1. Basenjis are small, graceful hounds standing 16 or 17 inches at the shoulder
2. The Basenji is among the most primitive of breeds, discovered in the African Congo with Pygmy hunters
3. Basenjis are one of the smallest hounds, ranging in height from 16 to 17 inches and in weight from 22 to 24 pounds (10 to 11 kilograms)
4. Basenjis are intriguing in that they are physically unable to bark
5. The second function is to offer a place where Basenji fanciers from across the country, and indeed across the world can be updated on what the Basenji Club of America is up to in its endeavors to assist the breed and its fanciers.
Basenji, Be, Breed
6. Find Basenji Puppies and Breeders in your area and helpful Basenji information
7. All Basenji found here are from AKC-Registered parents.
8. The Basenji (also known as an “African Bush Dog”, “Congo Dog”, or “Congo Terrier”) is an ancient breed which can be seen depicted on stone tablets in Egyptian tombs
Basenji, Bush, Breed, Be
9. The modern breed originates in the African Congo (“Basenji” means “bush thing”), where they …
Breed, Basenji, Bush
10. BRAT rescues Basenjis from shelters, abusive situations, and relinquishing owners
11. Basenji Breeders Known for his curiosity and spirit, the intelligent Basenji does best in an active home with an owner that understands his independent nature.
Basenji, Breeders, Best
12. Basenjis are smooth, muscular, athletic dogs on the small side
13. The Basenji is a sight hound, hunting by sight only
14. Basenji Puppies Home will be with you and your new puppy for a lifetime
15. Basenji Club of America Basenji Club of Canada Basenji Rescue And Transport Basenji Club of Greater Detroit Michigan Gazehound Association Ann Arbor Dog Training Club Circle City Rag Racers Mid West Weight Pullers links to other Basenji breeders and websites: Tad Brooks - Meisterhaus Gale Whitehurst - UnderCover Linda Lipford - Worrywort Sue
Basenji, Breeders, Brooks
16. We became owners of English Bulldogs back in 2008 , French Bulldogs in 2011 , Basenjis in 2015 and recently added a Beagle to our household
Became, Bulldogs, Back, Basenjis, Beagle
17. We are members of the Bulldog Club of America, Tampa Bay Bulldog Club, French Bulldog Fanciers of Mid-Florida and Basenji Club Of America.
Bulldog, Bay, Basenji
18. Interview, personally visit (if possible) and obtain references for any breeder before placing a deposit or otherwise making a commitment to purchase a Basenji
Breeder, Before, Basenji
19. Consider the adoption of an adult or rescued Basenji as an alternative to purchasing a puppy.
20. Bred to hunt, the Basenji is a cat-like sort of canine: this dog is a curious, clever, and strong-willed loner who keeps to herself
21. The Basenji is probably one of the oldest breeds of domesticated dog, and perhaps that's why he's not a barker
Basenji, Breeds, Barker
22. Like his wild cousin the wolf, the Basenji can bark but usually barks only once and then is silent
Basenji, Bark, But, Barks
23. The Basenji is a small to medium purebred from central Africa
24. Discover about the Basenji Dog Information, Temperament, Care, Grooming, Training, Activity, Feeding, Health Concerns, Average Annual Expenses, Puppy Price, Names
25. The Basenji is a primitive or pariah-type dog who originated in as a hunting dog in Africa
26. Basenji Rescue and Transport Providing safe harbors and strong anchors for Basenjis set adrift
27. Available Mixes; Adopt A Basenji
28. If you're serious about adopting a Basenji from BRAT, be sure to visit our application to adopt a Basenji page
Basenji, Brat, Be
29. The Basenji’s prey instinct is acute and so is their interest in searching for escape routes
30. Basenjis are one of the most ancient dog breeds, confirmed by both DNA studies and illustrations of their type of dog on the tombs of the Pharaohs from 3600 B.C.
