belabour (verb) · belabours (third person present) · belaboured (past tense) · belaboured (past participle) · belabouring (present participle) · belabor (verb) · belabors (third person present) · belabored (past tense) · belabored (past participle) · belaboring (present participle)
1. Belabor definition is - to attack verbally
2. How to use Belabor in a sentence.
3. Belabor definition, to explain, worry about, or work at (something) repeatedly or more than is necessary: He kept Belaboring the point long after we had agreed
4. To talk or write about at length or excessively; harp on: Don't Belabor the point
5. Belabor means to go at something with everything you've got
6. When you say, "Don't Belabor or agonize over the decision," it means, "Move on." Belabor is made up of the Latin roots be and labor meaning "to exert one's strength upon."
7. 63 synonyms of Belabor from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 94 related words, definitions, and antonyms
8. Belabor: to speak or write about insistently and usually tiresomely
9. Belabor the point To talk about or emphasize something more than is necessary, usually to the listener's boredom or annoyance
10. A: "I don't mean to Belabor the point, but I'm just worried that there won't be enough food at the party." B: "Yeah, we know, you've said that 10 times now." I'm only Belaboring the point because we still haven't reached a
11. The northerners strike the back of the rim with their sticks, while the Yukon people Belabor the face of the drum
12. THE DANCE FESTIVALS OF THE ALASKAN ESKIMO ERNEST WILLIAM HAWKES Presently, when the couch was a wreck and Bob had Frank over his knees and was preparing to Belabor …
13. Belabor is a silver quarterstaff that was found by the Mighty Nein among Vokodo 's treasures.
14. We found 4 answers for “Belabor”
15. This page shows answers to the clue Belabor, followed by 8 definitions like “To beat soundly; to cudgel”, “To discuss something repeatedly” and “To work at …
16. To talk or write about at length or excessively; harp on: Don't Belabor the point
17. Definition of Belabor in the Definitions.net dictionary
18. What does Belabor mean? Information and translations of Belabor in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
19. Examples of Belabor in a sentence
20. If you’re just going to continue to Belabor the point, I’m going home
21. 🔊 If the author hadn’t taken up so much space to Belabor his viewpoint on the politics of the time, the novel would have been shorter and easier to read
22. 🔊 He has a tendency to Belabor …
23. What does Belabor mean? The definition of Belabor means to explain or work at something for longer than is necessary
24. See authoritative translations of Belabor in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
25. Transitive verb If you say that someone Belabors the point, you mean that they keep on talking about it, perhaps in an annoying or boring way
26. I won't Belabor the point, for this is a familiar …
27. How Many Words can be Made From Belabor? Above are the words made by unscrambling B E L A B O R (ABBELOR).Our unscramble word finder was able to unscramble these letters using various methods to generate 115 words!Having a unscramble tool like ours under your belt will help you in ALL word scramble games!
28. ‘To Belabor the obvious, a lot of the people who stayed did so because they didn't have the money to leave.’ ‘The answer is obvious, and there's no point Belaboring it.’ ‘Now, I don't want to Belabor this point, but there is something remarkably obvious that needs to be said.’
29. Belabor - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
30. To Belabor the obvious, La Jornada is a leftist newspaper
31. I don't really want to Belabor …
32. Belabor translation in English - Spanish Reverso dictionary, see also 'belabour',Belarus',belay',blab', examples, definition, conjugation
33. Synonyms for Belabor include beat, bludgeon, thrash, whip, bash, baste, bat, batter, belt and birch
34. Definition of Belabor the point in the Idioms Dictionary
35. What does Belabor the point expression mean? Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary.
36. Belabor (v.) 1590s, "to exert one's strength upon" (obsolete), from be-+ labor (v.)
37. But the figurative sense of "assail with words" is attested somewhat earlier (1590s); and Belabored is attested from mid-15c
38. With a sense of "tilled, cultivated." Related: Belaboring.
39. Dictionary entry overview: What does Belabor mean? • Belabor (verb) The verb Belabor has 3 senses:
40. Beat soundly Familiarity information: Belabor used as a verb is uncommon.
41. If you really want to tick a customer off or incite an already upset customer, Belabor your point
42. An ostensible paean to the thesping profession and its wacky, lovable practitioners, this dysfunctional-family/romantic seriocomedy in fact occasions plenty of bad acting, making this an interminable Belabor of love that will have trouble finding an audience in any format
43. Belabor the Point blog offers insights on labor and employment law topics related to employers, management, HR, or in-house counsel.
