1. Definition of Beleaguered : suffering or being subjected to constant or repeated trouble or harassment an economically Beleaguered city With its life-support system cut off, the Beleaguered college has embarked on a tortuous campaign to keep going.
2. To harass; beset: We are Beleaguered by problems
Beset, Beleaguered, By
3. See synonyms for: beleaguer / Beleaguered on Thesaurus.com verb (used with object) to surround with military forces
4. The Beleaguered company has recently been torn apart by rumours of a bitter feud among its senior executives. Beleaguered by sth This emergency legislation will help U.S
Beleaguered, Been, By, Bitter
5. To harass; beset: We are Beleaguered by problems
Beset, Beleaguered, By
6. Find 25 ways to say Beleaguered, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
7. Adjective Beleaguered A Beleaguered person, organization, or project is experiencing a lot of difficulties, opposition, or criticism
8. 3 adjective Beleaguered A Beleaguered place or army is surrounded by its enemies
9. 3 adjective Beleaguered experiencing difficulties, opposition or criticism 3 adjective Beleaguered surrounded by enemies 3
10. Synonyms for Beleaguered include harassed, aggravated, badgered, hassled, plagued, tormented, troubled, persecuted, pestered and vexed
11. Beleaguered Castle Solitaire: The object of the game is to move all the cards to the foundation piles
12. The much Beleaguered energy group on the heels of the Talisman takeover is drawing attention to the undervalued nature of the oil patch and so you're seeing an uptick of this very sorry group.
13. A Beleaguered person, organization, or project is experiencing a lot of difficulties, opposition, or criticism.
14. Definition and synonyms of Beleaguered from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
15. This is the British English definition of Beleaguered.View American English definition of Beleaguered.
16. In an emotional narrative, Mitchell takes the reader along as she travels to some of the Earth's most Beleaguered areas, including the nearly deforested lands of Madagascar and the declining deserts of Jordan, where the few plant and animal species there struggle to survive and disappearing natural resources threaten the human population.
17. 220: 4,500 British and Indian troops and twelve thousand camp-followers, including some three dozen British wives, children and nannies, found themselves Beleaguered in what Kaye described as little better than ‘sheep-folds on the plain’
British, Beleaguered, Better
18. Beleaguered by the same Negation and despair - English Only forum strike a Beleaguered note - English Only forum which as become increasingly Beleaguered - …
Beleaguered, By, Become
19. The inhabitants of the Beleaguered city had no food or basic supplies
20. The soldiers inside the Beleaguered fortress will …
21. Questions Beleaguered Vaccine Suzi Ring and Marthe Fourcade 33 mins ago Gun groups' success blocking local …
22. What does Beleaguered mean? Simple past tense and past participle of beleaguer
23. ‘‘The more Beleaguered he feels, the more he will dig in his heels,’ said a government figure.’ ‘The other most important individual involved in any game is the referee - the most Beleaguered of all sports people.’ ‘He is Beleaguered, too, by the memories of his dead wife and his victims.’
24. • The Beleaguered ones might threaten complaint
25. • a Beleaguered politician • With school being such a lifeline for my Beleaguered psyche, the long summer vacation presented a uniquely gloomy and purgatorial prospect
26. • There was no respite for the Beleaguered retail sector
27. Betrayed, Bothered, and Beleaguered!(いやいやピカチュウ、やれやれバリヤードThe Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Mr
Betrayed, Bothered, Beleaguered
28. Enemy troops Beleaguered the city
29. There have been seven coup attempts against the Beleaguered government
30. The Beleaguered prime minister is coming under yet more pressure
31. The Beleaguered party leader was forced to
32. The Beleaguered party leader was forced to resign
33. Supplies for the Beleaguered city; Word Origin late 16th cent.: from Dutch belegeren ‘camp round’, from be-‘(all) about’ + leger ‘a camp’ + -ed
Beleaguered, Belegeren, Be
34. See Beleaguered in the Oxford Advanced American Dictionary.
35. The Beleaguered and inefficient police service will not solve a minor crime much less for a major one
36. Travelers, long Beleaguered by pickpockets and con artists, are increasingly targeted by identity thieves
37. She will pose as the concern troll for the Beleaguered middle class while continuing to fill the investors' punch bowl with pricey booze.