Basenjis, Breeds, By, Both
31. How Many Types of Basenjis Are There?
32. The Basenji is a primitive hunting dog breed in a lean—yet strong— and compact size
33. Basenjis have alert, pointed ears, almond-shaped dark hazel …
34. Nicknamed the “Barkless Dog”, the Basenji is a unique member of the hound group of dogs
35. Originating on the continent of Africa, the Basenji has been depicted in drawings that date as far back as the Twelfth Dynasty of Egypt where it was bred as a sighthound to track down small game
Basenji, Been, Back, Bred
36. Male Basenjis have a withers height between 16”-17” (41-43 cm) and a weight in the range of 22-26 lb
37. Basenji Dog in woods on ONE 16" square Fabric Panel to Quilt or Sew.Actual picture is approx 8 x 10" on white background.
38. Meet the breeders who made a pilgrimage to the Congo to save the smart, quick Basenji from extinction.
39. Basenji: [noun] any of a breed of small curly-tailed dogs of African origin that do not bark.
Basenji, Breed, Bark
40. Basenji dog breeders since 1984, producing quality Basenjis for companionship, conformation show, field trials, and obedience
Basenji, Breeders, Basenjis
41. Our site features Basenji Information, breeder listings, puppies for sale on occasion, adults for availible on occassion
42. Like most hounds, Basenjis are very vocal
43. However, unlike most dogs, Basenjis don't bark
44. Basenji's are calm and loyal companions that do well in cities and in any families
45. Originally used to hunt lions, the Basenji uses both sight and sound to hunt for its prey
46. Basenji's are calm and loyal companions that do well in cities and in any families.
47. Welcome to Marjani Basenji We are working on a new site, feel free to look around NEXT GOODIE Move Yo Mouse REVOLUTION SLIDER TEMPLATE NEXT GOODIE Marjani Basenji REVOLUTION SLIDER TEMPLATE NEXT GOODIE Slide 2 Slide 3
48. Page 1 of 2 Official Standard for the Basenji General Appearance: The Basenji is a small, short haired hunting dog from Africa.It is short backed and lightly built, …
Basenji, Backed, Built
49. The Basenji is a hound dog and belongs to the smaller dog group
50. An interesting fact about the Basenji is that they find it hard to bark, so they can turn to yodelling instead! Basenji’s come in rich chestnut red, black, tricolour, or brindle.
Basenji, Bark, Black, Brindle
51. Basenji · San Diego, CA Brittany is a very friendly, active, 4-month old girl likely to be about 45 pounds full-grown
Basenji, Brittany, Be
52. Find Basenjis for Sale in Albuquerque on Oodle Classifieds
53. Aug 1, 2018 - Basenji Dogs / Telomian Puppy Dog Dogs Puppies
54. See more ideas about Basenji dogs, puppies, dogs.
55. The Basenji Club of America was formed in 1942, and the American Kennel Club recognized the breed in 1943
56. Today the Basenji ranks 89 th among the breeds registered by the AKC
Basenji, Breeds, By
57. High quality Basenji gifts and merchandise
58. The Basenji is a generally healthy breed, but predisposed to certain health conditions
Basenji, Breed, But
59. July 23, 2020 · Important update from BCOA about our 2020 Basenji National Specialty
60. Basenji Club of America - Official AKC Parent Club
61. Basenji definition, one of an African breed of dogs having a chestnut coat with white points and a curled tail, characterized chiefly by their inability to bark
Basenji, Breed, By, Bark
Definition of basenji. : any of a breed of small curly-tailed dogs of African origin that do not bark.
Basenji information including personality, history, grooming, pictures, videos, and the AKC breed standard. Right breed for you? Basenji information including personality, history, grooming, pictures, videos, and the AKC breed standard. The Basenji, Africa’s “Barkless Dog,” is a compact, sweet-faced hunter of intelligence and poise.
The Basenji is a small, short haired hunting dog from Africa. It is short backed and lightly built, appearing high on the leg compared to its length.
Example Sentences Learn More about basenji Did You Know? One of an ancient breed of hound native to central Africa, the basenji is used to point and retrieve and to drive quarry into a net. Known as the barkless dog, it produces a variety of sounds other than barks.