44. Find 7 ways to say Belabor, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
45. The verb Belabor has other applications
46. Literally, “to Belabor” is “to thrash or buffet with all one’s might,” as in this description from Uncle Tom’s Cabin : Legree was provoked beyond measure by Tom’s evident happiness; and riding up to him, Belabored him over his head and shoulders.
47. Don't worry, we won't Belabor this topic
48. We won't Belabor the theory and background
49. We would not Belabor this point but only wish each to ponder it
50. To Belabor the comparison a bit, the same could be said for the American Dream
51. And she chose the dinner party where he was the guest to Belabor him with this abuse
52. And finally, not to Belabor it, there was the Palin nomination
53. It is perhaps superfluous to Belabor the extent, cost and unpunishment of antitrust crime
54. Belabor the point (formal) jump to other results to repeat an idea, argument, etc
55. Many times to emphasize it, especially when it has already been mentioned or understood I don't want to Belabor the point, but it's vital that you understand how important this is.
56. How to say Belabor in English? Pronunciation of Belabor with 2 audio pronunciations, 20 synonyms, 11 translations and more for Belabor.
57. Synonyms for Belaboring in Free Thesaurus
58. 18 synonyms for Belabor: assail, assault, baste, batter, beat, buffet, drub, hammer, pound, pummel
59. Belabor the point definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation
60. Definition of Belabor written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
61. Translation for 'to Belabor' in the free English-German dictionary and many other German translations.
62. Belabor - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
63. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Belabor [sth], UK: belabour⇒ vtr transitive verb: Verb taking a direct object--for example, "Say something." "She found the cat.": US (overwork, overstate [sth]): insistir⇒ vtr verbo transitivo: Verbo que requiere de un objeto directo ("di la verdad", "encontré una moneda").
64. Word Forms +-present tense: I/you/we/they: Belabor: he/she/it: Belabors: present participle: Belaboring: past tense: Belabored: past participle: Belabored: DEFINITIONS 1
65. You Belabor it until any sound but the sound of that instrument is, to your ears, gelatinous babble
66. I will not Belabor the matter, except to point out that this lack of judiciousness wastes valuable time
67. The scenario was familiar: VIPs visit from Washington, and the attention-starved assistant Belabors the …
68. Find words for Belabor in Spanish in this Spanish-English dictionary
69. Traducir Belabor de Inglés a español.
70. Translation for 'to Belabor' in the free English-Polish dictionary and many other Polish translations.
71. The definition of Belabor means to explain or work at something for longer than is necessary
72. An example of Belabor is to spend the entire night proofreading a two page paper
73. Belabor synonyms, Belabor pronunciation, Belabor translation, English dictionary definition of Belabor…
74. ‘To Belabor the obvious, a lot of the people who stayed did so because they didn't have the money to leave.’ ‘The answer is obvious, and there's no point Belaboring it.’ ‘Now, I don't want to Belabor this point, but there is something remarkably obvious that needs to be said.’
The definition of belabor means to explain or work at something for longer than is necessary. An example of belabor is to spend the entire night proofreading a two page paper. YourDictionary definition and usage example. "Belabor.".
Synonyms for belabor. to hit heavily and repeatedly with violent blows. Synonyms. assail. assault. baste. batter. beat.
To “belabor a point” generally means to explain or discuss something far past the stage of relevance or tact; usually, to “overexplain” something. For example, if you were at a dinner with a few friends and made an offhand comment that didn't sit well with one of them, and they mentioned it,...
belabor. Sentence Examples. Now, I don't want to belabor this point, but there is something remarkably obvious that needs to be said. To belabor the obvious, a lot of the people who stayed did so because they didn't have the money to leave.