1. Sinister, Baleful, malign mean seriously threatening evil or disaster
2. A sinister aura haunts the place Baleful imputes perniciousness or destructiveness to something whether working openly or covertly
3. Exerting a corrupt and Baleful …
4. Baleful adjective menacing, threatening, dangerous, frightening, evil, deadly, forbidding, intimidating, harmful, sinister, ominous, malignant, hurtful, vindictive, pernicious, mournful, malevolent, noxious, venomous, ruinous, intimidatory, minatory, maleficent, bodeful, louring or lowering, minacious He had a Baleful …
5. The words malign and sinister are common synonyms of Baleful. While all three words mean "seriously threatening evil or disaster," Baleful imputes perniciousness or destructiveness to something whether working openly or covertly
6. Exerting a corrupt and Baleful …
7. Spirits whose Baleful influences are feared by man are happily easily tricked
8. THE SCIENCE OF FAIRY TALES EDWIN SIDNEY HARTLAND The vision he had had of faultless beauty, at once blessed and Baleful, was engraved upon his heart and brain
Beauty, Blessed, Baleful, Brain
9. From Middle English Baleful, balful, baluful, from Old English bealuful, which being equivalent to bealu + -ful
Baleful, Balful, Baluful, Bealuful, Being, Bealu
10. Baleful (adj.) Old English bealufull "dire, wicked, cruel," with -ful + bealu "harm, injury, ruin, evil, mischief, wickedness, a noxious thing," from Proto-Germanic *balu- (source also of Old Saxon balu, Old Frisian balu "evil," Old High German balo "destruction," Old Norse bol, Gothic balwjan "to torment"), a word of uncertain etymology.
Baleful, Bealufull, Bealu, Balu, Balo, Bol, Balwjan
11. The Crossword Solver found 42 answers to the Baleful crossword clue
12. Baleful is a Words with Friends word
13. Words with Friends point value for Baleful: 12 points
14. Words made by unscrambling the letters B A L E F U L 7 letter words made by unscrambling the letters in Baleful
15. The Baleful Harvester is a craftable Hardmode broadsword
16. What does Baleful mean? The definition of Baleful is something that is threatening and dangerous
17. (adjective) An example of something Baleful is
18. Threatening to do something bad or to hurt someone: He gave me a Baleful look.
19. Baleful means the foreshadowing of tragic or evil events
20. If no one's listening in class and your teacher reprimands you with a Baleful glance, expect a pop quiz.
21. ‘The Baleful effect of overwhelming electoral landslides, usually worse than suggested by the cube rule, has also been underplayed.’ ‘Just for a moment you are swept by a sense of doubt - perhaps The Economist, that most sober of journals, is referring to the Baleful effects of global warming.’
Baleful, By, Been
22. Examples of Baleful in a sentence
23. With a Baleful stare, the gang member pointed his gun at the unarmed police officer
24. 🔊 The witness was frightened when the defendant gave her a Baleful glance filled with hatred
25. 🔊 When we approached the frightened dog, it gave us a Baleful growl
26. 🔊 With Baleful eyes, the vulture stared at the injured
27. 52.9k Followers, 32 Following, 53 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Recruiting NOW! (@team.Baleful)
28. *Baleful as death promising evil; very threatening.
29. The Old English word bealu (the source of bale in Baleful) may be translated variously as harm, injury, ruin, evil, mischief, and wickedness
Bealu, Bale, Baleful, Be
30. In modern usage, the adjective Baleful is used in the sense of threatening: And as he spoke his eyes gleamed, and again that Baleful smile passed over his
31. Baleful - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
32. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Baleful adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house.": literary (threatening evil, menacing) (literario): torvo/a adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa grande", "mujer
Baleful, Book, Big
33. Baleful means harmful, or expressing harmful intentions.
34. Welcome to The Baleful Bassinet
35. Play Online! Release 1.0.0 (2/28/2019) Hello and welcome to the final installation of Baleful Bassinet (bugs and/or typos notwithstanding) I hope you all enjoy
Baleful, Bassinet, Bugs
36. Changelog-The Attic! Are you ready to face the final challenge of The Baleful Bassinet? Ready or not, the end is here! -A New Patreon Bedroom Ghost
Baleful, Bassinet, Bedroom
37. The Baleful effect of overwhelming electoral landslides, usually worse than suggested by the cube rule, has also been underplayed
Baleful, By, Been
38. The successful lobbying for deregulation of the electricity supply in California has had Baleful consequences that hardly merit repeating.
39. Finally, unable to face the Baleful glares of his junior colleagues any longer, Livingstone gave in last week and paid his staff their overdue February salaries "Which of you two low-life sleazeballs killed Murdoch?" There was no answer, only Baleful stares most people have experiences in infancy which made them feel weak, insignificant, foolish, ignorant, dirty, unloved.
