1. Definition of Belief 1 : a state or habit of mind in which trust or confidence is placed in some person or thing her Belief in God a Belief in democracy I bought the table in the Belief that it was an antique
2. Belief definition, something believed; an opinion or conviction: a Belief that the earth is flat
3. Belief synonyms, Belief pronunciation, Belief translation, English dictionary definition of Belief
4. The mental act, condition, or habit of placing trust or confidence in another: My Belief in you is as strong as ever
5. Synonyms & Antonyms of Belief 1 mental conviction of the truth of some statement or the reality of some being or phenomenon a Belief in UFO's led him to relentlessly scan the nighttime skies
6. Find 95 ways to say Belief, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
7. A lot of our Belief framework is learned at an early age from parents and other adult authority figures
8. Many human Beliefs are the cumulative products of …
9. Beliefnet is a lifestyle site that serves as your number one resource for faith, Belief and spirituality
10. There is a significant difference between values and Beliefs
11. Beliefs are assumptions we hold to be true
12. When we use our Beliefs to make decisions, we are assuming the causal relationships of the past, which led to the Belief, will also apply in the future.
13. A Belief is an attitude that something is the case, or that some proposition about the world is true
14. In epistemology, philosophers use the term "Belief" to refer to attitudes about the world which can be either true or false
15. The true story of how love, fear, culture and Belief lead a loving family to tragically kill one of their own during a four day exorcism ceremony.
16. The definition of a Belief is an opinion or something that a person holds to be true
17. Faith in God is an example of a Belief.
18. Synonyms for Belief in Free Thesaurus
19. 50 synonyms for Belief: trust, confidence, faith, conviction, reliance, hopefulness, faith, principles
20. The Crossword Solver found 200 answers to the Belief crossword clue
21. A Closer Look: Belief x Polartec® Spring Supply 01 Now Available
22. Belief, a mental attitude of acceptance or assent toward a proposition without the full intellectual knowledge required to guarantee its truth
23. Believing is either an intellectual judgment or, as the 18th-century Scottish Skeptic David Hume maintained, a special sort of feeling with overtones that differ from those of disBelief.
24. A Belief is a mental attitude that some proposition is true
25. For every given proposition, every person either has or lacks the mental attitude that it is true—there is no middle ground between the presence or absence of a Belief.
26. The feeling of being certain that something exists or is true: His Belief in God gave him hope during difficult times
27. Recent scandals have shaken many people's Belief in (= caused people to have doubts …
28. Distinguishing Fact, Opinion, Belief, and Prejudice
29. Hence, most statements we make in speaking and writing are assertions of fact, opinion, Belief, or prejudice.
30. As the objects of Belief, also, are of a nature similar to those of knowledge, opinion, and doubt, so, again, no criterion of division can be found in them (as in the case of the objects of separate faculties) to distinguish it from other mental states.
31. These negative core Belief examples are typical things that we strongly believe about ourselves when we suffer from low self-esteem, lack of confidence, and mental health
32. It’s easy to see how these core Beliefs about ourselves can lead to long term depression and anxiety.
33. And guided by your Belief theme it will matter only if it gives you a chance to live out your values
34. Belief is a theme in the Executing domain of CliftonStrengths
35. Beliefnet Beliefnet is a lifestyle website providing feature editorial content around the topics of inspiration, spirituality, health, wellness, love and family, news and entertainment.
36. Belief (n.) late 12c., bileave, "confidence reposed in a person or thing; faith in a religion," replacing Old English geleafa "Belief, faith," from West Germanic *ga-laubon "to hold dear, esteem, trust" (source also of Old Saxon gilobo, Middle Dutch gelove, Old High German giloubo, German Glaube), from *galaub-"dear, esteemed," from intensive prefix *ga-+ PIE root *leubh-"to care, desire, love."
37. Belief does a credible job dealing with the great question of the First Cause and with mankind's need for a moral fulcrum
38. The former is a mystery of mysteries, and the latter is surprisingly similar in all Belief systems
39. Belief perseverance typically occurs because people base their Beliefs on information that they find logical, compelling, or attractive in some way
Belief, Because, Base, Beliefs
40. Therefore, even when Beliefs are seemingly disconfirmed by new evidence, the foundation for what the person believes may still exist
Beliefs, By, Believes
41. At times, the Belief will still be maintained because of the
Belief, Be, Because
42. A Belief is an idea one accepts as being true or real
43. Many children have a strong Belief that the Tooth Fairy really does exist.
44. Beliefnet is the most comprehensive online resource for inspiration and spirituality
45. Belief is a feeling of certainty that something exists, is true, or is good
46. One billion people throughout the world are Muslims, united by Belief in one god
Billion, By, Belief
47. Synonyms: trust, confidence, faith, conviction More Synonyms of Belief 2
48. Belief can refer to your trust in a person, your acceptance of some concept or ideal or even Belief in God
49. In a religious context, there is a subtle difference between faith and Belief
50. Belief in religion may imply that you believe the concepts taught in that particular religion are true; you may also believe in the existence of God (in the
51. From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Belief be‧lief / bəˈliːf / S3 W2 noun 1 [singular, uncountable] BELIEVE the feeling that something is definitely true or definitely exists Belief in a strong Belief in God Belief that her sincere Belief that her brother was not the murderer in the Belief that Thieves broke into the building in the mistaken Belief that there was expensive
Belief, Be, Believe, Brother, Broke, Building
52. ‘a Belief that climate can be modified beneficially’ ‘It has a reverence for nature, a Belief that life energy exists in all things, both animate and inanimate.’ ‘I suppose it is a Belief that even if all is lost in this life, not everything is lost.’
Belief, Be, Beneficially, Both
53. ‘A Belief that international peace is the goal to which all nations should strive.’ ‘We are all tied to the Belief that glasses denote intelligence, while not being a guarantee of it.’ ‘We approach our technology with the Belief that it will be the same, but better.’
Belief, Being, Be, But, Better
54. What is Belief? Everyone has Beliefs—some are simple and basic (e.g., my name, age), others complex and controversial (e.g., God? Soul? Politics? Morality?)
Belief, Beliefs, Basic
55. But what is the concept of 'Belief'? What does it take for some statement to be a 'Belief'? And what distinguishes among 'Belief', 'true Belief', and …
But, Belief, Be
56. Explore 1000 Belief Quotes by authors including Franklin D
57. "We have always held to the hope, the Belief, the conviction that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon."
Belief, Better, Beyond
58. An expert on the psychology of Belief examines how our thoughts and feelings, actions and reactions, respond not to the world as it actually is but to the world as we believe it to be.This book explores the psychology of Belief - how Beliefs are formed, how they are influenced both by internal factors, such as perception, memory, reason
Belief, But, Believe, Be, Book, Beliefs, Both, By
59. See 3 authoritative translations of Belief in Spanish with example sentences, phrases and audio pronunciations.
60. Provided to YouTube by Aware/ColumbiaBelief · John MayerContinuum℗ 2006 Aware Records LLCReleased on: 2006-09-11Drums, Producer: Steve JordanBass: Pino Palla