beset (verb) · besets (third person present) · beset (past tense) · beset (past participle) · besetting (present participle)
1. Beset definition is - to set or stud with or as if with ornaments
2. How to use Beset in a sentence.
3. Beset definition, to attack on all sides; assail; harass: to be Beset by enemies; Beset by difficulties
4. 30 synonyms of Beset from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 98 related words, definitions, and antonyms
5. Beset: to cause persistent suffering to.
6. In a suburb Beset by racial inequities, lawmakers aren’t sure
7. IN MARYLAND’S LARGEST SUBURB, AN AMBITIOUS POLICE OVERHAUL FACES ROADBLOCKS REBECCA TAN, DAN MORSE FEBRUARY 4, 2021 WASHINGTON POST Yet because this outfit has been so Beset by so many off-the-field issues for so long, the progress off the field right now is as important.
8. The Crossword Solver found 73 answers to the Beset crossword clue
9. Name: Beset Pronunciation: Coming soon Alternative names: Gender: Female Type: Goddess Celebration or Feast Day: Unknown at present In charge of: Domestic Protection Area of expertise: Security, Domestic Protection Good/Evil Rating: Unknown at present Popularity index: 2568
10. In the King James Version of the Bible, the word Beset is found in Hebrews 12:1: “Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily Beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is …
11. Inflections of ' Beset ' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
12. Beset means to attack from all sides — an invading army will Beset a castle, or you might find yourself Beset by a devastating storm. Beset also has a very different meaning: to decorate or encrust with jewels or other ornamentation.
13. Definition of Beset in the Definitions.net dictionary
14. What does Beset mean? Information and translations of Beset in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
15. Synonyms for Beset include torment, plague, trouble, afflict, harass, bother, worry, bedevil, torture and vex
16. In the same way there's a subtle difference in the nuance between Beset with and Beset by
17. Beset (v.) Old English Besettan "to put, place; own, keep; occupy, settle; cover, surround with, besiege," from Proto-Germanic *bisatjan (source also of Old Saxon bisettjan, Dutch bezetten, Old High German bisezzan, German Besetzen, Gothic bisatjan); see be-+ set (v.)
18. Inflections of ' Beset ' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
19. Beset someone with something to surround someone with harassment; to harass someone with something
20. Please do not Beset them with problem after problem
21. See 2 authoritative translations of Beset in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
22. What does Beset mean? To Beset is to harass or have trouble on an ongoing basis from multiple sources or from all sides
23. Be‧set /bɪˈset/ verb (past tense and past participle Beset, present participle Besetting) [ transitive] formal 1 to make someone experience serious problems or dangers be Beset with/by something The business has been Beset with financial problems.
24. In this usage, a person or group can be indicated between "Beset" and "with." I'll make sure the kids don't Beset the babysitter with lots of demands today
25. The senator's office has been Beset with angry calls from constituents
26. Beset: The Lieutenant Harrington Series, Book 2
27. ‘The ship became Beset in the ice of the Weddell Sea on 18 January 1915 and was crushed and sank on 21 November.’ ‘She remains an orphan girl, and, as such, she partakes of the tradition of the orphan girl in the movies: outcast, woebegone, Beset on all sides, but plucky and triumphant in the end.’
28. ‘The ship became Beset in the ice of the Weddell Sea on 18 January 1915 and was crushed and sank on 21 November.’ ‘She remains an orphan girl, and, as such, she partakes of the tradition of the orphan girl in the movies: outcast, woebegone, Beset on all sides, but plucky and triumphant in the end.’
29. Was Beset synonyms, was Beset pronunciation, was Beset translation, English dictionary definition of was Beset
30. Beset by financial troubles, he remained an incorrigible optimist
31. In the 15th century, the Plantagenets were defeated in the Hundred Years' War and Beset with social, political and economic problems
32. Gladstone's government struggled on, Beset by scandal and unimproved by a reshuffle.
33. But the project is Beset from the start by a fiendish enemy, and also that weird phantom of outer space, Zero Gravity.
34. But there's an I-told-you-so attitude in the West Wing — a rare feel-good moment in a second term Beset by a succession of crises.
35. If someone or something is Beset by problems or fears, they have many problems or fears which affect them severely
36. The country is Beset by severe economic problems
37. The discussions were Beset with difficulties
38. Synonyms: plague, trouble, embarrass, torture More Synonyms of Beset
39. Definition of Beset verb in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
40. This is a reference page for Beset verb forms in present, past and participle tenses
41. Check past tense of Beset here.
42. Provided to YouTube by Ditto MusicBeset · Unstoppable BeatsBlue Tape℗ Wesley LittonReleased on: 2021-03-24Auto-generated by YouTube.
43. Probability of a ship becoming Beset in ice along the Northern Sea Route – A Bayesian analysis of real-life data
44. Examples of Beset in a sentence
45. The expectant mother was Beset with a new set of anxieties every time she heard some of her friends’ stories about childbirth
46. 🔊 The company was Beset by a flood of lawsuits after their new invention led to injuries among hundreds of their customers
47. 2 days ago · France's limited lockdown Beset by glitches as cases rise
48. 2 days ago · Beset by challenges during the pandemic, Northeast’s football team has remained resilient By Nate Weitzer Globe Correspondent, Updated March 21, 2021, 6:20 p.m
49. Definition and synonyms of Beset from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
50. This is the British English definition of Beset.View American English definition of Beset.
51. Beset (20) Beset by a curse (1) Beset by a feathered swarm (1) Beset by baying dogs (1) Beset by bugs (1) Beset by butterflies (1) Beset by conflict (1) Beset by controversy (1) Beset by debt (1) Beset by delays (1) Beset by difficulties (1) Beset by dire circumstances (1) Beset by ghosts (1) Beset by marauders (1) Beset by mosquitoes (1) Beset
52. Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group Beset · Bernice West Net Geleen ℗ 2020 Inhoud Huis Musiek Kopie Reg (Pty) Ltd, under exclusive license to Univer
53. We've got 348 rhyming words for Beset » What rhymes with Beset? This page is about the various possible words that rhymes or sounds like Beset.Use it for writing poetry, composing lyrics for your song or coming up with rap verses.
54. 1 day ago · Beset by challenges during the pandemic, Northeast’s football team has remained resilient Nate Weitzer 4 hrs ago
55. Beset', verb transitive preterit tense and participle passive Beset
56. To surround; to inclose; to hem in; to besiege; as, we are Beset with enemies; a city is Beset with troops
57. 2 days ago · France’s limited lockdown Beset by glitches as cases rise