blackball (verb) · blackballs (third person present) · blackballed (past tense) · blackballed (past participle) · blackballing (present participle) · black-ball (verb) · black-balls (third person present) · black-balled (past tense) · black-balled (past participle) · black-balling (present participle)
1. English Language Learners Definition of Blackball : to prevent (someone) from joining a group, club, etc., by voting against him or her See the full definition for Blackball in …
2. Blackball To cosnpire to ruin someones reputation untill they become unemployable and people refuse to associate with them
3. After he cancelled that concert his manager Blackballed him
4. Blackball is a truly multidisciplinary team with expertise in film and advertising production at a national and international level
5. +39 02 82872115 [email protected]Blackball.tv
6. Blackball most commonly means to blacklist someone or otherwise ban, reject, or unfairly prevent them from joining an organization or participating in something
7. The act of doing so can also be called a Blackball. …
8. Established in 1987, Blackball Rentertainment has serviced the entertainment industry throughout Southern Africa with high quality products at competitive prices.
9. 6 synonyms of Blackball from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 6 related words, definitions, and antonyms
10. Find another word for Blackball
11. Blackball: to reject by or as if by a vote.
12. Blackball (also known as National Lampoon's Blackball) is a 2003 British sports comedy film, based on the game of lawn bowls.The screenplay was written by Tim Firth, and the film was directed by Mel Smith
13. Blackball is a small town on the West Coast of the South Island of New Zealand, approximately 29 km from Greymouth
14. The town was named after the Black Ball Shipping Line, which leased land in the area to mine for coal. Blackball was a centre of New Zealand radicalism and workers' militancy.
15. Well the Blackball History Group is up and running again, full of enthusiastic members we are reaching out to the public for your help
16. Specialties: Blackball Taiwanese Desserts specialize on grass jelly, herbal jelly, aiyu jelly with taro ball, sweet potato ball, peanut and sesame rice ball, and other delicious toppings
17. This good Monsieur de Blackball is not very well bred; but, for an Englishman, he is not too bad
18. THE NEWCOMES WILLIAM MAKEPEACE THACKERAY Blackball and Loder, Cruchecassee and Schlangenbad, assumed sympathetic countenances
19. Blackball: 1 v vote against; refuse to endorse; refuse to assent Synonyms: negative , veto Types: defeat , kill , shoot down , vote down , vote out thwart the passage of Type of: contradict , controvert , oppose be resistant to v expel from a community or group Synonyms: ban , banish , cast out , ostracise , ostracize , shun Type of: expel ,
20. National Lampoon's Blackball ( 45 ) IMDb 5.6 1 h 36 min 2005 16+ When slick American sports agent Rick Schwartz (Vince Vaughn) takes Cliff under his wing, his antics, attitude and natural ability turn him into a national icon in director Mel Smith's offbeat British comedy.
21. Blackball (v.) also black-ball, "to exclude from a club by adverse votes," 1770, from black (adj.) + ball (n.1)
22. Related: Blackballed; Blackballing.
23. Blackball (2003) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more.
24. Get your Blackball merch now: https://shopctrlthenarrative.com/collections/Blackball-documentary-merchBlackballdoc.comsponsored byV1 Studios: https://www.v1g
25. Blackball - Your evil ways have found their way inside me Blackball - The new disease Blackball - The new disease Blackball - For a better life in this high tech dog eat dog existence Submit Corrections
26. Blackball definition: If the members of a club Blackball someone, they vote against that person being allowed Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
27. ‘In theory at least, any one of its 148 members could Blackball an agreement.’ ‘Failure to reply with a swift ‘Yes’, even a slight hesitation, was enough to Blackball the hopeful candidate.’ ‘You have a situation whereby a member from a home state can essentially Blackball a nominee, and the nominee never knows what hit them.’
28. Blackball is an independent Italian production company capable of developing and offering unique solutions through a wide range of projects delivered by different media channels, content platforms and innovative format solutions
29. Blackball is Zotiyac's 6 th overall project which was released on June 9, 2018
30. Blackball To actively keep someone from doing or participating in something, often by voting against their inclusion or involvement
31. For his horrible treatment of women, he definitely deserves to be Blackballed by the entertainment industry
32. Blackball (one) To actively keep one from doing or participating in something, often by voting against their
33. Blackball definition, to vote against (a candidate, applicant, etc.)
34. Blackball pool (sometimes written black ball), also known as reds and yellows and English eight-ball, is a pool game originating in the United Kingdom and popularized across Europe and The Commonwealth, such as Australia and South Africa.In the UK and Ireland it is usually called simply "pool"
35. Blackball Lyrics: J.U.S.T.I.C.E
36. League / All these chains that I'm wearing is not ordinary / My watches and my rings is not ordinary / Shawty what's the boo / They tryna Blackball me / (Fuckboys
37. 179 reviews of Blackball Desserts "This is a new location for Blackball, located in the heart of Chinatown
38. Blackball Flip the script The veil of silence must be ripped Blackball I am the freedom that you flay I am the guilt that you display I am the scream you cannot help I am the corpse that you felch Blackball Burn 'em down Run the traitors out of town Blackball Wipe 'em out Turn the triumph into rout Blackball Hang 'em high Get them right between
39. Originally published in 1988, Blackball Stars is a biography of 27 of the greatest players & executives in the history of baseball
40. Blackball had its biggest Mayday yet with over 100 people in attendance
41. The day started with Te Puawai Co-operative’s shareholders giving the go ahead to facilitate the establishing of a Blackball-based shuttle and relocation service for the Paparoa Track Great Walk.
42. Blackball Lyrics: In this world of hate and shallowness / Where enemies become your consolation / And those of us who win the game / Give up their minds / I don't call that winning / Say this doesn'
43. Blackball is a dessert bar that creates the Taiwanese shaved ice dessert with a twist
44. Besides the 12 Blackball signatures to choose from, if you're feeling adventurous, create your own flavour by choosing from toppings including chewy pearls, fragrant yam, sesame balls & more.
45. Blackball From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Related topics: Voting , Organizations Blackball black‧ball / ˈblækbɔːl $ -bɒːl / verb [ transitive ] PPV SSO to vote against someone, especially so that they cannot join a club or social group → See Verb table Examples from the Corpus Blackball • In 1962, Freed was fined
The slang terms "Blackball", "Blackballing" and "Blackballed" are nouns which is used in rap/hip-hop music by rappers to represent shunning or shutting someone out of the music industry. Blackball means to shun and exclude from the industry.
black·ball. (blăk′bôl′) n. 1. A negative vote, especially one that blocks the admission of an applicant to an organization. 2. A small black ball used as a negative ballot.
Blackballing is a rejection in a traditional form of secret ballot, where a white ball or ballot constitutes a vote in support and a black ball signifies opposition. The system is typically used where an organisation's rules provide that one or two objections, rather than an at-least-50% share of votes, are sufficient to defeat a proposition.
banish, ban, ostracize, ostracise, shun, cast out, blackball(verb) expel from a community or group. Synonyms: ostracize, veto, toss, relegate, cast out, toss out, fling, eschew, banish, chuck out, dispose, ban, throw away, bar, censor, cast away, ostracise, cast aside, throw out, negative, put away, toss away, discard, shun.