bleak (adjective) · bleaker (comparative adjective) · bleakest (superlative adjective)
bleak (noun) · bleaks (plural noun)
1. Bleak definition is - exposed and barren and often windswept
2. Bleak definition, bare, desolate, and often windswept: a Bleak plain
3. Pl. Bleak or Bleaks Any of various small European freshwater fishes of the genus Alburnus, having silvery scales
4. Bleak weather is cold and unpleasant
5. C2 If a situation is Bleak, there is little or no hope for the future: The economic outlook is Bleak.
6. Some common synonyms of Bleak are cheerless, desolate, dismal, dreary, and gloomy
7. While all these words mean "devoid of cheer or comfort," Bleak suggests chill, dull, and barren characteristics that utterly dishearten
8. The Bleak years of the depression When is cheerless a more appropriate choice than Bleak?
9. It was a Bleak image of the future, with an urgent call to action — one that was more or less ignored by the federal government
10. Something that is Bleak is gloomy and depressing
11. If it's raining and dark, you might describe the night as Bleak. If you have looked for work and no one will hire you, you could describe your prospects as Bleak.
12. The definition of Bleak is something that is gloomy, somber or exposed to wind and cold
13. An example of Bleak is a dark, stormy and dreary day.
14. Bleak is an acronym for Bluetooth Low Energy platform Agnostic Klient
15. Free software: MIT license; Documentation: https://Bleak.readthedocs.io
16. Bleak is a GATT client software, capable of connecting to BLE devices acting as GATT servers
17. “The Lost Causes of Bleak Creek reminded me, lovingly and longingly, of films like The Goonies or The Lost Boys—those kind of throwback narratives that make you recall what it was like to be a kid: the close friendships, that strange and needful breed of fear you only feel at that age, and the looming threat of adulthood lurking at the
18. A Bleak [=dreary] concrete building with few windows [+] more examples [-] hide examples [+] Example sentences [-] Hide examples
19. [=grim, depressing] Their chances of winning the game were Bleak
20. Dude when I heard they had cancelled the gig, I was Bleak
21. Hey,stop your whining, you are making me Bleak
22. A Bleak outlook/prospect The future looks Bleak for the fishing industry
23. The medical prognosis was Bleak. They faced a financially Bleak Christmas.
24. Bleak is a GATT client software, capable of connecting to BLE devices acting as GATT servers
25. Definition of Bleak in the Definitions.net dictionary
26. What does Bleak mean? Information and translations of Bleak in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
27. Bleak, (Alburnus alburnus), small, slender fish of the carp family, Cyprinidae, found in rivers and lakes of England and Europe
28. ‘A Bleak exposé of the risk came in a remarkably frank report by Jiang protge Zeng Qinghong, head of the party's powerful organization department.’ ‘People in such Bleak circumstances often acted upon desperation.’ ‘Conditions are so Bleak in so many areas we seem on the verge of a social emergency.’
29. Bleak - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
30. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Bleak adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (empty, stark) lóbrego/a adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa grande", "mujer alta")
31. Bleak is a 9 minute progressive metal journey featuring crushing riffs, beautiful acoustic interludes, and a melodic (but not corny) chorus
32. Adjective If a situation is Bleak, it is bad, and seems unlikely to improve
33. The immediate outlook remains Bleak. Many predicted a Bleak future.
34. Bleak House is a novel by Charles Dickens, first published as a 20-episode serial between March 1852 and September 1853
35. The novel has many characters and several sub-plots, and is told partly by the novel's heroine, Esther Summerson, and partly by an omniscient narrator.At the centre of Bleak House is a long-running legal case in the Court of Chancery, Jarndyce and Jarndyce, which comes about
36. Traduzioni aggiuntive: Inglese: Italiano: Bleak adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (raw, cold) gelido, tagliente agg aggettivo: Descrive o specifica un sostantivo: "Una persona fidata" - "Con un cacciavite piccolo" - "Questioni controverse": Frank planned to stay inside all day to avoid the Bleak winter weather.
