1. The flower girl delightedly Bestrewed the aisle with rose petals Recent Examples on the Web Home to more than 230 species of plants and a balanced assortment of insects—bees prominent among them—the garden is Bestrewn …
Bestrewed, Balanced, Bees, Bestrewn
2. To strew (a surface) with things so as to cover it: The crowd Bestrewed the streets with confetti
3. From Middle English bistrewen, from Old English bestrēowian (“to Bestrew, besprinkle”), equivalent to be- + strew
Bistrewen, Bestr, Bestrew, Besprinkle, Be
4. Cognate with Dutch bestrooien (“to sprinkle, Bestrew”), German bestreuen (“to sprinkle, …
Bestrooien, Bestrew, Bestreuen
5. / bɪˈstruː / us / bɪˈstruː / Bestrewed Bestrewn or Bestrewed to lie covering a surface, or to cover a surface with things that are far apart and in no particular arrangement: During the festival, the city streets are Bestrewn …
6. 8 synonyms of Bestrew from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 10 related words, definitions, and antonyms
7. Bestrew: to cover by or as if …
8. Synonyms for Bestrew include scatter, strew, sprinkle, pepper, sow, spray, dot, spot, disperse and distribute
9. Definition of Bestrew in the Definitions.net dictionary
10. What does Bestrew mean? Information and translations of Bestrew in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions …
11. Bestrew; mow; oversew; resew; resow; ripsaw; saw; sew; sow; strew; whipsaw; Firefox and Chrome users: install a shortcut (Firefox or Chrome) then type "conj Bestrew" in your address bar for the fastest conjugations
12. Bestrew It is conjugated like: show
13. Infinitive: present participle: past participle: (to) Bestrew Bestrewing
14. Children climb about its walls and windows; cockneys scratch their names, and picnic parties Bestrew the grass with paper
15. HIGHWAYS AND BYWAYS IN SURREY ERIC PARKER He kept sending flowers, as if to Bestrew the path of his retreat, which was never the path of a return
16. Bestrew in American English (biˈstru ; bɪˈstru) verb transitive Word forms: beˈstrewed, beˈstrewed or beˈstrewn, beˈstrewing 1.
Bestrew, Bi, Be
17. To strew (a surface) with things so as to cover it: The crowd Bestrewed the streets with confetti
18. Spanish Translation of “Bestrew” The official Collins English-Spanish Dictionary online
19. See authoritative translations of Bestrew in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
20. Usage examples of "Bestrew"
21. Sometimes, as the road was cut through the pine woods that seemed in the darkness to be closing down upon us, great masses of greyness which here and there Bestrewed the trees, produced a peculiarly weird and solemn effect, which carried on the thoughts and grim fancies engendered earlier in the evening, when the falling sunset threw into strange relief the ghost
22. Meaning and definitions of Bestrew, translation of Bestrew in Bengali language with similar and opposite words
23. Spoken pronunciation of Bestrew in English and in Bengali
24. Tags for the entry "Bestrew" What Bestrew means in Bengali, Bestrew meaning in Bengali, Bestrew definition, explanation, pronunciations and examples of Bestrew in Bengali.
25. Bestrew: 1 v cover by strewing Type of: straw , strew spread by scattering ("straw" is archaic)
26. Bestrew 12 is a valid Scrabble Word in NWL, formerly TWL (USA, Thailand, Canada) Bestrew 12 is a valid Scrabble Word in CSW, formerly SOWPODS (Other Countries) Bestrew 13 …
27. Bestrew: To strew (a surface) with things so as to cover it
28. The trouble is that the way they respond to the temptations that Bestrew the path of a political hopeful sexual, financial, whatever, are indicative of the kind of person they are, and the kind of leader they will make.
29. Bestrow definition, an archaic variant of Bestrew
30. Dictionary entry overview: What does Bestrew mean? • Bestrew (verb) The verb Bestrew has 1 sense:
31. Cover by strewing Familiarity information: Bestrew used as a verb is very rare.
32. Bestrew 'Bestrew' is a 7 letter word starting with B and ending with W Crossword clues for 'Bestrew' Clue Answer; Scatter over (7) Bestrew: Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Bestrew We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Bestrew will help you to finish your crossword today
33. Though highly conventional markers of femininity Bestrew the novel--Zenobia's hothouse flower, associating her with Beatrice, Rappacini's ill-fated daughter (41), Priscilla's purse (intriguingly, Coverdale reveals that he, too, possesses one) (33)--especially sharp spikes line the markers of manhood.
34. Conjugate Bestrew in every English verb tense including present, past, and future.
35. Bestrew translation in English - Spanish Reverso dictionary, see also 'bestride',bestrode',best',bestir', examples, definition, conjugation
Bestrew, Bestride, Bestrode, Best, Bestir
36. Synonyms for Bestrews in Free Thesaurus
37. 2 words related to Bestrew: strew, straw
38. What are synonyms for Bestrews?
39. Spanish words for Bestrew include desparramar and sembrar
40. We found 24 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word Bestrew: Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "Bestrew" is defined
41. General (23 matching dictionaries) Bestrew: Merriam-Webster.com [home, info] Bestrew: Oxford Dictionaries [home, info]
42. Top synonyms for Bestrew (other words for Bestrew) are spread, scatter and sprinkle.
43. Bestrew Meaning in English to Urdu is چھڑکنا, as written in Urdu and Chirakna, as written in Roman Urdu
44. There are many synonyms of Bestrew which include Diffuse, Distribute, Infuse, Interfuse, Interlard, Intermix, Pepper, Sprinkle, etc.
45. Find words for Bestrew in Spanish in this Spanish-English dictionary
46. Traducir Bestrew de Inglés a español.
47. Bestrew Meaning in Hindi is खिंडाना
48. Bestrew is a verb (used with object), Bestrewed, Bestrewed or Bestrewn, Bestrewing by form
Bestrew, Bestrewed, Bestrewn, Bestrewing, By
49. The synonyms and antonyms of Bestrew are listed below.
50. Old English: ·to Bestrew; strew all over, besprinkle Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
51. English verb conjugation to Bestrew to the masculine
52. Irregular verb: Bestrew - Bestrewed - Bestrewed, Bestrewn.
Bestrew, Bestrewed, Bestrewn
53. Conjugation English verb to Bestrew in several modes, tenses, voices, numbers, persons : indicative mode, subjunctive, imperative mood, conditional, participle form
Meaning of bestrew in English. bestrew. › to lie covering a surface, or to cover a surface with things that are far apart and in no particular arrangement: During the festival, the city streets are bestrewn with flowers.
Bestrew: to cover by or as if by scattering something over or on. Synonyms: dot, pepper, scatter… Find the right word.
a slang word for astronauts that originated in the 1950s. a comment toward the Baby Boomer generation that is humorous or ironic in usage. an obsolete slang term about people who speak loudly. before 1000; Middle English bistrewen, Old English bestrēowian. See be-, strew