basement (noun) · basements (plural noun)
See also: Basement
1. Basement definition is - the part of a building that is wholly or partly below ground level
2. How to use Basement in a sentence.
3. Basement synonyms, Basement pronunciation, Basement translation, English dictionary definition of Basement
4. It was the start of a year-and-a-half Basement finishing project, but it was well worth all of the effort
5. We hired them in 2015 for a bathroom remodeling for the Basement bathroom, and we were very happy with their work, so we were happy to bring them back for the main floor bathroom
6. Your Basement waterproofing repair may not call for any work to the structure of your building itself, but will work instead just the ground and landscaping directly around the house
7. Basement Door - Ultra Series from Bilco: Satisfies IRC 2006 Building code requirements for emergency egress in finished Basement areas
8. The Basement Sports Bar and Grill is a restaurant and bar in Northeast Ohio
9. Basement definition, a story of a building, partly or wholly underground
10. Basement is a strategy game, where you start doing illegal business to fund the development of your dream video game
11. Before laying flooring, it's necessary to choose a Basement subfloor that will provide you with protection and stability
12. Josh Williams and Josh Landers turn their small, cluttered Basement and attached covered porch into a pet-friendly den and play area for their Jack Russell terrier, Bentley.
13. Basement stairs are often in or adjacent to the kitchen and come down into the middle of the Basement, which reduces the usable floor space
14. When positioning a Basement stairway, consider how the Basement might be used
15. If you’re planning to use the Basement as an entertainment area, a stairway off a main entrance or living area offers good
16. 6 synonyms of Basement from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 17 related words, definitions, and antonyms
17. Basement: a room or set of rooms below the surface of the ground
18. Basement is the perfect place to celebrate your bachelor, bachelorette, birthday, or private event celebrations! To protect the health and safety of our guests, venue occupancy will be limited to 50% capacity, with two of our four bowling lanes closed, in order to …
19. AC Infinity AIRTITAN T8, Crawlspace Basement Ventilator Fan, with Temperature and Dehumidistat Controller, IP-44 Rated, Exhaust 4.5 out of 5 stars 424 $119.00 $ 119
20. An unfinished Basement, with its concrete floor and exposed joists, may seem dreary and cold
21. Exterior Basement walls that have earth mounded up against them do a fairly good job of preventing the cold from coming into the Basement
22. But Basement walls that are not protected by earth—such as those found in walk-out Basements—are just as susceptible to cold migration as walls elsewhere in
23. Jun 26, 2013 - Explore Linda Welker's board "Basement Remodel Ideas & Inspirations", followed by 4435 people on Pinterest
24. See more ideas about Basement remodeling, remodel, finishing Basement.
25. The Basement is occupied by only members of the family or families occupying the dwelling
26. Basements in a one-family home can be lawfully rented only if the following conditions are met: Compliance with the Housing Maintenance Code for minimum room size
27. The Basement is a live Escape Room experience
28. Unlike others, our Basement carpet tiles have a lifted base
29. This allows air to move underneath the raised Basement flooring material, which is a smart idea atop a damp foundation
30. What is a Raised or Floating Floor? An option for a floatable Basement …
31. How to abbreviate Basement? Get the most popular abbreviation for Basement updated in 2021
32. Basement renovations can be expensive, but saving money on lighting fixtures doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice features
33. Living in underground colonies, subterranean termites can easily stumble upon a Basement, as they feast on any structural wood they encounter
34. A finished Basement is a great addition to any home
35. Awesome Basements From Man Caves 18 Photos
36. See how Jason Cameron and Tony Siragusa transformed some of the most basic Basements into ultimate guy hangouts.
37. Six friends are lured to an underground Basement for a sinister experiment, will they escape, but most importantly will they live or die?
38. A flooded Basement is a homeowner's worst nightmare
39. Here are the first things you should do when you notice flooding, who you should call, and how to waterproof your Basement …
40. LED Basement Lights Led Garage Lights LED Shop Light,6000LM 60W Deformable LED Light Bulbs Garage Ceiling Lighting,Workshop Light for Garage, Workshop, Workbench, Barn, Warehouse (1 Pack) 4.6 out of 5 stars 2,923
41. Find 12 ways to say Basement, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
42. Basement insulation can be added to interior and exterior walls, in addition to the ceiling
43. The best option for a homeowner will depend on the nature of the Basement — finished or unfinished — and budget.
44. - The Basement East on Facebook - The Basement East on Twitter - The Basement East on Instagram We are committed to full website accessibility for all of our fans, including those with disabilities
45. A Basement renovation or finishing that includes installing a vapor barrier between masonry walls and drywall will help to prevent moisture damage
46. This Basement is a new build, and the concrete floors are sealed, the stairs are painted a deep gray, and the ceiling is left exposed
47. If the Basement is not allowed to dry out by circulating air or running a dehumidifier 1 to 2 months after completion, the water used in the construction can cause high humidity
48. The long term solution to condensation on the Basement walls is …
49. Basement gardening may be done hydroponically or in soil
50. Another consideration when growing veggies in a Basement is heat
51. The average cost of a Basement remodel is $18,500, but costs range from $5,000 to $70,000
52. That said, unless you're adding in an elaborate home theater or building in separate rooms with high-end finishes, most homeowners report paying between $5,100 to $7,150 to renovate their Basement.
53. Finishing a Basement could involve any of the following: framing walls with studs, adding insulation, framing for egress windows, adding/upgrading electrical for lighting, installing outlets, encasing ductwork, putting in ceilings, sealing the Basement floor, installing flooring, plumbing and more
54. Find local contractors to Remodel a Basement
55. One of the most common problems caused by single-pane glass Basement windows is the fact that they are cannot hold the water, which causes leaks between the window frame and the rough opening.
56. There are many benefits of owning a home that has a Basement foundation
57. Basements provide an out-of-the-way place to install mechanical equipment, such …
58. Organize by: [Syllables] Letters: Show rare words: [Yes] No: Show phrases: [Yes] No: See Basement used in context: 100+ rhymes, several books and articles.
59. Basement is a drug-dealing strategy game.
60. The latest tweets from @Basementuk
61. A typical Basement ceiling is an unsightly maze of plumbing pipes, wires, ductwork, and structural bracing
62. But take heart: Hiding all those systems with a finish material will give your Basement instant credibility as usable living space.
63. Finishing a Basement ceiling often involves some compromises.
64. 1000 square foot unfinished Basement finished by adding 2 bedrooms, with egress windows, bathroom, laundry room, and living space
In British English, the word basement is used for underground floors of, for example, department stores, but the word is used only with houses when the space below the ground floor is habitable, with windows and (usually) its own access. The word cellar applies to the whole underground level or to any large underground room.
Definition of basement 1 : the part of a building that is wholly or partly below ground level 2 : the ground floor facade or interior in Renaissance architecture 3 : the lowest or fundamental part of something specifically : the rocks underlying stratified rocks 4 chiefly New England : a toilet or washroom especially in a school
Definition of basement. 1 : the part of a building that is wholly or partly below ground level. 2 : the ground floor facade or interior in Renaissance architecture. 3 : the lowest or fundamental part of something specifically : the rocks underlying stratified rocks. 4 chiefly New England : a toilet or washroom especially in a school.
A basement is considered a story and defined as, that portion of a building below the first floor joists where at least half of its clear ceiling height is above the average elevation of the finished grades along the perimeter of the building.