40. Synonyms for Baleful in Free Thesaurus
41. 36 synonyms for Baleful: menacing, threatening, dangerous, frightening, evil, deadly, forbidding
42. The Baleful influence of the city's wealthy elite the Baleful effects/consequences of the war Word Origin Old English bealufull (from archaic bale ‘evil as a destructive force’ + -ful ).
Baleful, Bealufull, Bale
43. Definition of Baleful in the Fine Dictionary
44. Meaning of Baleful with illustrations and photos
45. Pronunciation of Baleful and its etymology
46. Related words - Baleful synonyms, antonyms, hypernyms and hyponyms
47. Example sentences containing Baleful
48. Baleful Beasts and Eerie Creatures Library Binding – October 1, 1976 by Rod Ruth (Illustrator), Andre Norton (Foreword) 4.9 out of 5 stars 18 ratings
Baleful, Beasts, Binding, By
49. Definition and synonyms of Baleful from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
50. This is the British English definition of Baleful.View American English definition of Baleful.
51. Synonyms for Baleful include evil, menacing, threatening, dangerous, harmful, pernicious, deadly, malignant, noxious and sinister
52. He turned his Baleful glare on the cowering suspect
53. The robber gave me a Baleful look
54. Local people can still recall the Baleful glow in the night as the mill blazed
55. Context example: the Florida eagles have a fierce Baleful look
56. Derivation: Balefulness (the quality or nature of being harmful or evil)
57. Primrose and the Dreadful Duke: A Baleful Godmother Novel (Garland Cousins Book 1) - Kindle edition by Larkin, Emily
Baleful, Book, By
58. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading Primrose and the Dreadful Duke: A Baleful Godmother Novel (Garland Cousins Book 1).
Bookmarks, Baleful, Book
59. Oric the Baleful is a level 30 NPC that can be found in Howling Fjord
60. Baleful Spire of the Feverflare Normal Item Level 650 +201 Intellect +302 Stamina +124 Haste +1,154 Spell Power +140 Mastery Empowered Item Level 695 +306 Intellect +459 Stamina +189 Haste +1,753 Spell Power +213 Mastery
61. The Baleful Boars is a very small and endangered Loyalist non-Codex compliant Space Marine Successor Chapter created from the lineage of the Blood Angels Space Marine Chapter during a unstated founding at the end of the 37st Millennium
Baleful, Boars, Blood
62. Definition of Baleful written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
63. Baleful Cloth GauntletsBinds to Blizzard accountUse: Create a soulbound item appropriate for your loot specialization).Classes: Priest, Mage, WarlockRequires Level 100Sell Price: 1 Baleful Cloth Gauntlets is a token that is used to create an item level 650 rare
64. The Baleful Gem is a quest item found in a Strange Device after defeating Fidelitas, the Mourning in the Chamber of Sins Level 2 during the quest, "Intruders in Black"
65. • Local people can still recall the Baleful glow in the night as the mill blazed
66. • The land bucked and heaved like a terrified horse and a storm of Baleful magic raced over the land
67. • After a few minutes, Blanche seemed to sense Dexter's Baleful mood, checked her watch and stood up to go
68. Origin Baleful Old English bealufull, from bealu
Baleful, Bealufull, Bealu
69. Portending evil; ominous: The guard's Baleful glare frightened the children
70. Harmful or malignant in intent or effect: a Baleful influence
71. Usage Note: Baleful and baneful overlap in meaning
72. Guildmaster Severian praises the potential for chaos present in the Baleful brews you have created
73. Wings of the Baleful Hollow Horns of the Baleful Hollow Blades of the Baleful Hollow Plate of the Baleful Hollow Form of the Baleful Hollow Baleful Hollow Loading Screen
74. Baleful Cloth HoodBinds to Blizzard accountUse: Create a soulbound item appropriate for your loot specialization.Classes: Priest, Mage, WarlockRequires Level 100Sell Price: 1 Baleful Cloth Hood is a token that is used to create an item level 650 rare
The definition of baleful is something that is threatening and dangerous. An example of something baleful is a powerful hurricane. YourDictionary definition and usage example. "Baleful.".
Nouns for baleful include bale, balefulness, baler, balers, bales, baling and balings. Find more words at wordhippo.com!
Affecting unfavorably by the supposed influence of the stars; baleful. In a blank manner; without expression; vacuously; as, to stare blankly. To stare or stand upward; hence, to be uplifted or conspicuous. Having the quality of injuring or killing; destructive; very mischievous; baleful; malicious; wicked.