1. Definition of Begotten (Entry 2 of 2) : brought into existence by or as if by a parent "He didn't send his only Begotten son through a whirlwind …" — Jesse Jackson … she was also a self-absorbed alcoholic with a penchant for promiscuous infidelity and scant interest in such minor matters as her only Begotten …
Begotten, Brought, By
2. Begotten definition, a past participle of beget
3. Presented in a surreal, gory and entirely visual manner, Begotten tells of the death of religion, the abuse of nature by Man and a nihilistic outlook on what life ultimately is.
4. γεγεννηκα (gegenneka), the original Greek word translated "have Begotten," is typically understood to mean "having fathered" or "having brought forth from the womb," but it literally means "having brought forth" or "having caused to arise," and is being used in this literal sense in this passage (see below).
Begotten, Brought, But, Being, Below
5. The English word “Begotten” is problematic for Unification teaching both within the Unification family and in efforts of Unificationists to reach out beyond Unification circles – especially, but not limited to, Christians
Begotten, Both, Beyond, But
6. The first definition is "pertaining to being the only one of its kind within a specific relationship." This is its meaning in Hebrews 11:17 when the writer refers to Isaac as Abraham’s "only Begotten son" (KJV)
7. A somewhat old fashioned adjective, Begotten is the past participle of the verb beget, which means to father or produce as offspring.
8. Let me start by saying Begotten is the past participle of beget
By, Begotten, Beget
9. The definition of Begotten means something created something else or someone fathered a child
10. An example of Begotten is when a small lie turns into a robbery
11. An example of Begotten is a man and woman having their first child.
12. The Greek term translated "only Begotten" is monogenes, a word used nine times in the New Testament that can mean one of a kind or unique
13. 27 synonyms of Begotten from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 41 related words, definitions, and antonyms
14. The visual look of "Begotten" is impossible to forget
15. Find 26 ways to say Begotten, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
16. “And [we believe] in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-Begotten Son of God, Begotten of His Father before all worlds, God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God, Begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father ….” In other words, although Jesus was a …
Believe, Begotten, Before, Being
17. Hereby there is another person Begotten, there is another infinite, eternal, Almighty and most holy and the same God, the very same Divine nature
18. And this Person is the second person in the Trinity, the only Begotten and dearly beloved Son of God
19. No man hath seen God at any time; the only Begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him
20. John 3:16 View whole chapter See verse in context For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Begotten, Believeth, But
21. Begotten Meaning: "procreated," late 14c., past-participle adjective from beget
22. Begotten is a brutal and beautiful film of great depth
Begotten, Brutal, Beautiful
23. Christ was the first Begotten of the Father, and to Him Jehovah made known the divine plan of Creation” (Stephen Haskell, Story of the Seer of Patmos, pp
24. If Jesus was Begotten, then he is a created being
25. Jesus is the only Begotten of the Father (John 1:14) and the Father proclaims Jesus as His Son (Hebrews 1:8)
26. How Jesus is Begotten is not the same as humans (Hebrews 7:3)
27. We cannot explain the how Jesus is Begotten, as we only can speak of what God has given us
28. The Begotten, also called "Beasts" or "the Children", are mortals whose souls have been fused with one of the Horrors within the Primordial Dream
Begotten, Beasts, Been
29. Begotten definition: Begotten is the past participle of → beget
30. Yet John says "only Begotten son", therefore if all are the sons of God, what is making the distinction here as an only Begotten son vs
31. A son of God? Definition of Begotten μονογενῆ - 3439 monogenḗs (from 3411 /misthōtós, "one-and-only" and 1085 /génos, "offspring, stock") – properly, one-and-only; "one of a kind" – literally
32. Only-Begotten Son; Monogenēs, only Begotten in the New Testament and Christian theology; Film and TV
33. Begotten, a 1989 experimental horror film written, edited, produced, and directed by E
34. Elias Merhige "The Begotten", a 1997 episode of the television series Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Books "The Begotten", poem by James L
Begotten, Books, By
35. The Creed teaches this in the terse but crucial words, “Begotten…
36. In Greek, the words “Begotten” (or “born”) and “created” are expressed with two different but related words
Begotten, Born, But
37. His glory was of the only Begotten of the Father, John 1:14 (2 Ne
38. God so loved the world that he gave his only Begotten Son, John 3:16
39. Christ has spiritually Begotten his people, Mosiah 5:7
40. Those who are Begotten through the …
41. Nothing Worth Remembering by Begotten, released 01 January 2021 1
42. Yes, [you are to build a temple of the Lord, but] it is He who shall build the [ultimate] temple of the Lord, and He shall bear the honor and majesty [as the only Begotten of the Father] and sit and rule on His throne
Build, But, Bear, Begotten
43. It is important to note that the phrase “only Begotten” in John 3:16 is not the same Greek word that appears in Acts 13:3; Hebrews 1:5 or 5:5
44. The phrase “only Begotten” comes from the Greek word monogenes which means that Jesus is the unique or “one and only” Son.
45. Begotten (1989) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more.
46. The Nicene Creed countered this false teaching by describing Christ as “Begotten not made” and as being “of one substance with the Father.” The creed echoed what Scripture had already revealed
By, Begotten, Being
47. Begotten, not made, one in Being with the Father
48. The phrase “only Begotten Son” occurs in John 3:16, which reads in the King James Version as, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." The phrase "only Begotten" translates the Gre ek word monogenes
Begotten, Believeth, But
49. The manuscript tradition is divided pretty evenly between “the only Begotten God” and “the only Begotten Son,” and the church fathers quoted it both ways
Between, Begotten, Both
50. But what is interesting is the first variant, “the only Begotten God.”
51. Thus, the Father makes him equal to himself, and the Son, by proceeding from him, was made the first-Begotten, since he was Begotten before all things, and the only-Begotten, because he alone was Begotten of God, in a manner peculiar to himself, from the womb of his own heart, to which even the Father himself gives witness: `My heart has poured
By, Begotten, Before, Because
52. Elias Merhige's 1991 movie Begotten.
"Only begotten" when attributed to Jesus means He is the "only One of the same Kind" as the Father. That is how John uses the word. That meaning also fits with how the word is used in Hebrews, of Isaac - he was Abraham's only son who was truly of his family, born of his wife as God had promised.
In creation, you are speaking of something temporal, in time, coming into being through the action or wish of another. So the biggest difference is that begotten refers to the eternal order or the eternal God; while creation speaks of the generation of temporal things in time.
The definition of begotten means something created something else or someone fathered a child. An example of begotten is when a small lie turns into a robbery. An example of begotten is a man and woman having their first child. Beget. Past participle of beget.
This expression appears in one of the most memorized verses in the Bible. Jesus says, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" ( John 3:16 KJV ). Jehovah's Witnesses, and other cults, have taken this to mean that Jesus was literally begotten.