BEDREST [bed rest]
See also: Bedrest
1. ZOEMO Bed Rest Reading Pillow - Bedrest Pillows with Arm Rests and Neck Roll for Reading Watching TV in Bed, Floor or Sofa - Big Bedrest Pillow with Neck Roll Pillow, Grey 4.5 out of …
2. Bedrest can actually be hard on your health
3. Being on complete Bedrest for an extended period increases your risk of blood clots
4. Bedrest - confinement to bed continuously (as in the case of some sick or injured persons)
5. ZOEMO Bed Rest Reading Pillow - Bedrest Pillows with Arm Rests and Neck Roll for Reading Watching TV in Bed, Floor or Sofa - Big Bedrest Pillow with Neck Roll Pillow, Grey
6. Shop for Bedrest at Bed Bath & Beyond
7. The earliest references to Bedrest seem to have occurred around 450 bc, and even then, Hippocrates warned people that protracted Bedrest could cause sarcopenia, osteoporosis, and tooth loss.2 Before the 19th century, survival required plenty of activity, so Bedrest was perceived as being irresponsible
8. Shop for Bedrest pillow at Bed Bath & Beyond
9. Bedrest is one of those things that has been around virtually forever but hasn't been proven to be particularly effective, not to mention it comes with its own set of risks
10. That is why a backrest pillow is a must-have item for anyone on Bedrest
11. Exercises for Pregnant Women on Bedrest
12. Some of the risks pregnant women on Bedrest face
14. The larger Bedrest is great to lay on the floor and watch a movie or read a book or add as an additional pillow to cuddle up with in bed.
15. Bedrest is also widely used in women with preterm labor
16. 'Tried-and-True' Therapies for Preterm Labor Don't Measure Up Even the "husband," that chunky Bedrest with arms introduced about 20 years ago by Brentwood, has been reinvented
17. Looking for online definition of Bedrest or what Bedrest stands for? Bedrest is listed in the World's largest and most authoritative dictionary database of abbreviations and acronyms The Free Dictionary
18. Bedrest: 1 n confinement to bed continuously (as in the case of some sick or injured persons) Synonyms: bed rest Type of: ease , relaxation , repose , rest freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility)
19. A nurse-driven mobility protocol given to the intervention group included questioning Bedrest and urinary catheter orders, ambulating patients three to four times per …
Bed rest. Bed rest, also referred to as the rest-cure, is a medical treatment in which a person lies in bed for most of the time to try to cure an illness. Bed rest refers to voluntarily lying in bed as a treatment and not being confined to bed because of a health impairment which physically prevents leaving bed.
Bed rest definition is - confinement of a sick person to bed. How to use bed rest in a sentence.
At this point, studies suggest that pregnant women -- even with complications -- are better off continuing their normal routine than resting. There's evidence that physical activity during pregnancy lowers the risk of problems like low birthweight and preeclampsia. What Should I Do if My Doctor Prescribes Bed Rest?
Many doctors know that there's not good evidence that bed rest helps. But they try it anyway because they think it's harmless. Unfortunately, studies have found that bed rest poses real risks. They include: Blood clots.