beleaguer (verb) · beleaguers (third person present) · beleaguered (past tense) · beleaguered (past participle) · beleaguering (present participle)
1. English speakers created "Beleaguer" from the Dutch word belegeren in the 16th century
2. See synonyms for: Beleaguer / Beleaguered on Thesaurus.com verb (used with object) to surround with military forces
3. To harass; beset: We are Beleaguered by problems
4. To surround someone in order to attack them: They were Beleaguered by enemy armies.
5. The bold Beleaguer'd post the hero gains, And the hard siege with various fate sustains
6. THE COLUMBIAD JOEL BARLOW In his tragedy of Ezelino, after the tyrant's downfall, a captain is sent to Beleaguer Treviso, and reduce Ezelino's garrison
7. To harass; beset: We are Beleaguered by problems
8. Definition of Beleaguered : suffering or being subjected to constant or repeated trouble or harassment an economically Beleaguered city With its life-support system cut off, the Beleaguered college has embarked on a tortuous campaign to keep going.
9. See authoritative translations of Beleaguer in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
10. To cause constant or repeated trouble for Examples of Beleaguer in a sentence On Halloween, I know the little trick-or-treaters are going to Beleaguer me all night long
11. 🔊 Jane’s ex-husband tries to beleaguer her by intentionally mailing her child support payments late
12. Beleaguer verb conjugation to all tenses, modes and persons
13. Search the definition and the translation in context for “ Beleaguer ”, with examples of use extracted from real-life communication
14. What does Beleaguer mean? The definition of Beleaguer means to harass with several issues
15. (verb) An example of Beleaguer is to cause stress to an
16. Beleaguer means to pester or badger with persistence
17. A babysitter might find annoying the children who Beleaguer her with requests for candy, cookies, games, and piggyback rides all at the same time
18. Beleaguer originally meant to lay siege to, and originates from a 16th century Dutch term which meant to camp all around.
19. Beleaguer - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
20. Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word Beleaguer
21. Princeton's WordNet (1.00 / 1 vote)Rate this definition: tease, badger, pester, bug, Beleaguer (verb)
22. Beleaguer - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
23. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Beleaguer [sb] ⇒ vtr transitive verb: Verb taking a direct object--for example, "Say something." "She found the cat." (harass, trouble) (a personas) acosar⇒ vtr verbo transitivo: Verbo que requiere de un objeto directo ("[b]di[/b] la verdad", "[b]encontré[/b] una moneda").
24. (2) Seize them, Beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them
25. (3) Not only will he not go, but any attempt to dislodge him would certainly cause trouble to erupt in that Beleaguered state again
26. (4) Look, I think doctors feel terribly Beleaguered in general about medical negligence litigation.
27. Synonyms for Beleaguer in Free Thesaurus
28. 35 synonyms for Beleaguer: badger, bedevil, beset, besiege, harass, harry, hound, importune, pester
29. In his tragedy of Ezelino, after the tyrant's downfall, a captain is sent to Beleaguer Treviso, and reduce Ezelino's garrison
30. They, however, continued to Beleaguer the place, occasionally showing in great masses
31. Somehow that seemed to make her matter less, and Dodo had not at present made any determined effort to Beleaguer her.
32. Translation for 'Beleaguer' in the free English-Chinese dictionary and many other Chinese translations.
33. : to cause constant or repeated trouble for (a person, business, etc.) the lack of funds that Beleaguers schools — usually used as (be) Beleaguered The team has been Beleaguered by errors.