37. Bleak House (TV Mini-Series 2005) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more.
38. Explore 119 Bleak Quotes by authors including Allen Klein, Sarah Paulson, and Jacques Yves Cousteau at BrainyQuote.
39. Examples of Bleak in a sentence
40. At the funeral, the widow looked Bleak and lost
41. 🔊 Jim has been drinking a lot of beer lately because of his Bleak job situation
42. 🔊 To the young girl, her upcoming marriage to the elderly man signaled a Bleak future
43. 🔊 The yard looks incredibly Bleak
44. Word forms: Bleaker, Bleakest 1
45. Adjective If a situation is Bleak, it is bad, and seems unlikely to improve
46. The immediate outlook remains Bleak.
47. From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Bleak Bleak / bliːk / adjective 1 HOPE without anything to make you feel happy or hopeful a Bleak future/prospect The company still hopes to find a buyer, but the future looks Bleak
48. 2 SAD/UNHAPPY cold and without any pleasant or comfortable features a Bleak January afternoon The landscape was
49. Look Bleak To seem or appear very unfavorable or utterly hopeless; to seem grim or Bleak
50. Whenever things start to look Bleak in life, my children always make me feel immensely better
51. After reviewing the fourth quarter financials, things are looking pretty Bleak for the company
52. See also: Bleak, look paint a (some kind of) picture of (something) To
53. The property named Bleak House, the Chancery, lawyers, and mud, muck, and darkness that was so much a part of London in those days is the backdrop for the Dickens' social justice theme here
54. Provided to YouTube by DistroKidBleak · Revolt Production MusicBleak℗ Revolt Production MusicReleased on: 2015-12-06Auto-generated by YouTube.
55. Bleak Inlet is a cold and windy region of ruined coastal industry, and a ring of wilderness around it's namesake inlet of weak ice
56. Entry to Bleak Inlet can be done through a cave system from Forlorn Muskeg or via a ledge by climbing into The Ravine's basin.
57. The Bleak prefers open waters and is found in large numbers where an inflow of food from pumping stations or behind weirs occurs
58. The Bleak spawns near the shore in shallow waters
59. The Bleak is an important food source for predatory fish
60. The Bleak landscape of the present day contains striking evidence of this period of settlement in the form of more than 150 standing stones, some over 5 m
61. I look around, and the Bleak landscape leads me to wonder what use a place like this would have for China, a …
62. Definition and synonyms of Bleak from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
63. This is the British English definition of Bleak.View American English definition of Bleak.
64. The winters in the north are long, dark, and Bleak
65. Bleak House, novel by British author Charles Dickens, published serially in 1852–53 and in book form in 1853 and considered to be among his best work
66. Crossword Clue The crossword clue Bleak with 8 letters was last seen on the October 30, 2020.We think the likely answer to this clue is DESOLATE.Below are all possible answers to this clue ordered by its rank
67. David Bruce Bleak (27 February 1932 – 23 March 2006) was a soldier of the United States Army during the Korean War.Bleak rose to the rank of staff sergeant and was awarded the Medal of Honor, the highest military decoration of the United States, for his actions near …
68. MAEVEN2 - Bleak M0CKIN9BIRD - UNBleak M0CKIN9BIRD - Bleak SCHMOOPS9 - UNBleak SCHMOOPS9 - Bleak sPINELESSjELLY - UNBleak TORO66RO - UNBleak TUPADRE - Bleak ZZJAY - UNBleak some mod credits, thx soooo much u all! Women of Skyrim-Enhanced female normalmaps HD ashen race HD XAC - Xenius Armour Compilation by Xenius
69. Bleak Sword is a dark fantasy action game tasking players to struggle across compact, cursed diorama battlefields
70. Through nine tense chapters, heroes must lift the curse of the legendary Bleak Sword by striking down all manner of creatures in every forest, swamp, castle, and dungeon on their journey.
71. Moments from the uncompromisingly Bleak existence of a secretary, her intellectually disabled sister, aloof and uneasy teacher boyfriend, bizarre neighbor and irritating workmate.
72. The first part, a Bluetooth address in Windows and Linux and a UUID in macOS, is what is used for connecting to a device using Bleak
73. The list of objects returned by the discover method are instances of Bleak.backends.device.BLEDevice and has name, address and rssi attributes, as well as a metadata attribute, a dict with keys uuids and manufacturer_data which potentially contains a list of all
74. Early History of the Bleak family
75. This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bleak research
76. Another 97 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1611, 1797, and 1849 are included under the topic Early Bleak History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.