blandishment (noun) · blandishments (plural noun)
See also: Blandishment
1. Examples of Blandishment in a Sentence Recent Examples on the Web The fateful lane change arose out of one mayor’s resistance to such Blandishments.
2. Noun Often Blandishments. something, as an action or speech, that tends to flatter, coax, entice, etc.: Our Blandishments left him unmoved
3. We succumbed to the Blandishments of tropical living.
4. Blandishment synonyms, Blandishment pronunciation, Blandishment translation, English dictionary definition of Blandishment
5. The noun Blandishment is related to the old-fashioned verb blandish meaning "to coax with flattery, or kind words." A Blandishment is often teasing in tone, and the intention to persuade is usually thinly veiled
6. Your brother may use a Blandishment or two to get you to do his chores, and you're going to know exactly what he's after.
7. The definition of Blandishment is the use of flattery to get something or to get someone to do something
8. An example of a Blandishment is telling a friend how beautiful she is in order to entice her to buy …
9. Blandishments She pleads with all her Blandishments for forgiveness, while he, burrowing into his soul, can hardly find a reason to embrace her again
10. From the Cambridge English Corpus There was obviously no prospect of securing carriers, so further Blandishments …
11. Definition of Blandishment the use of flattery (sweet-talk) and enticements to persuade somebody gently to do something Examples of Blandishment in a sentence Even though the salesman produced every Blandishment he could think of from his bag of tricks, his prospect wouldn’t be budged by his flattery
12. On this page you will find the solution to Blandishment crossword clue
13. "Graphic Blandishment," therefore, is a fancier way to give the animators of the Charlie Brown special their due and set them apart from the other crew members
14. What is the definition of Blandishment? What is the meaning of Blandishment? How do you use Blandishment in a sentence? What are synonyms for Blandishment?
15. Something, as an action or speech, that tends to flatter, coax, entice, etc Our Blandishments left him unmoved We succumbed to the Blandishments of tropical living Most …
16. To this Blandishment they were never averse or inaccessible, and Gerald inherited the trait in all its strength
17. GERALD FITZGERALD CHARLES JAMES LEVER He tried every persuasion and Blandishment in his power, but she still remained obstinate
18. Blandishments definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation
19. Blandishment in a sentence - Use "Blandishment" in a sentence 1
20. This time, he did not resist their Blandishments about work
21. But people with wine experience usually are wary of such Blandishments
22. Click for more sentences of Blandishment
23. Blandishment (also: adulation, backslapping, flattery, obsequiousness, sycophancy, toadying, toadyism)
24. A widow's degree of Blandishment is conservatively estimated at twenty-five spinster power
25. Joan has big, wondering eyes, which she already uses for cajolery and Blandishment
26. To this Blandishment they were never averse or inaccessible, and Gerald inherited the trait in all its strength.
27. Those locks which stung like scorpions along her cheeks were bent, and her neck was bowed in Blandishment, and her hips quivered as she went.
28. Definition of Blandishment in the Definitions.net dictionary
29. What does Blandishment mean? Information and translations of Blandishment in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
30. See synonyms for Blandishment on Thesaurus.com noun usually Blandishments A flattering or pleasing statement or action used to persuade someone gently to do something.
31. Blandishment (n.) "flattering speech," 1590s, from blandish + -ment
32. Sense of "that which pleases, allurement" (often Blandishments) is from 1590s.
33. See authoritative translations of Blandishment in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
34. Use Blandishment in a sentence,document about use Blandishment in a sentence,download an entire use Blandishment in a sentence document onto your computer
35. Find more ways to say Blandishment, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at T, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
36. Definition, Synonyms, Translations of Blandishments by The Free Dictionary
37. Blandishment - Dictionary definition and meaning for word Blandishment
38. Definition (noun) the act of urging by means of teasing or flattery Synonyms: wheedling Mnemonics (Memory Aids) for Blandishment
39. Synonyms for Blandishment in Free Thesaurus
40. 10 synonyms for Blandishment: adulation, blarney, flattery, incense, oil, slaver, soft soap
41. Blandishment poking her head into his office with a bit of news: I just called the printer; he says that Mr
42. Their condition of domiciliary comradeship put her, as the woman, to such disadvantage by its enforced intercourse, that he felt it unfair to her to exercise any pressure of Blandishment which he might have honestly employed had she been
43. Graphic Blandishment is a term also known as "Animation"
44. Blandishment definition: the act of blandishing; cajolery Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
45. Hypernyms ("Blandishment" is a kind of): enticement; temptation (the act of influencing by exciting hope or desire) Hyponyms (each of the following is a kind of "Blandishment"): ingratiation; insinuation (the act of gaining acceptance or affection for yourself by persuasive and subtle Blandishments) Derivation:
46. Blandishment: Meaning and Definition of
47. Often,something, as an action or speech, that tends to flatter, coax, entice, etc.: Our Blandishments left him unmoved
48. We succumbed to the Blandishments of tropical living.
49. Blandishment (also: cajolery, flattery, ingratiation) volume_up
50. Open_in_new Link to European Parliament; warning Request revision; They feel vulnerable to Blandishments or the simple invasion of boats from parts of the world other than the EU.
51. What does Blandishments mean? Plural form of Blandishment
52. The Thai position has been seen as both a rebuke to Washington and an accommodation to Beijing’s aggressive carrot-and-stick diplomacy, which includes both the Blandishment of massive
53. One person's Blandishment is another person's deceit, and on this theory, crime
54. Because the Sudanese government recognizes this as well, it will resist any such deployment, regardless of foreign threats and Blandishments.
55. 16 She is a tricky girl , you should be careful ,[www.Sentencedict.com] don't be cheated by her Blandishment so that in her purpose
56. 17 Under no circumstances must he lent himself to any additional Blandishment or languishments in this field.
57. Find 15 ways to say Blandishment, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
58. Blandishment n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc
59. Russian words for Blandishment include льстивая речь, обольщение, упрашивание, лесть and уговаривание
60. Blandishment - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
61. Blandishment, on the other hand, is being gentle with the ignorant as he is being taught