1. Examples of Blowdown in a Sentence Recent Examples on the Web Figure out the easiest approach—sometimes a longer walk through gentler terrain is better than a short sprint up a slope of Blowdowns…
Blowdown, Better, Blowdowns
2. Blowdown is the removal of liquid contents of vessels and equipment to prevent its contribution to a fire or explosive incident. Blowdown is similar to depressurization but is relevant to liquids instead of gases
3. A liquid Blowdown should never be sent the facility flare …
4. Blowdown may refer to: Windthrow or forest Blowdown, a felling of trees by windstorm Blowdown stack, a vertical containment structure at a refinery or chemical plant Boiler Blowdown, a steam-boiler process to remove impurities
Blowdown, By, Boiler
5. Blowdown is the removal of water from a boiler with the help of a Blowdown valve
6. The term Blowdown is associated with fuel-fired boilers common in industry.
7. Cooling tower bleed-off/Blowdown is the flushing of a portion of high mineral concentration cooling tower system water down the drain, while simultaneously replacing it with fresh water
8. The Blowdown process involves partially draining the boiler to remove the sludge those solids create
9. Industrial boilers have three types of Blowdown procedures:
10. Boiler Blowdown is water intentionally wasted from a boiler to avoid concentration of impurities during continuing evaporation of steam
11. An accident in a nuclear reactor in which a cooling pipe bursts causing the loss of essential coolant British Dictionary definitions for Blowdown (2 of 2)
Bursts, British, Blowdown
12. Blowdown Tanks A Blowdown tank is a vessel designed to accept boiler Blowdown water and safely discharge the flash steam to a vent
13. The Blowdown tank is different from the Blowdown separator because it stores the water collected
14. In the Big Blowdown, Pelecanos paints a picture of life in DC, with two vets, Karras and Recevo, as the main characters, taking them from their teens to their thirties
15. Blowdown in Boiler Definition Blowdown in Boiler, Usually, water which is fed to the boiler contains high Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) content as well as other dissolved and undissolved solids in it.
16. World Cup Stadium Demolition: It's explosive demolition like you've never seen it before - Blowdown: World Cup Demolition in 3D
17. Las Vegas Casino Demolition: Blowdown is an explosive four part building demolition series profiling some of the most challenging projects of Controlled Demo
18. The Blowdown drum is designed to allow the refinery to release any process or byproduct liquids including hydrocarbons, in a safe and controlled way that protects plant equipment and personnel
19. The Blowdown drum can see rapid filling at high pressures and temperatures
20. Manual Blowdown can be accomplished through taping at the bottom of the boiler where settled solids are removed
Blowdown, Be, , Boiler
21. With manual Blowdown water level control devices and cutoff devices are kept clean of any solids interfering with their operation.
22. Blowdown is a reaction status in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Torna ~ The Golden Country
23. Model BDS Blowdown separators offer an effective and compact solution to safely dispose of boiler Blowdown and other high temperature process streams, including deaerator overflow or high temperature waste condensate from steam traps or pressure relief.
Bds, Blowdown, Boiler
24. The bottom Blowdown valves on your boiler help keep your boiler clean and efficient
25. When followed, the proper Blowdown procedure can keep your boiler running clean and efficient for years to come
26. ‘The scale of the Blowdown was the first problem.’ ‘For a small Blowdown, we recorded data on all gap - makers.’ ‘The H + S forest had a considerable amount of slash left from the logging, and pit and mound topography was created from the Blowdown of large trees.’ ‘In 1985 a large section was affected by another large Blowdown.’
27. The most common method is the use of a conductivity controlled Blowdown system, consisting of a conductivity probe, a controller, and a motorized Blowdown valve
28. Saving Water With Cooling Towers The initial best guess for opening of each Blowdown valve was staggered as follows: Process modeling for midstream operations
29. Blowdown piping should be at least the same size as the Blowdown tapping on the boiler
Blowdown, Be, Boiler
30. Heat Recovery Systems, Blowdown Tanks and Separators, Orifice Meters
31. Madden Engineered Products, LLC has a complete line of products covering both the boiler’s continuous surface water Blowdown and the intermittent bottom water Blowdown
Both, Boiler, Blowdown,
32. Blowdown is when fluid from a vessel or industrial building is dumped in a controlled way because something unexpected has happened
Blowdown, Building, Because
33. Blowdown may be necessary to evacuate gas from sections of pipeline in the event of an emergency
34. Blowdown discards a portion of the concentrated circulating water.
35. Continuous Blowdown (CBD) valves are designed to operate in continuous open position by releasing water continuously through a Blowdown tap near the boiler water surface, thereby maintaining the TDS level in the boiler drum
Blowdown, By, Boiler
36. Continuous Blowdown Valve is an angle type valve with a needle shaped trim in a venturi diffuser.
37. ‘The scale of the Blowdown was the first problem.’ ‘For a small Blowdown, we recorded data on all gap - makers.’ ‘The H + S forest had a considerable amount of slash left from the logging, and pit and mound topography was created from the Blowdown of large trees.’ ‘In 1985 a large section was affected by another large Blowdown.’