Beleaguered, Bowl, Booze
38. 220: *:4,500 British and Indian troops and twelve thousand camp-followers, including some three dozen British wives, children and nannies, found themselves Beleaguered in what Kaye described as little better than ‘sheep-folds on the plain’.
British, Beleaguered, Better
39. The Beleaguered party leader was forced to resign
40. A Beleaguered person, organization, or project is experiencing a lot of difficulties, opposition, or criticism
41. There have been seven coup attempts against the Beleaguered government.
42. Phantoms of a Beleaguered Republic is about the breakdown of settlements and the abiding vulnerabilities of a Constitution that gave scant attention to administrative power
43. Beleaguered Castle is a solitaire card game played with a deck of 52 playing cards
44. Beleaguered Castle is a patience or solitaire card game played with a deck of 52 playing cards
45. It is sometimes described as "Freecell without cells" because its game play is somewhat akin to the popular solitaire computer game of that name but without extra empty spaces to maneuver.Beleaguered Castle is also called Laying Siege and Sham Battle.
Because, But, Beleaguered, Battle
46. Beleaguered Truth begins where Messenger's Shattered Triangle leaves off, with an expanded first-person confession of the crime that was the focus of the first book in the series
Beleaguered, Begins, Book
47. Beleaguered State Bank (BSB) holds $500 million in deposits and maintains a reserve ratio of 20 percent
Beleaguered, Bank, Bsb
48. Beleaguered State Bank Assets Liabilities Reserves $ million Deposits million Loans $ million Now suppose that BSB's largest depositor withdraws $25 million in cash from her account.
Beleaguered, Bank, Bsb
49. The Beleaguered Assistant is not, and would probably have called it quits a long time ago, but stays around either out of a sense of duty, having been assigned to his post by the military or another authority, or because they owe their boss, or someone else, a fairly big favor, or simply out of fear for the repercussions (being labeled a
Beleaguered, But, Been, By, Because, Boss, Big, Being
50. A Beleaguered Bureaucrat (in charge of "Xeno-Cultural Gestalt Clearance", i.e., relations with extraterrestrials) is the protagonist of the short story "Birth of A Salesman" by James Tiptree Jr
Beleaguered, Bureaucrat, Birth, By
51. Phantoms of a Beleaguered Republic The Deep State and The Unitary Executive Stephen Skowronek, John A
52. The Beleaguered House speaker could use a refresher course in constitutional : 11
53. Beleaguered in a sentence - Use "Beleaguered" in a sentence 1
54. Even Beleaguered cities like Detroit and Chicago have achieved fiscal stability
55. Somewhere in Miami today, the Beleaguered Eric Davis is laughing
56. Click for more sentences of Beleaguered: 12
57. If we manage to find a solution to this issue which has Beleaguered the Union for many years, we will be making a notable contribution to our endeavours to regulate better
Beleaguered, Be, Better
58. Return of Su’a-Filo will boost Bengals’ Beleaguered O-line By MITCH STACY December 2, 2020 GMT New York Giants defensive end Leonard Williams (99) tackles Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Brandon Allen (8) during the first half of an NFL …
Boost, Bengals, Beleaguered, By, Brandon
Definition of 'beleaguered'. beleaguered. A beleaguered person, organization, or project is experiencing a lot of difficulties, opposition, or criticism. There have been seven coup attempts against the beleaguered government.
beleaguering - the action of an armed force that surrounds a fortified place and isolates it while continuing to attack. besieging, military blockade, siege. blockade, encirclement - a war measure that isolates some area of importance to the enemy.
adjective beleaguered A beleaguered person, organization, or project is experiencing a lot of difficulties, opposition, or criticism. 3 adjective beleaguered A beleaguered place or army is surrounded by its enemies. 3 adjective beleaguered experiencing difficulties, opposition or criticism 3 adjective beleaguered surrounded by enemies 3
Antonyms for beleaguered include carefree, unbeleaguered, relaxed, untroubled, calm, happy, collected, extroverted, friendly and open. Find more opposite words at ...