1. There are several pronunciations of Banal, but the three most common are \BAY-nul\, \buh-NAHL\, and \buh-NAL\ (which rhymes with canal)
Banal, But, Bay, Buh
2. Drearily commonplace and often predictable; trite: "Blunt language cannot hide a Banal conception" (James Wolcott)
3. Banal definition, devoid of freshness or originality; hackneyed; trite: a Banal and sophomoric treatment of courage on the frontier
4. Some common synonyms of Banal are flat, inane, insipid, jejune, and vapid
5. While all these words mean "devoid of qualities that make for spirit and character," Banal stresses the complete absence of freshness, novelty, or immediacy
6. A Banal tale of unrequited love When might flat be a better fit than Banal?
Banal, Be, Better
7. / bəˈnɑːl / boring, ordinary, and not original: He just sat there making Banal remarks all evening.
8. Anything that's unoriginal and dull is Banal — a fancy word for things that bore you to tears
9. When you're writing, try not to be Banal
10. Clichés and dull topics are Banal
11. New ideas, fresh language, and unusual subject matter can keep your writing from being dreary and Banal.
12. Find 48 ways to say Banal, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
13. Hay personas con preocupaciones tan Banales como qué ropa comprar.There are people that have such Banal …
14. Banale is a destination for travellers and urban commuters looking for premium lifestyle accessories that combine functionality and style.
15. Trite: a Banal and sophomoric treatment of courage on the frontier
16. Ce constat est Banal et connu depuis longtemps.: This observation is Banal and has been around for a long time.: Le mal ne peut être à la fois Banal et radical.: Evil cannot be both Banal and radical at once.: La poésie, chez Samuel St Aubin, s'exprime dans le Banal.: Poetry, with Samuel St Aubin, is expressed through the mundane.: Le contenu était Banal, mais on a une liste exhaustive.
Banal, Been, Be, Both
17. The condition or quality of being Banal; triviality
18. Banal is the 2019 Filipino psychological horror film directed by JA Tadena
19. (Redirected from AJ Banal) Alex John Banal (born December 28, 1988), more commonly known as A
20. “Bazooka” Banal, is a Filipino professional boxer
Bazooka, Banal, Boxer
21. Banal resides in Ermita, Cebu City, Cebu, where he trains in the city's famed ALA Boxing Gym.
22. Another word for Banal: unoriginal, stock, ordinary, boring, tired Collins English Thesaurus
23. What does Banal mean? Common in a boring way, to the point of being predictable; containing nothing new or fresh
Banal, Boring, Being
24. To render or make Banal; trivialize: Television has often been accused of Banalizing even the most serious subjects.
Banal, Been, Banalizing
25. Adjective If you describe something as Banal, you do not like it because you think that it is so ordinary that it is not at all effective or interesting.
26. The Banal truth is that one does not need to do anything in particular to qualify as a tragic protagonist
27. From French Banal, from Medieval Latin bannalis ("pertaining to compulsory feudal service, applied especially to mills, wells, ovens, etc., used in common by people of the lower classes, upon the command of a feudal superior; hence, common, commonplace"), from …
Banal, Bannalis, By
28. Pronunciation: ·If something is Banal, it is very common and boring
29. Ba‧nal /bəˈnɑːl, bəˈnæl/ ●○○ adjective ordinary and not interesting, because of a lack of new or different ideas SYN trivial conversations about the most Banal subjects —Banality /bəˈnæləti/ noun [ countable, uncountable] Examples from the Corpus Banal • Everybody says sorry and life goes on - it's that Banal.
Ba, Because, Banal, Banality
30. Definition of Banal adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
31. Realizez că e Banal, dar putem vizita podurile din Madison County
32. Synonyms for Banal in Free Thesaurus
33. 67 synonyms for Banal: unoriginal, stock, ordinary, boring, tired, routine, dull, everyday, stereotypical
34. Examples of Banal in a sentence
35. Because the movie’s plot was Banal, we knew exactly how the film would end
36. 🔊 At nearly every meeting, he made that same Banal speech
37. 🔊 I was bored to death because of his Banal conversation
Bored, Because, Banal
38. 🔊 Filled with repetitive tasks, Sally’s job can only be described as Banal
39. ‘The Banal and obvious truth is that life and a country are largely what you make of them.’ ‘No one can get excited about the most boring and Banal of road stops like this guy.’ ‘I made a long list of quite Banal and boring questions that I went through and asked this man.’
40. Banal - sinónimos de 'Banal' en un diccionario de 200.000 sinónimos online
41. Definition and synonyms of Banal from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
42. This is the British English definition of Banal.View American English definition of Banal.
43. What is the opposite of Banal? Antonyms for Banal (opposite of Banal)
44. Definition of Banal written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
45. 'Banal' is a common word these days, and it means 'common'
46. Banal "trite, commonplace," 1840, from French Banal, "belonging to a manor; common, hackneyed, commonplace," from Old French banel "communal" (13c.), from ban "decree; legal control; announcement; authorization; payment for use of a communal oven, mill, etc.," from a Germanic source, from Proto-Germanic *bannan "to speak publicly, used of different kinds of proclamations (see ban (v.)).
Banal, Belonging, Banel, Ban, Bannan
47. Define Banal by Webster's Dictionary, WordNet Lexical Database, Dictionary of Computing, Legal Dictionary, Medical Dictionary, Dream Dictionary.
48. ‘The Banal and obvious truth is that life and a country are largely what you make of them.’ ‘No one can get excited about the most boring and Banal of road stops like this guy.’ ‘I made a long list of quite Banal and boring questions that I went through and asked this man.’
49. A Banal poem is never more than a Banal poem
50. A Banal or trite lyric, however, can be - with the right vocal cords - brilliantly and shatteringly conveyed
Banal, Be, Brilliantly
51. Banal nationalism refers to the everyday representations of the nation which build an imagined sense of national solidarity and belonging amongst humans
Banal, Build, Belonging
52. Examples of Banal nationalism include the use of flags in everyday contexts
53. "Anong kaya mong isugal para sa milagrong gusto mong makamtan?"Produced by APT Entertainment, we are proud to share to you the fearless trailer of Banal
54. Listen to Banal SoundCloud is an audio platform that lets you listen to what you love and share the sounds you create.
55. Stream Tracks and Playlists from Banal on your desktop or mobile device.
56. Find 48 ways to say Banal, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
57. Redécouvrez les Banalités.
58. Banality in feudal Western Europe, the monopolistic right of a feudal lord to demand that his serfs mill grain, bake bread, press grapes, and perform other duties exclusively in the mill, oven, and winepress belonging to the lord
Banality, Bake, Bread, Belonging
BANAL [bəˈnäl, bəˈnal]