38. BDS Blowdown Separator Capacities: 10 gallons to 50 gallons, suitable for boiler operating pressure up to 800 psi Standard Model: ASME Section VIII, “U” Stamp A Blowdown separator is the best choice when space limitations preclude using a large tank to collect and hold the effluent while it cools to an acceptable drain temperature.
Bds, Blowdown, Boiler, Best
39. The purpose of Blowdown valves is to depressurize the equipment by sending the unwanted gases to flare
40. Blowdown valves are emergency on-off valves activated by a signal from the Emergency Shut Down (ESD) system, rather than direct activation by overpressure in the protected equipment.
41. Blowdown valves are commonly used to control the concentration of dissolved solids in the boiler water
42. If a boiler makes use of more than one Blowdown valves, then these two valves are often used in series to minimize erosion.
43. Blowdown or Bleedoff is the continuous removal of a small portion of the water from the open recirculating system
44. The Lockwood Model BDS Blowdown separator is designed to accept pressurized, high temperature water, and separate the flash steam from the liquid condensate for safe disposal
45. Blowdown separators are typically utilized to dispose of boiler blowoff/Blowdown, however, they can also be used for other high temperature sources such as deaerator […]
Blowdown, Boiler, Blowoff, Be
46. Bottom Blowdown valves are connected on the bottom of the pressure vessel and are designed to remove the solids that build up in the bottom of the boiler
Blowdown, Build, Boiler,
47. A controls Blowdown valve is usually on piping attached to the boiler that contains a device related to the boiler water level—most commonly a pump control/ low water cutoff assembly.
48. United Brass 2" 300 ANSI flanged Blowdown valve with quick-open lever handle operation
49. United Brass 525 - 1" NPT Slow Open Blowdown Valve
50. The Blowdown system should be designed such that low temperatures can be accommodated
51. Blowdown of the flowlines should be manually activated and depressurized independent of the facilities-wide emergency Blowdown associated with a confirmed fire or gas detection
52. Blowdown management can be the second largest cost of production, after natural gas usage to generate steam
53. As a result, operators are looking for on-site Blowdown water treatment solutions to remove freshwater from the Blowdown for re-use, and condense all waste to solids for safe and lower cost disposal in certified landfills.
54. The boiler, Blowdown valves, and piping to and from the separator is show as an example of the installation and would be provided by others
Boiler, Blowdown, Be, By
55. The inlet should be piped from the boiler Blowdown valves, using sch
Be, Boiler, Blowdown
56. Water removed from this depth, termed skimmer Blowdown, removes the greatest amount of solids in the least amount of boiler water
57. Skimmer Blowdown is the most efficient means of controlling cycles of concentration, but bottom Blowdown is essential to prevent the build-up of sludge
Blowdown, But, , Build
58. BC3150 Blowdown Controller: English: IM-P403-88: Download PDF: BC3200 and BC3210 Blowdown Controllers: English: IM-P403-53-US: Download PDF: BC3250 Blowdown Controller: English: IM-P403-89: Download PDF: BCS1 Pipeline Set: English: IM-P403-55-US: Download PDF: BCV Blowdown Control Valves half inch to 2inch: English: IM-P403_103-US: Download PDF
59. As nouns the difference between Blowdown and purging is that Blowdown is (chemical engineering) the removal of liquid and solid hydrocarbons from a refinery vessel by the use of pressure while purging is the act by which something is purged
Between, Blowdown, By
60. Blowdown Tanks A Blowdown tank is a vessel designed to accept boiler Blowdown water and safely discharge the flash steam to a vent
61. The Blowdown tank is different from the Blowdown separator because it stores the water collected
62. IMPORTANT: Before using the Blowdown tank for the first time or operating the steam generator equipped with an automatic Blowdown valve, the Blowdown Tank must be filled with cold water to the center of the gauge glass level
Before, Blowdown, Be
63. Open the cold water supply valve until the level is about half way up the Blowdown tank gauge glass
64. The Blowdown tool only allows one vessel to be defined in a single calculation, therefore suction and discharge scrubber volumes are combined into one vessel
65. Figure 3 below shows the input to Blowdown, and Figure 4 shows a schematic generated by Blowdown
Below, Blowdown, By
66. Figure 3: Input to Blowdown where system inventory (pipes and vessels) are entered
Definition of blowdown. 1 : an instance of trees being blown down by the wind. 2 : a tree blown down; also : an area of such trees.
Blowdown is the removal of water from a boiler with the help of a blowdown valve. This valve removes the dissolved solids in the boiler water through the boiler exit port. The term blowdown is associated with fuel-fired boilers common in industry.
Blowdown helps to remove suspended solid particles from the system. Suspended particles can gather and erode the boiler pipes if they are not removed. The percentage of boiler blowdown is calculated with the formula: Percentage Blowdown = Quantity of Blowdown Water / Feed Water Quantity x 100.
Surface blowdown. Surface blowdown continuously bleeds off a low volume of water from within the boiler as a means of ridding the boiler of dissolved impurities. It is most effective to remove water with the highest level of impurities; and such water is found where steam separates in the steam drum at the top of the boiler.