34. Dictionary entry overview: What does Beleaguer mean? • Beleaguer (verb) The verb Beleaguer has 2 senses:
35. Surround so as to force to give up Familiarity information: Beleaguer used as a verb is rare.
36. Despite these advances, several limitations continue to Beleaguer the zebrafish model including a paucity of cell lines and antibodies, as well as transgenic and inbred congenic fish lines
37. Translation for 'to Beleaguer' in the free English-Russian dictionary and many other Russian translations.
38. At length, our leaders decided to Beleaguer the city with siege machines, so that we might enter and worship the Savior at the Holy Sepulcher
39. While technologies, including “braindump” Web sites and cell phones, are the more common cheating behaviors today, the problem of cheating will always Beleaguer distance educators; it is their responsibility to stay current on latest developments in the field of academic dishonesty, employ fitting interventions to mitigate cheating, and do
40. Beleaguer definition: to trouble persistently; harass Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
41. Beleaguer means to pester or badger with persistence
42. A babysitter might find annoying the children who Beleaguer her with requests for candy, cookies, games, and piggyback rides all at the same time.
43. Beleaguer in a sentence - Use "Beleaguer" in a sentence 1
44. Corruption cases continued to Beleaguer the new socialist administration
45. Leningrad will be either Beleaguer or starved to death
46. Click for more sentences of Beleaguer
47. How to say Beleaguer in English? Pronunciation of Beleaguer with 1 audio pronunciation, 18 synonyms, 2 meanings, 4 translations, 2 sentences and more for Beleaguer.
48. Beleaguered (comparative more Beleaguered, superlative most Beleaguered) Besieged; surrounded by enemy troops
49. Translate Beleaguer into Spanish
50. Find words for Beleaguer in Spanish in this Spanish-English dictionary
51. Traducir Beleaguer de Inglés a español.
52. Serious troubles continue to Beleaguer the operators of the Japanese nuclear power plant in Fukushima prefecture that was crippled by an earthquake and tsunami
53. The arrival of the fresh medical supplies was a welcome sight for the Beleaguered doctors working in the refugee camps.
54. Antonyms for Beleaguer include aid, assist, help, please, soothe, make happy, delight, leave alone, support and reassure
55. Beleaguer in a sentence - Use "Beleaguer" in a sentence 1
56. Corruption cases continued to Beleaguer the new socialist administration
57. Leningrad will be either Beleaguer or starved to death
58. Click for more sentences of Beleaguer: 37
59. Antonyms for Beleaguer include aid, assist, help, please, soothe, make happy, delight, leave alone, support and
60. Beleaguer definition: to trouble persistently; harass Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
61. ANALYSIS/OPINION: One year ago, the Supreme Court upheld a law that radically transforms our health care system in a way that continues to frighten and Beleaguer most Americans.
62. Synonyms for Beleaguers in Free Thesaurus
63. 35 synonyms for Beleaguer: badger, bedevil, beset, besiege, harass, harry, hound, importune
64. How to say Beleaguer in Spanish - Translation of Beleaguer to Spanish by Nglish, comprehensive English – Spanish Dictionary, Translation and English learning by Britannica
65. Example sentences: They Beleaguered the castle for months.
66. We've got 36 rhyming words for Beleaguer » What rhymes with Beleaguer? This page is about the various possible words that rhymes or sounds like Beleaguer.Use it for writing poetry, composing lyrics for your song or coming up with rap verses.
67. Another way to say Beleaguer? Synonyms for Beleaguer (other words and phrases for Beleaguer).
68. Beleaguer: belägra; skapa sorg; skapa problem: Translations: 1 – 1 / 1
69. Beleaguer - Dictionary definition and meaning for word Beleaguer
70. Beleaguer is only slightly more beautiful than besiege but has lost its original meaning of besieging towns and cities
71. To Beleaguer is to mentally beset from all sides persistently, as with work or worries.
The definition of beleaguer means to harass with several issues. An example of beleaguer is to cause stress to an ex wife by threatening to not pay child support unless she agrees to several demands.
Definition of 'beleaguered'. beleaguered. A beleaguered person, organization, or project is experiencing a lot of difficulties, opposition, or criticism. There have been seven coup attempts against the beleaguered government. A beleaguered place or army is surrounded by its enemies. The rebels continue their push towards the beleaguered capital.
Antonyms for beleaguered include carefree, unbeleaguered, relaxed, untroubled, calm, happy, collected, extroverted, friendly and open. Find more opposite words at ...