 201 A devastating Bombardment A devastating Bombardment raid on Tokyo of 9–10 March was the pernicious schematic Bombardment foray in history .In may 1945 , Australian flock landed in Kalimantan , overrunning the oilfields there .British , American English , and Formosan effect defeated the Nipponese in Northern Burma in border district , and the British people pushed
43. We are Bombardment! You should all know by now we don't rush through things
44. Synonyms for Bombardment in Free Thesaurus
45. 28 synonyms for Bombardment: bombing, attack, fire, assault, shelling, blitz, barrage, flak
46. Thus, Bombardment of undefended ports, cities, settlements, or structures is forbidden
47. The Bombardment continued for a terrible nine hours: 2
48. Weeks of aerial Bombardment had destroyed factories and highways: 3
49. The Bombardment did no great execution: 4
50. Their forces capitulated five hours after the Allied Bombardment of the city began: 5
51. The allies let loose an intensive artillery Bombardment over the border: 6.
bombardment (noun) the act (or an instance) of subjecting a body or substance to the impact of high-energy particles (as electrons or alpha rays)
The noun bombardment can be countable or uncountable. In more general, commonly used, contexts, the plural form will also be bombardment . However, in more specific contexts, the plural form can also be bombardments e.g. in reference to various types of bombardments or a collection of bombardments .
Bombard Name Meaning French: from Old French bombarde 'bombard', 'device for throwing large stones', possibly applied as a metonymic occupational name or a nickname. Source: Dictionary of American Family Names ©2013, Oxford University Press
bombing - an attack by dropping bombs. bombardment. attack, onrush, onset, onslaught - (military) an offensive against an enemy (using weapons); "the attack began at dawn". bombing run - that part of the flight that begins with the approach to the target; includes target acquisition and ends with the release of the bombs.