1. Definition of Balky : refusing or likely to refuse to proceed, act, or function as directed or expected a Balky mule a Balky engine Other Words from Balky Synonyms & Antonyms Choose the Right Synonym More Example Sentences Learn More about Balky Other Words from Balky
2. Balky synonyms, Balky pronunciation, Balky translation, English dictionary definition of Balky
3. Pigheaded; contrary; stubborn; obstinate; perverse; mulish: The Balky child refused to put on her shoes
4. A Balky team or a break in the harness requires prompt relief or all will be lost
Balky, Break, Be
5. Nixon Horses Balky and unused to work, had to unhitch one and returned …
6. A Balky team or a break in the harness requires prompt relief or all will be lost
Balky, Break, Be
7. NIXON Horses Balky and unused to work, had to unhitch one and returned with but little drill
8. Balky Somedy who plays Call of Duty and takes it way to seriously
9. "Wow, I played some Search and Destroy last night with this 3rd Prestige, He's such a Balky."
10. Some common synonyms of Balky are contrary, perverse, restive, and wayward
11. While all these words mean "inclined to resist authority or control," Balky suggests a refusing to proceed in a desired direction or course of action.
12. ‘The biggest obstacle that could keep Hernandez from finishing strong is a Balky knee.’
13. ‘Unless these conditions were complied with, gravity served no better than a Balky horse - it would not work at all…’.
14. What does Balky mean? Given to stopping and refusing to go on
15. (adjective) A Balky horse; a Balky client.
16. Not willing to cooperate or comply as expected Examples of Balky in a sentence The Balky toddler’s favorite word was ‘no,’ and she seemed to enjoy doing the opposite of what her parents asked
17. 🔊 Hobbling up the hill, the old man was frustrated that his Balky knees wouldn’t bend like they used to
18. See Balky in the Oxford Advanced American Dictionary
19. Balky - stopping short and refusing to go on; "a balking"; "a Balky mule"; "a Balky customer" balking intractable - not tractable; difficult to manage or mold; "an intractable disposition"; "intractable pain"; "the most intractable issue of our era"; "intractable metal"
20. Balky, Balky, I Ain't Goin': Concepts for the Serious Pursuit of Horsemanship: Woodard, Lauren: 9781484858554: Amazon.com: Books
21. Adjective [usu ADJ n] Someone or something that is Balky does not behave or work the way you want them to.
22. The Balky family name was found in the USA, and the UK between 1880 and 1920
23. The most Balky families were found in and the USA in 1880and the USA in 1920
24. In 1880 there were 9 Balky families living in Missouri
25. This was 100% of all the recorded Balky's in the USA
26. Missouri had the highest population of Balky families in 1880.
27. Definition of Balky in the Definitions.net dictionary
28. What does Balky mean? Information and translations of Balky in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
29. Synonyms for Balky include recalcitrant, refractory, disobedient, intractable, rebellious, contrary, defiant, insubordinate, unruly and wayward
30. How unique is the name Balky? Out of 6,028,151 records in the U.S
31. Social Security Administration public data, the first name Balky was not present
32. • The Toyota was sluggish and Balky
33. • The engram bank may be Balky but enough asking will bring forth any data in it sooner or later
Bank, Be, Balky, But, Bring
34. • The theory is that his Balky digestion-- gummed up by too much fruit-- will now return to normal
35. • The Balky elevator has delivered the jumpers to …
36. TWISP/Balky Hill/Bonner Lake: Just over 20 acres, this parcel affords easy county road access just a short 4 miles from all Twisp amenities
37. Synonyms for Balky in Free Thesaurus
38. 9 synonyms for Balky: contrarious, contrary, difficult, froward, impossible, ornery, perverse, wayward
39. Balky: 1 adj stopping short and refusing to go on “a Balky mule” “a Balky customer” Synonyms: balking intractable not tractable; difficult to manage or mold
40. A Balky Trio: 1911 Pistols Chambered for .40 S&W
41. The Universes Inside the Lighthouse: Balky Point Adventure #1 (Balky Point Adventures) - Kindle edition by Stucky, Pam, Tierney, Jim
42. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading The Universes Inside the Lighthouse: Balky Point Adventure #1 (Balky Point Adventures).
43. Balky - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
44. Artiste : Laby X Balky Titre : 00H25 ♫ Street CLip ♫ 2014Record At : [Back Door Music]Directed by Mighty Production
Balky, Back, By
45. Balky - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
46. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Balky adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (stubborn) cabezota adj mf adjetivo de una sola terminación: Adjetivos de una sola terminación en singular ("amable", "constante") pero que sí varían en plural
Balky, Book, Big
47. 6331 Balky St , San Antonio, TX 78240-3102 is currently not for sale
48. A Balky engine [+] more examples [-] hide examples [+] Example sentences [-] Hide examples
49. What made you want to look up Balky? Include any comments and questions you have about this word
50. Delivery & Pickup Options - 2 reviews of Balky's Quarts & Six Pack "Balky's is a nice local joint, a perfect stop while on the road, and the people in Girardville are fantastic
51. Context example: a Balky customer
52. 58 Balky Hill Rd , Twisp, WA 98856 is currently not for sale
53. A Balky cow is leaving the barn as you try harder and harder to push her back in
Balky, Barn, Back
54. To stop your gelding's Balky behavior, take him from the field and his cow buddies, and work him four times a week in a round pen or arena
Balky, Behavior, Buddies
55. A Balky horse Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
56. CC Sabathia's Balky and bothersome right knee has landed him on the New York Yankees' still-full injured list.
57. Balky: Given to stopping and refusing to go on
58. Williams also recalled a Balky computer system that routinely displayed nothing but a blue screen and a system to removed gases from the rig's drilling shack that had been in a bypass mode for five years.
Balky, But, Blue, Been, Bypass
59. Sure, you could say the umps had something to do with the outcome today, but even with the 'Balky' call and …
60. Find more ways to say Balky, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
61. Balkysub - Escuela de Buceo, Cabo De Palos, Murcia, Spain
62. FlorBalky.com, Ostrava, Czech Republic
63. Internetová a kamenná prodejna FlorBalky.com
Definition of balky. : refusing or likely to refuse to proceed, act, or function as directed or expected a balky mule a balky engine.
Synonyms of balky. contrary, contumacious, defiant, disobedient, froward, incompliant, insubordinate, intractable, obstreperous, rebel, rebellious, recalcitrant, recusant, refractory, restive, ungovernable, unruly, untoward, wayward, willful (or wilful)
bulky – large and cumbersome; massive; ponderous; unwieldy: The bulky package was hard to maneuver through the door. 1. Given to stopping and refusing to go on: a balky horse; a balky client. 2. Difficult to operate or start: a balky switch; a balky engine. balk′i·ness n. American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition.
adjective, balk·i·er, balk·i·est. given to balking; stubborn; obstinate: a balky mule.