bivouac (noun) · bivouacs (plural noun)
1. He defined the noun Bivouac as "the guard or watch of a whole army, as in cases of great danger of surprise or attack" and the verb as "to watch or be on guard, as a whole army." The French word is …
2. Bivouac is a top shopping destination in Ann Arbor and offers a wide selection of clothing, accessories, indie designer pieces, and popular street brands to outfit your life for the great outdoors (or indoors).
3. About Bivouac; Bivouac Outdoor provides quality outdoor clothing, camping gear and outdoor equipment from the world’s best brands for camping, climbing, tramping, training, snow sports and travel
4. 55787 Bivouac Rd , Bend, OR 97707-2304 is currently not for sale
5. Bivouac Sd Jam Blackberry may not be available near you
6. Bivouac is the second studio album by American punk band Jawbreaker, released on Tupelo Recording Company and Communion Records in 1992 on CD, LP and cassette
7. In contrast to their later albums which were entirely written by Schwarzenbach, Bivouac has been described as Jawbreaker's "most collaborative" album; the songs "Sleep", "P.S.
8. Bivouac definition, a military encampment made with tents or improvised shelters, usually without shelter or protection from enemy fire
9. / ˈbɪv.u.æk / a temporary shelter or camp for sleeping in outside, that is not a tent: The children made a Bivouac at the bottom of the garden with some poles and an old blanket.
10. The Bivouac was first released boxed in U.S
11. The daily Bivouac will be in a site previously chosen by the organization which will remain the same for all the adventure
12. Shop the latest in men's clothing, footwear and accessories available now at Bivouac and enjoy our price match guarantee on all outdoor clothing, gear and more.
13. The battered Bivouac has been replaced with a modern tent and a pickup
14. Indian riflemen positioned in the bluffs north of camp fired blindly into the Bivouac throughout the night, sending soldiers fleeing for cover in near-perfect darkness.
15. 25 synonyms of Bivouac from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 30 related words, definitions, and antonyms
16. Bivouac: a place where a group of people live for a short time in tents or cabins.
17. The conjoint movement of the leaders toward the Indian Bivouac was a signal for their followers to mingle and exchange greetings
18. OVERLAND JOHN WILLIAM DE FOREST Ten minutes later they mounted and left their Bivouac under the guidance of Lanzi
19. Bivouac is a licensed restaurant in the heart of Northbridge, offering Eastern-inspired share plates, fine wines & cheeky cocktails
20. The four were forced to Bivouac and used their Eddie Bauer down clothing for shelter
21. Bivouac is a camp-themed board game that tasks players with creating their own Camp/Retreat Center
22. Bivouac: 1 n temporary living quarters specially built by the army for soldiers Synonyms: camp , cantonment , encampment Types: boot camp camp for training military recruits hutment an encampment of huts (chiefly military) laager , lager a camp defended by a circular formation of wagons Type of: military quarters living quarters for personnel
23. Experience Bivouac Swinton Bivouac is part of the 20,000 acre Swinton Estate and a rural experience for friends and family
24. Bivouac Outdoor provides quality outdoor clothing, camping gear and outdoor equipment from the world’s best brands for camping, climbing, tramping, training, snow sports and travel
25. Bivouac - a site where people on holiday can pitch a tent
26. A Bivouac is a temporary camp made by soldiers or mountain climbers
27. Verb If you Bivouac in a particular place, you stop and stay in a Bivouac there
28. We Bivouacked on the outskirts of the city.
29. Bivouac, the third team announced in the 2019 BIG3 expansion, headlines three former Detroit Pistons in captain Josh Smith along with co-captains Will Bynum and Shawne Williams
30. 78 reviews of Bivouac "This is a really schitzy place
31. All the stats, form and information about race horse - Bivouac available at RACING.COM – The first destination for Australian Horse Racing.
32. With "Camel Bivouac Merzouga agency" you will explore and enjoy all that Erg chebbi desert has to offer, crossing the beautiful sand dunes of the sahara and spending nights in the desert beneath a stunning canopy of stars in a traditional nomad Bivouac camp.
33. Bivouac is set in Lake Tekapo and offers barbecue facilities
34. ‘The battered Bivouac has been replaced with a modern tent and a pickup.’ ‘Our cozy shelter had become a miserable Bivouac.’ ‘At noon, after an exhausting two and a half-mile march, Miles ordered the troops into an early Bivouac in a horseshoe bend of the river and directed the …
35. A sea of fire lay before them in the darkness of the night, licking up the cabins and the Bivouacs; cries of despair, howls, and imprecations reached their ears; they saw against the flames thousands of human beings with agonized or furious faces.
36. Stream Bivouac (Remastered) by Jawbreaker and tens of millions of other songs on all your devices with Amazon Music Unlimited
37. By calling either of these numbers, messages or requests for a return phone call can be communicated to David Strodel, Bivouac Director
38. Bivouac knows how to roast coffee, this much I know is true
39. Huge fan of naturally processed coffees, and a massive fan of Bivouac
40. Synonyms for Bivouac in Free Thesaurus
41. 13 synonyms for Bivouac: camp, cantonment, encampment, campground, camping area, camping ground, camping
42. Swinton Bivouac offers glamping accommodation in the 20,000 acre Swinton Estate, located 4.2 miles from Masham
43. Bivouac France, Aix-en-Provence (Aix-en-Provence, France)
44. Bivouac propose une gamme de Hamacs, made in Bali, en toile de parachute ultra résistante,
Definition of bivouac. (Entry 1 of 2) 1 : a usually temporary encampment under little or no shelter. 2a : encampment usually for a night. b : a temporary or casual shelter or lodging.
Synonyms for bivouac. Did You Know? In his 1841 dictionary, Noah Webster observed bivouac to be a French borrowing having military origins. He defined the noun bivouac as "the guard or watch of a whole army, as in cases of great danger of surprise or attack" and the verb as "to watch or be on guard, as a whole army.".
A bivouac shelter is any of a variety of improvised camp site or shelter that is usually of a temporary nature, used especially by soldiers or persons engaged in scouting and mountain climbing. It may often refer to sleeping in the open with a bivouac sack, but it may also refer to a shelter constructed...
noun [ C ] uk /ˈbɪv.u.æk/ us /ˈbɪv.u.æk/. › a temporary shelter or camp for sleeping in outside, that is not a tent: The children made a bivouac at the bottom of the garden with some poles and an old blanket. › (also bivouac tent) a small, light tent that is just big enough for one or two people to lie in.